We Should Try to Get This Started; A Day of Support for ALL LEO's

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region
    Fundraisers, blood drives, etc. are all good! But think about the impact of a day where everyone in the city, state, or country; all drives around with their headlights on. I think it would be infectious! We spread the event throuugh everyone we possibly could (friends, professional contacts, social sites, media, corporations, etc.), and get a nationwide movement going!

I mean; who wouldn't support that?

Hermit

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 27, 2007
    Ascension
    Fundraisers, blood drives, etc. are all good! But think about the impact of a day where everyone in the city, state, or country; all drives around with their headlights on. I think it would be infectious! We spread the event throuugh everyone we possibly could (friends, professional contacts, social sites, media, corporations, etc.), and get a nationwide movement going!

I mean; who wouldn't support that?

But we all drive with our headlights on.
    Think of something else.

noob

enthusiast
    Silver Member
    Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    New Orleans
    I would rather have everyone put blue ribbons on their mail box than headlights on. At least that's instantly noticeable why you're doing it. And also the officers may get a smirk from the overwhelming support they are seeing.

Abby Normal

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 16, 2014
    Metry
    I don't want to put words in anyone mouth but I think the headlight thing is show of support to LEOs and like minded citizens. I think that's OK but it is like balloons & candles. A fund raiser or just money is more substandcal & could actually help the families. A get together & Colletion could do more.
    If it rains on headlight day all is for naut.

general mills

Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 1, 2010
    Denham Springs (BR,Hammond area)
    got this from my HOA just now

Due to the amount of people expected for the candlelight vigil, it will be at Healing Place Church tomorrow the 17th at 8:00 PM and another vigil will be held the following evening the 18th at Christ Community Church at 7:00 PM. There will not be a vigil on -his street-.

JayKay

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 14, 2011
    Metairie, LA
    Only 20% of cars on the road today have auto daytime running lights! But whatever; Let's think about something that is undeniable in its display of support.

What about emergency flashers? I don't know about the legality of driving around town with flashers on, but it would certainly be an intentional and obvious display.

jussaddwata

Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Feb 1, 2012
    Prairieville
    Every vehicle has an antenna.....how about a ribbon of some sort or something to that nature could be shaped like a badge to attach to the antenna. That would show support for law enforcement plus raise money to give to the families. Just a thought.

AustinBR

Make your own luck
    Staff member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 22, 2012
    You guys have my support 100%.

Anything you need me to do to help organize this, let me know. We have around 25,000 members and their email addresses right now. I am game to mass email them all if we can get something setup. Hell, you want a sub-forum to organize something like this, just say the word and it's there. I'll even appoint a few of you as moderators in it to keep it organized.

We could get something big going, get it shared on social media (FB, etc) and get people coming here to see the details. Would help the community and we could possibly even make this a routine thing.

Thoughts?

JeeperCreeper

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 18, 2012
    LaLa Land
    I was actually thinking about this earlier around noon. I wonder if we could get something going to maybe serve the Baton Rouge LE community a lunch or something. Of course with the current state of things it would be best to not be too publicized beforehand to the public for the safety of all involved. I could see Red Beans and Rice and Jambalaya being served. Maybe if someone has access to a big BBQ pit burgers and dogs could be served as well. Could get soft drinks donated.

BRPD headquarters was moved to an old hospital building a few years ago. They have a ton of parking lot space. Might be able to just cook for them right there...
    My wife was LE when we met, She would definitely help out as would I. I have a Jambalaya pot that could be used. Decent sized, not monstrous. I like this idea of being able to cook for them and be able to talk to them and tell them thank you face to face.

Last edited:

Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region
    BRPD headquarters was moved to an old hospital building a few years ago. They have a ton of parking lot space. Might be able to just cook for them right there...
    My wife was LE when we met, She would definitely help out as would I. I have a Jambalaya pot that could be used. Decent sized, not monstrous. I like this idea of being able to cook for them and be able to talk to them and tell them thank you face to face.

Kind of like the Night Out against Crime; we could do Cook Out for Cops! ;)

We would probably need permission from a higher up over there to do something like that I bet.

Last edited:

N4sir

Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Aug 13, 2010
    Metairie, LA

That's sort of the type space I was thinking of or perhaps(and I have no clue of location or size of)the shooting range of their departments. It needs to be a place where it won't become a place or opportunity for protesters to show up and create more havoc.

JeeperCreeper

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 18, 2012
    LaLa Land
    That's sort of the type space I was thinking of or perhaps(and I have no clue of location or size of)the shooting range of their departments. It needs to be a place where it won't become a place or opportunity for protesters to show up and create more havoc.

There's supposed to be a huge property in baker that's a range and training area for LEO's. I haven't been, but my father has, may be something to look into.

N4sir

Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Aug 13, 2010
    Metairie, LA
    Kind of like the Night Out against Crime; we could do Cook Out for Cops! ;)

Yes, a fundraiser would be awesome too but gets more involved especially when it comes to handling money. The gofundme thing works for contributions. It's possible to get shooting sports, hunting stuff and even guns donated and raffled or even auctioned off.
    Initially I was just thinking about a gettogether for the Law Enforcement community to be able to come by(wherever that ends up being)and getting some good eats, a handshake, pat on the back or a hug. I'd like to see St Michael medals handed out to all officers along with a prayer card. Just something to let them know they are REALLY respected and appreciated for what they do.
    I'm making a few calls today to see if this would be acceptable.

Whitebread

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 3, 2015
    near by
    Lots of good ideas here. I would be in for a few. I really like the Honey Island/range day fundraiser.

Also a cookout for the BRPD in the lot sounds like a winner. And I think the we need to show the so called "community" that this sort of thuggery will not be tollerated. A very well organized rally/fundraiser/feed the police day that could also be used to strengthen bond between the gun loving community but also further the purpose of the Second Ammendment. Obviously there would need to be some ground rules, like no tac-tards and no slobs.

Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region
    Yes, a fundraiser would be awesome too but gets more involved especially when it comes to handling money. The gofundme thing works for contributions. It's possible to get shooting sports, hunting stuff and even guns donated and raffled or even auctioned off.
    Initially I was just thinking about a gettogether for the Law Enforcement community to be able to come by(wherever that ends up being)and getting some good eats, a handshake, pat on the back or a hug. I'd like to see St Michael medals handed out to all officers along with a prayer card. Just something to let them know they are REALLY respected and appreciated for what they do.
    I'm making a few calls today to see if this would be acceptable.

Yes! Fundraising would complicate things. I was leaning toward something like a united show of community support!

Can you imagine how many people would stop by, or donate food and money for a cookout to show appreciation? It would be huge.

Now, that being said; I don't know if they would want to gather those types of crowds or attention in one place with all of this stuff still simmering in the air; but it would send a strong message!

BTW: I just called the Kleinpeter Substation to buy those guys lunch, and someone is already bringing them boxed lunches! The desk personon the phone told me that a lot of people are offering!

Last edited:

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    MiyaMarukutsune
    Top Bottom