Whale Wars

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • artabr

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 24, 2008
    New Iberia , Louisiana
    considering that whaling has been part of Japanese culture for centuries, international law can go **** in the wind.

What if a few other countries make it international law that no civilians can own guns, do we just turn ours in because someone else wants us to? Hell No. We'll tell em to go sit on it and rotate.

+2

Art

charlie12

Not a Fed.
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 21, 2008
    Pride
    Well, think about it. The Japanese whalers are violating international whaling laws. The Sea Shepherd and it's crews are the ONLY people on this planet trying to do something about it. Personally, considering Pearl Harbor, I think it is great that they (Sea Shepherd) are irritating the sh-t out of the Japanese. More power to them.

Don't they have permits for a certain number whales?

Cat

*Banned*
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 5, 2009
    NE of Alexandria, Cenla
    Well, think about it. The Japanese whalers are violating international whaling laws. The Sea Shepherd and it's crews are the ONLY people on this planet trying to do something about it. Personally, considering Pearl Harbor, I think it is great that they (Sea Shepherd) are irritating the sh-t out of the Japanese. More power to them.

I don't particularly care for Japanese whaling practices either, but these fishermen are in a culture that accepts whaling. Attacking workers who are out there for a paycheck won't solve the governmental decision to allow it to continue.

Second, again cultural so the Sea Shepard is terrorizing these boats, no matter how American's may feel about whaling. To them, it's totally different. I bet our country does alot others don't care for and we'd be pissed off if our boats were rammed.

Third, you do recognize the Japanese regime of the 30s and 40s no longer exists right? Just like we're not a country of slavers.

Disclaimer: I woud like to see Japan decide to no longer hunt certain species of whale. Doesn't mean I don't think they shouldn't whale at all. Not looking to debate this, since it's not the point of the OP.

Last edited:

Bayoupiper

New Curmudgeon
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 28, 2008
    Iowa, LA
    article_photo1.jpg_full_600.jpg

Vigilante Sniper

Guns are my crack!!
    Rating - 100%
    46   0   0
    Jan 28, 2009
    LaPlace
    I keep hoping the Japanese get fed up and run their asses over. Ater all it is international waters, and the S.S. in my opinion are the aggressors.

lsu fan

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 9, 2008
    Metry
    considering that whaling has been part of Japanese culture for centuries, international law can go **** in the wind.

What if a few other countries make it international law that no civilians can own guns, do we just turn ours in because someone else wants us to? Hell No. We'll tell em to go sit on it and rotate.

+1

If international law were to make hunting deer illegal, I doubt many of you would re-correct the course of your 4x4 if a tree hugging hippie were to step between you and your dinner.

I would imagine it's an international law because it's international waters...

But I'd have to do research to find out exactly what international laws are and if they are breaking them... i'd rather not.

CloudStrife

Why so serious?
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 5, 2010
    Baton Rouge, LA
    I would imagine it's an international law because it's international waters...

But I'd have to do research to find out exactly what international laws are and if they are breaking them... i'd rather not.

I thought international waters means no one owns them. How can a group of countries claim to make laws applicable to waters no one owns?

VeedUp

Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    54   0   0
    Oct 15, 2007
    Destrehan, La.
    wish there was a show about someone messing with them, I haven't watched a whole episode, but I really can't stand those bunch of pansies.

dantheman

I despise ARFCOM
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Jan 9, 2008
    City of Central
    I thought international waters means no one owns them. How can a group of countries claim to make laws applicable to waters no one owns?
    like most international laws , treaties , etc. , a group of countries get together and agree to abide by the treaty they create . Japan is skirting around this one by claiming they harvest whales for " research " . The treaty permits them to sell the rest of the whale carcass for profit .

jimdana1942

oldtimer
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Aug 11, 2008
    Sulphur, La.
    Oh, I forgot to bring up the "Bataan death march" in WW2 that they brutalized and kill so many American GI's. We had a survivor of that march that lived here in Lake Charles until he passed away. I can remember an interview the local TV station did with him years back and they asked him how he felt about buying Japanese made cars and other products and he emphatically stated "NEVER" did he or would he buy anything Japanese.

Folks, the Japanese were brutal people during the war. Their goal was to destroy America and they made a near successful go at it.

Remember the Alamo!!!! (never forget)

CloudStrife

Why so serious?
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 5, 2010
    Baton Rouge, LA
    Oh, I forgot to bring up the "Bataan death march" in WW2 that they brutalized and kill so many American GI's. We had a survivor of that march that lived here in Lake Charles until he passed away. I can remember an interview the local TV station did with him years back and they asked him how he felt about buying Japanese made cars and other products and he emphatically stated "NEVER" did he or would he buy anything Japanese.

Folks, the Japanese were brutal people during the war. Their goal was to destroy America and they made a near successful go at it.

Never for what was done and who did it. The Japan of today is not the Japan of the 1940s just like the US of today is not the US of 1800s and early 1900s with regards to racism.
    Also, they got two nukes for their brutality. I'd say that makes us about even.

herohog

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 28, 2009
    Shreveport, LA

My dad went to his grave hating the Japanese for Bataan and what they did to his friends. He would sooner die than buy Japanese...

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Fanblade1
    Top Bottom