WENT Bison Hunting.. PHOTOS!!

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • oleheat

Professional Amateur
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 18, 2009
    WOW- congrats!

That's a lot of meat! It's easy to see how & why the "original hunters" relied so heavily on those magnificent beasts in times gone by......

Last edited:

Plinky

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 20, 2010
    Baton Rouge
    Hey Spanky...

I have a Fallow deer hunt... wanna have a JUNIOR HUNTER contest for him? ANY winner UNDER 18 gets to go and bag him for free?

Plinky

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 20, 2010
    Baton Rouge
    WOW- congrats!

That's a lot of meat! It's easy to see how & why the "original hunters" relied so heavily on those magnificent beasts in times gone by......

Yea Im with WHbonney tho.. Would have been a great Sharps rifle hunt.. Might have to go Quigley on the next one,lol.

quigley.jpg

derf

Privateer
    Rating - 100%
    71   0   0
    Oct 11, 2008
    BR, LA
    Nice hunt pics.
    I still disagree with your sig. It is wrong to advocate resisting arrest on pretenses that cannot be proven.
    Define unlawful arrest and explain how you can know you are being unlawfully arrested before the act.
    Example:
    Someone who fits your description robs a bank. A cop sees you and you fit the description. He attempts to detain/arrest you. You think you have the right to kill him? The arrest may be incorrect but is not unlawful.

oleheat

Professional Amateur
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 18, 2009
    Yea Im with WHbonney tho.. Would have been a great Sharps rifle hunt.. Might have to go Quigley on the next one,lol.

quigley.jpg

If you do- try and get that shot on video! That would be awesome stuff!:D

Plinky

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 20, 2010
    Baton Rouge
    Nice hunt pics.
    I still disagree with your sig. It is wrong to advocate resisting arrest on pretenses that cannot be proven.
    Define unlawful arrest and explain how you can know you are being unlawfully arrested before the act.
    Example:
    Someone who fits your description robs a bank. A cop sees you and you fit the description. He attempts to detain/arrest you. You think you have the right to kill him? The arrest may be incorrect but is not unlawful.

This is not the place for this, but since you are going to keep kicking the horse...

Here is the Legal Definition of Unlawful arrest as explained by the United States Supreme Court..

"A tort (a civil wrong) that consists of an unlawful restraint of an individual's personal liberty or freedom of movement by another purporting to act according to the law."

Quite simply stated, If the LEO is wrong and detains or imprisons you in any manner for ANY UNLAWFUL REASON INCLUDING--> a crime that you have not commited, he is GUILTY of False Imprisonment AND False Arrest. This is a crime, If you while False Imprisoning someone are shot by your victim, it is a JUSTIFYABLE HOMICIDE. For an LEO the LAW IS THE SAME!

example*. You offer to take a girl home, then you wont let her out of your car.. she pulls out a handgun and shoots you, she is JUSTIFIED in shooting you.
    An LEO stops to ask you what you are doing on the street at 1am, he grabs you, and attempts to handcuff you without reason or provocation and you know for certain you have commited no crime, this is False Arrest, and by LAW, you have the right to resist as it is in the eyes of the court, the same as an assault and battery.

If he DETAINS ME for a reasonable amt of time - NO i shouldnt and am not allowed to shoot him, the law says Unlawful ARREST .. keep in mind an LEO does not have the right to Detain me while he builds a case against me, he has to either arrest me in a timely manner or release me.
    If he ARRESTS ME- After i have explained how it cannot be me that commited the crime or in the face of obvious evidence ommiting me from being an actual suspect, or he chooses not to listen? I say its the LAW that gives me the right to NOT be Arrested Unlawfully.
    .. you are saying because he/she is an LEO he has the right to break the LAW ( ie. Unlawful OR False Arrest, a violation of CIVIL RIGHTS, as well as a CRIMINAL VIOLATION) and I dont? Screw that i dont just say no, i say HELL NO!

In EVERYONES job description, the words "Attention to facts/details", and "Responsibility" echo over and over.. We teach our children this from day one, Yet you say that an LEO should have no concerns to actually be right in what they do in their job? If you or i make a mistake, we lose our job, our home our cars and sometimes our families, However a cop should not have to face any reprocussions for making a mistake on his? Hell even a soldier in a police state faces concequences for making a mistake, everything from court martials, to death.
    The lowest estimates say that 8% of the people on Death Row are innocent, what if it were your son or daughter that was sitting there MURDERED by an LEO who did not do his job, or by one who decided to convict them himself? Would you still sit here and say an LEO should have that right? Would you say it while you watched your 26yr old son slip away from a lethal injection when you knew for a fact he did not commit the crime?
    9% of Police shooting victims are someone who is later found to be innocent of the crime, when you or your loved one becomes part of that 9% will you still say what you are saying now? If we take out any and all responsibility for LEO's to be sure before pulling a trigger or handcuffing someone, and these numbers climb to 20% or more, then will it be time to rethink your position?

More to the Point.. Its the law.. dont like it.. dont be an LEO or make sure you follow the LAW. If not, sooner or later someone will enforce the Law and you will find yourself on the other side of the Enforcement Tree.

can we get back to the Hunting stuff? lol.

Last edited:

Plinky

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 20, 2010
    Baton Rouge
    $2000 includes the meat and prep, wrapped and packed?

i.e. thats the real bottom line total, all said and done?

If so, that is an excellent deal.

Enough so that I would not only consider it very strongly, I will use a 50 BMG if they let me, just to see what it does to a bull.

Yes 2k complete, they handled everyything, not sure if u mean butchered the meat, if so then no,lol but they skinned, quartered, bagged, packed with ice, and wrapped in cloth for my 3hr drive to Cutrers. As well as prepped my skull like this, they skinned and de-meated it and cut it off top jaw to behind the horns for a wall-hanger. I of course Tipped the 2 guides/dressers each as is standard on guided hunts, but these guys seemed overjoyed to each get 100 bucks, hell they definately earned it!

NAN3514.jpg

If u wanted to go in the night before and stay in one of the very nice airconditioned and satelite tv private cabins to get a good early start, They dont have any problem with that.

You can shoot the .50 there im sure, they can give you shots to 600-800 yrds there. They can make it as easy or as complicated of a hunt as you want, hike the land or ride in the mule, sit in a stand, or get on the ground. I would suggest waiting until late Oct for a hunt when the heat is not an issue.

Just dont get all excited and shoot Dreammaker, hes 45,000 dollars if you want to bag him from what i hear,lol.

This was my 2nd trip to Land of Lakes, the first trip this spring i took a nice 500lb Hog.. total cost.. 250 bucks. This place has LOTS of hogs roaming around.

Last edited:

charliepapa

Clandestine Sciuridae
    Rating - 100%
    130   0   0
    Jul 12, 2009
    Prairieville
    This was my 2nd trip to Land of Lakes, the first trip this spring i took a nice 500lb Hog.. total cost.. 250 bucks. This place has LOTS of hogs roaming around.

Man, we need to make a pistol hunt for those hogs with that 10mm you got! I've got a Blackhawk that wants a hog...

artabr

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 24, 2008
    New Iberia , Louisiana
    Plinky, is this the same place that offers handgun hog hunting?

I know that there is a place somewhere in that area that use to.

Dreammaker ought to be called Bank Breaker. :D

Art

Last edited:

Dave328

Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Jul 11, 2007
    Gretna
    Ritten: WTF man?? I'm still waiting on ribeyes and you go on offering Bison meat?

What a coincidence, it's possibly a WORLD RECORD.:rolleyes:
    I wonder if the WORLDS FASTEST MOTORCYCLE or the WORLDS FASTEST MUSTANG will be used for transport?

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

Last edited:

Plinky

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 20, 2010
    Baton Rouge
    Pangris, Butcher is gonna cost me a dollar a lb pretty much by the time its all done.

Art, im pretty sure they dont care what u shoot hogs with i know they said i could shoot the buffalo with a bow.

wh- no prob, I know there is a place in South Dakota that does olden days style buffalo hunts, but all in all for the cost, this would definately be worth it.

Dave, all it takes to have the best of things is money, get some and then you too can brag... and you forgot that guy also had fastest crotch rocket.

whbonney26

Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Nov 2, 2008
    Pearl River, LA
    wh- no prob, I know there is a place in South Dakota that does olden days style buffalo hunts, but all in all for the cost, this would definately be worth it.

I guess it would be nice to do a nice hunt on the plains of S.D. but for the price I would just assume bring my sharps out to where you went and shoot one there.

Sounds like a really nice hunt.

whbonney26

Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Nov 2, 2008
    Pearl River, LA
    We have bison in LA?

Well not naturally but they are considered exotics. There is a place in the Loranger/Husser area that has ....or had some in their pasture. I have not been through there in a while so dont know if they still have them but there are places here and there that have them. Not for hunting but for whatever reasons.

Land of Lakes looks like a nice place. I was just on their website.

jphilp87

Glock
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 18, 2006
    Ascension
    The original territory of the North American Bison once extended all the way down to the Northern part of Louisiana. They were everywhere

Top Bottom