We Should Try to Get This Started; A Day of Support for ALL LEO's

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • general mills

Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 1, 2010
    Denham Springs (BR,Hammond area)
    I know of a ton of LEO that wouldn't step foot on Honey Island's range.

If you want to show support, show support. Money isn't an issue, it's morale. You see an officer while you're out and about, tell him/her that you appreciate what they do and that you are thankful they are here, that you support them. Nothing boosts morale like knowing the community backs them.

Yes. Send a thank you letter. Or if you have a police officer as a neighbor, mow their yard while they are at work. I just did, they got enough on their minds this week.

ajridgedell

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 9, 2015
    Loranger, La
    Ok I found a small piece of blue ribbon and got this started. I sent this idea to Donald Trump through every contact I could find except Twitter and Facebook which I do not do. If you do Twitter or Facebook please send along this idea to "Tie One On" to anyone you know and to anyone connected to the Trump campaign.
    View attachment 64413

Sent my wife to the hardware store to get some blue survey tape to put on our doors and tailgate. I'll see if she'll send it to trump on social media. Some may complain about "politicizing" this but trump needs any advantage he can get and a movement to support Leo would be great!

general mills

Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 1, 2010
    See I think this is a good time to OC, and remind both the police and the rest of the world that there are a lot of well armed good individuals there ready to have their backs.
    But a set of rules would need to be stricky adhered to. Rules like holstered handguns on well groomed well dressed people only.

Sorry but no way in hell. If this happens, the spotlight will be on it. Our house is on fire, and it needs water, not gasoline. Why bring controversy into this? This is not about 2A, police do not need to know that " well armed good individuals there ready to have their backs," I think most would rather people step back and let them do their jobs. This needs to be about thanking police and showing community solidarity, not stirring shinola.

Plus, I would think that any type of carry would be illegal on police property. I'm certainly not carrying a firearm to this.

*edit* Also, think how that would spin, the media would portray it as race war instigation. I feel this would go from 0 to stupid fest in 10 seconds flat.

Last edited:

N4sir

Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Aug 13, 2010
    Metairie, LA
    Sorry but no way in hell. If this happens, the spotlight will be on it. Our house is on fire, and it needs water, not gasoline. Why bring controversy into this? This is not about 2A, police do not need to know that " well armed good individuals there ready to have their backs," I think most would rather people step back and let them do their jobs. This needs to be about thanking police and showing community solidarity, not stirring shinola.

Plus, I would think that any type of carry would be illegal on police property. I'm certainly not carrying a firearm to this.

I agree 100%!

Alright, I've been trying to get through to the BRPD and believe me I know they have their hands full today but the phone either rings with no answer or I get a busy signal. Does anyone have a contact with them? If so please talk to them and send me a pm with a contact number so we can find out if this is doable.

Whitebread

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 3, 2015
    near by

*edit* Also, think how that would spin, the media would portray it as race war instigation. I feel this would go from 0 to stupid fest in 10 seconds flat.

I conceed. As you said its not about the 2nd A, but OCing doesnt have to be stirring shinola either. The thought that some of the good folks of BS could put a friendly responsible face to firearms, but having considered the possibility of it being seen in the wrong light or some clown making an a-hat of himself its better we just have their backs with kindness and groceries.

Maybe we can review a responsible 2nd A rally at more appropriate time and place.

Last edited:

AustinBR

Make your own luck
    Staff member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 22, 2012
    Any cops on here have a recommendation on who we should contact? Any ideas on what we could do? I like the idea for an event (cookout would work), but it needs to be coordinated very, very well. There will likely be protestors and I think simply ignoring them is the best option. Arguing and bickering won't help.

--Sent from my Galaxy S6

ajridgedell

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 9, 2015
    Loranger, La
    I texted a good friend that's in law enforcement, I'll just post screen shots of his input. Please excuse my iPhone grammar.
    94204690-8690-4252-96B4-7AF749D48B44_zps92xtxn9h.jpg

ED8A96DE-28EC-4BF5-9504-5AAAA698596F_zpsw4scs133.jpg

370690B6-A67E-46DD-A171-7CD2D806B576_zpsffrmvinh.jpg

Last edited:

general mills

Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 1, 2010
    I conceed. As you said its not about the 2nd A, but OCing doesnt have to be stirring shinola either. The thought that some of the good folks of BS could put a friendly responsible face to firearms, but having considered the possibility of it being seen in the wrong light or some clown making an a-hat of himself its better we just have their backs with kindness and groceries.

Maybe we can review a responsible 2nd A rally at more appropriate time and place.

Thank you. I'm not trying to say OC is all about stirring shinola, or that all oc is for asshats, or anything of the like. I just feel that this could be very sensitive, and while a majority of people could handle it, some butthole will show up with an AR and a rebel flag t-shirt and ruin everything.

Whitebread

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 3, 2015
    near by
    Thank you. I'm not trying to say OC is all about stirring shinola, or that all oc is for asshats, or anything of the like. I just feel that this could be very sensitive, and while a majority of people could handle it, some butthole will show up with an AR and a rebel flag t-shirt and ruin everything.

Agreed. Its a shame we have to anticipate this, but I want nothing to do with crapping all over an opertunity to do something good.

dk.easterly

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 28, 2011
    Clinton, LA
    There is a local Ride going on tomorrow starting at either All Star Lanes or the BRPD tomorrow @6pm.

2 or 4 wheels. Or just go show your support.

I would recommend being armed. Wouldn't surprise me if some BLM hero tries something.

Bigchillin83

Rating - 100%
    96   0   1
    Feb 27, 2012
    Livingston
    If you see a police officer in line at a gas station or getting food in a restaurant, step up and pay for there meal or there chips and cold drink and tell them you appreciate everything they are doing and offer to say a little prayer of strength and level mindset in these troubling times!!!

Saintsfan6

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Oct 6, 2014
    Texas
    There is a local Ride going on tomorrow starting at either All Star Lanes or the BRPD tomorrow @6pm.

I would recommend being armed. Wouldn't surprise me if some BLM hero tries something.

Wish I was in town for this.

AustinBR

Make your own luck
    Staff member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 22, 2012

Ride is leaving from all star lanes on airline at 6 pm and heading to brpd from my knowledge. Y'all have fun!

--Sent from my Galaxy S6

Top Bottom