We can add LaRue Tactical to the AR list

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • JR1572

Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    58   0   0
    Nov 30, 2008
    Madisonville, LA
    No, my feelings are fine. I just don't think anything of him. Why should I? It's not even about my discussion with him, its how he treats his customers in general when things go wrong, and a pattern of contempt for his own customer base emerges.

He plays to his audience of minions over there on arDERP.com. He seized the opportunity and got you. If it didn't bother you we wouldn't be hearing about it.

JR1572

JWG223

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Aug 16, 2011
    Shreveport
    He plays to his audience of minions over there on arDERP.com. He seized the opportunity and got you. If it didn't bother you we wouldn't be hearing about it.

JR1572
    I don't think I was "gotten". There is another thread I would like to link, where he insulted my father and upbringing, e-stalked me and posted photos of me (I don't care, but it was creepy), etc. I'll have to find it later. It was pretty extreme.

I've just got better options than larue for most products.

Last edited:

Sin-ster

GM of 4 Letter Outbursts
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    ^^^ pretty much mirrors what I've heard from folks who have interacted with him consistently, and in a business setting.

Truncated version: not very professional, and wildly childish.

His after-show antics at SHOT every year are pretty well documented, IIRC.

Vermiform

Free Candy!
    Gold Member
    Marketplace Mod
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Sep 18, 2006
    Shreveport - or therebouts
    I don't think I was "gotten". There is another thread I would like to link, where he insulted my father and upbringing, e-stalked me and posted photos of me (I don't care, but it was creepy), etc. I'll have to find it later. It was pretty extreme.

I've just got better options than larue for most products.

Still waiting on that link. It's a lazy Sunday afternoon and I'm craving dirty laundry.

JR1572

Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    58   0   0
    Nov 30, 2008
    Madisonville, LA
    I've seen that before, it's one of the standard "Mark Larue is a Douche" reference threads.

I feel like I know a celebrity.

I bet if Mark Larue died the same people that are roasting his ass right now would be kissing it and telling everyone how great of a guy he was.

I just want to buy good stuff, not be BFFs with the company owner.

I agree.

JR1572

Last edited:

JWG223

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Aug 16, 2011
    Shreveport
    I bet if Mark Larue died the same people that are roasting his ass right now would be kissing it and telling everyone how great of a guy he was.

I agree.

JR1572

I would not. I try not to speak ill of the dead, though, and would remain respectfully silent on the matter in deference to his friends and family, who I do not know. My opinion of the man would not change, but I certainly don't wish him dead and would not revel in an untimely passing.

JR1572

Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    58   0   0
    Nov 30, 2008
    Madisonville, LA
    I would not. I try not to speak ill of the dead, though, and would remain respectfully silent on the matter in deference to his friends and family, who I do not know. My opinion of the man would not change, but I certainly don't wish him dead and would not revel in an untimely passing.

I'm not saying you did or you will, I'm just saying I've seen it happen before and I will see it happen again.

JR1572

snoopygw73

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 10, 2011
    mandeville/covington
    I just read the ar15 thread...... WOW!!!! I honestly can not believe he would talk to a customer like that. i know the customer isn't always right, but you don't say "your father failed you".

JNieman

Dush
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 11, 2011
    Lafayette
    The latest bit of crassness is that he decided to remove his LEO/MIL discount on all products. He's claiming it's because of Obamacare and rising costs.

I told him he's full of ****. Maybe if he stopped shoving 5 pounds of political ****, 2 jars of sugary Dillo dust, and dillo tool beverage openers, maybe he could trim a little fat and afford to keep a little courtesy to the men that made his company famous that he so willfully abuses for advertising purposes, and those that watch his own ass every day and night around the clock.

It ain't a lot, but I'd be happier if he just raised the price for people like me, rather than the real duty users. I thought it showed /very/ poor taste. Then he tries to put the blame on Obamacare and step on a political pedestal over it. It was just crass, imo.

He's a dick, a tool, and I don't like his mounts. They don't perform as advertised, he's a belligerent ******* in customer-service (which matters for the product, not because I want to be BFFs with him) and he's just a business-owning-arfcom-troll is all.

Top Bottom