Whale Wars

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Jimmy Dean

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 5, 2008
    So, I am waiting on something somewhat decent to come on (River monsters) but whale wars is on, and not much else.

So, I figured I would watch it for half an hour, (seeing as how the Ady Gil and a Japanese boat came into contact a few months back)

The show is ENTIRELY from what I have seen, from Sea Shepherds POV, biased a bit perhaps huh?

From a view in the cockpit of the Ady Gil, they have some of the digital instrumentation blocked out (making it fuzzy so that it cannot be read). I am wondering what is up with this. Unless the people of S.S. have something to hide, why would they be requesting (because I am sure that animal planet would not be putting in the extra work of extra editing their video for no reason) be requesting that somethign like their GPS location be edited out.

I am guessing that it is their GPS location because there is only one of 4 displays legible, it is clear that the other three where edited out, and it seems to be the speed of the vessel perhaps (when I was watching, it was reading 0.5, while they where checking out some whales, so I guess they had stopped engines)

But...why should they have anything to hide if they are so high and mighty?

Jimmy Dean

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 5, 2008
    So, still watching this horrid show, and this S.S. ship purposely cuts in front of a Japense Whaling vessel (which then corrects course so as not to run into the S.S. ship) and the S.S. ship recorrects to put them into a collision course.....

Oh the suspense!

I hope that Jap ship runs them the hell over!

CloudStrife

Why so serious?
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 5, 2010
    Baton Rouge, LA
    I'm not informed on the extent of whaling and whatever effects it's having, but the people on that show are nothing but a bunch of sissy libs. In one episode a whaling crew member threw 1/2" or so nuts at the little boat antagonizing them. The anti-whalers got so damn upset, and talked about how the whalers were trying to injure them. One woman said she could see the violence in them. :rolleyes: My grandpa and I were laughing and wondering who pays these idiots to bother whalers.

charlie12

Not a Fed.
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 21, 2008
    Pride
    I keep hoping for a Jap sub to surface. I know they can't but I can still hope. :D

They keep saying they are at war, somebody needs to show them what war really is.

Guate_shooter

LA CHP Instructor # 522
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Dec 4, 2009
    (Breaux Bridge)
    My grandpa and I were laughing and wondering who pays these idiots to bother whalers.

NOBODY, eventhough I am sure there are some of the crew members who work on a salary such as Captain, Chief Mates and Engineers most of the crew are freebies-volunteers, the only reasson I know this is because my brother had aplied to go on one of their Vessels. You get "hired" on a 14 month contract as a minimum, he is a Major in International Commerce and has a minor in Political Science so his goal was to somehow get in with a UN or Green Peace Organization and that is the reasson he was looking forward to working on something like this, that was until he realized it was free work then he changed his mind QUICK.:rofl::rofl::rofl:

headshot

Mentally Hilarious
    Rating - 94.1%
    16   1   0
    Apr 3, 2010
    Gonzales LA
    I am waiting on these A-holes to get shot at!! Speaking of violence...... Their the one's ramming other ships and throwing stink bombs at the crew. They would rather see an already dead whale, who could feed an entire village, go to waste, rather than get processed. The guy's on the Japanese ships are just fishermen trying to make a living. I think that whole show is :ghey:

charlie12

Not a Fed.
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 21, 2008
    Pride
    I am waiting on these A-holes to get shot at!! Speaking of violence...... Their the one's ramming other ships and throwing stink bombs at the crew. They would rather see an already dead whale, who could feed an entire village, go to waste, rather than get processed. The guy's on the Japanese ships are just fishermen trying to make a living. I think that whole show is :ghey:

I think it's kind of crazy, they throw all that crap and ruin the meat. Then they Japs throw it away and have to go kill another one. :dunno:

toddrod

Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Feb 14, 2007
    Vacherie, LA
    I just do not understand how the crew gets on that boat and heads out being so unprepared. For instance, last year they almost ruptured their hull running in the ice pack. You would have thought the captain would have reinforced his hull for this years campaign, but no, here they are running in the ice pack again this year and they are worried about rupturing the hull again.

jimdana1942

oldtimer
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Aug 11, 2008
    Sulphur, La.
    Well, think about it. The Japanese whalers are violating international whaling laws. The Sea Shepherd and it's crews are the ONLY people on this planet trying to do something about it. Personally, considering Pearl Harbor, I think it is great that they (Sea Shepherd) are irritating the sh-t out of the Japanese. More power to them.

headshot

Mentally Hilarious
    Rating - 94.1%
    16   1   0
    Apr 3, 2010
    Gonzales LA
    QUOTE=jimdana1942;494518]Well, think about it. The Japanese whalers are violating international whaling laws..[/QUOTE]

I haven't watched the show enough to know about the laws they are violating, so in that case I can appreciate what they are doing.

[/QUOTE]Personally, considering Pearl Harbor, I think it is great that they (Sea Shepherd) are irritating the sh-t out of the Japanese. More power to them.[/QUOTE]

Agreed, but let's not forget about sticking Little Boy and Fat Man up their a** to make up for that :flamed:

yamatitan

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 27, 2009
    Prairieville, LA
    I wish the japanese would just break out the torpedos already and put a end to that show. From what Ive seen it would be legitimate self defense. If somebody rams into my ship they are trying to sink it as far as im concerned.

Jimmy Dean

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 5, 2008
    Well, think about it. The Japanese whalers are violating international whaling laws. The Sea Shepherd and it's crews are the ONLY people on this planet trying to do something about it. Personally, considering Pearl Harbor, I think it is great that they (Sea Shepherd) are irritating the sh-t out of the Japanese. More power to them.

considering that whaling has been part of Japanese culture for centuries, international law can go **** in the wind.

What if a few other countries make it international law that no civilians can own guns, do we just turn ours in because someone else wants us to? Hell No. We'll tell em to go sit on it and rotate.

Longshot

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 20, 2009
    Baton Rouge, LA
    considering that whaling has been part of Japanese culture for centuries, international law can go **** in the wind.

+1

If international law were to make hunting deer illegal, I doubt many of you would re-correct the course of your 4x4 if a tree hugging hippie were to step between you and your dinner.

CloudStrife

Why so serious?
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 5, 2010
    Baton Rouge, LA

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Fanblade1
    Top Bottom