We lost one of our long time members today

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • charlie12

Not a Fed.
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 21, 2008
    Pride
    I got word tonight that my friend Danny Hebert from Brusly died this afternoon. His screen name was Danny Abear on here.
    He was a old CB'er his handle was Shorty back and had all the big CB radios back then. A few years ago he got his ham license and his call sign was N5WBR.
    He loved his radios and guns and reloading.

Last edited:

GunRelated

Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Feb 22, 2012
    Walker, La
    I got word tonight that my friend Danny Hebert from Brusly died this afternoon. His screen name was Danny Abear on here.
    He was a old CB'er his handle was Shorty back and had all the big CB radios back then. A few years ago he got his ham license and his call sign was W5WBR.
    Hope his family and friends are ok. Death will come for each of us and I do believe that when that time comes, as it did for him, we will all surprisingly welcome it more than we think.

70mikenike70

Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 13, 2022
    Lake Charles
    He was a old CB'er his handle was Shorty back and had all the big CB radios back then. A few years ago he got his ham license and his call sign was W5WBR.
    Sorry for this sad news. I am just getting into HAM radio in the past few months. I have my GMRS license and I’m studying for my HAM technician license and it sucks! Are you a radio operator? I pray his family has peace and blessings!

charlie12

Not a Fed.
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 21, 2008
    Pride
    RIP Danny, Been at his place several times and helping the old fart out, Smoked like a dragon.
    He's been on hospice care for man at least 2 years?
    Condolences to Mark and the rest of the family!
    About a year ago I was in BR to go to the VA clinic. My girlfriend told me he was in hospice on Bluebonnet so I said I would go see him one last time. I get to the hospice place and go in and ask what room he was in. They told me they didn't have him, I said that's good news or bad news. I went to his house and sat at the table and shot the bull with him. He's been in and out of the hospital with that damn COPD. He would be talking to us on the radio and say he had to stop get some air. He called me on they phone Nov. 23rd wanting me to go pick up a gun for him. He was something.

charlie12

Not a Fed.
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 21, 2008
    Pride
    Sorry for this sad news. I am just getting into HAM radio in the past few months. I have my GMRS license and I’m studying for my HAM technician license and it sucks! Are you a radio operator? I pray his family has peace and blessings!
    Yep I'm a ham and I have a GMRS license too. They have screwed up the GMRS repeaters by linking them around the country.
    Drill Sgt on here is a friend and a ham too

Gator 45/70

Rating - 100%
    31   0   0
    About a year ago I was in BR to go to the VA clinic. My girlfriend told me he was in hospice on Bluebonnet so I said I would go see him one last time. I get to the hospice place and go in and ask what room he was in. They told me they didn't have him, I said that's good news or bad news. I went to his house and sat at the table and shot the bull with him. He's been in and out of the hospital with that damn COPD. He would be talking to us on the radio and say he had to stop get some air. He called me on they phone Nov. 23rd wanting me to go pick up a gun for him. He was something.
    Yeah that's him, He called me one day about 6 months ago, Just out of hospice, died 3 times and they brought him back.
    Wouldn't. give up those cancer sticks.
    He wanted to borrow a OO Buckshot mold.
    I told him to have Mark stop by, never heard from him again.

charlie12

Not a Fed.
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 21, 2008
    Pride
    Yeah that's him, He called me one day about 6 months ago, Just out of hospice, died 3 times and they brought him back.
    Wouldn't. give up those cancer sticks.
    He wanted to borrow a OO Buckshot mold.
    I told him to have Mark stop by, never heard from him again.
    He was talking about reloading just about last week. Do you know if he was at home or hospital? I want and sat with him at OLOL while back

T-boy

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Oct 14, 2008
    st. amant
    Would you happen to know if he was an Electrician for Harmony during the 90's?

Top Bottom