What’s the most essential gear to have during a national emergency?

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Magdump

Don’t troll me bro!
    Rating - 100%
    165   0   0
    Dec 31, 2013
    Hammond, Louisiana
    I'd say that family doesnt turn on you...but there was that whole civil war thing, The Brothers War.
    Civilians against the government is what I think of when I hear the term. Others think left vs right. Some think racial divide. Let’s hope we never have to witness anything of the sort on US soil.

DBMJR1

Madame Mayor's Fiefdom
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jul 27, 2008
    New Orleans, La.
    In a time of crisis that's when your friends turn on you.

You need new friends.

Civilians against the government is what I think of when I hear the term. Others think left vs right. Some think racial divide. Let’s hope we never have to witness anything of the sort on US soil.

We already have. CHAZ

falshooter

Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    May 5, 2013
    Ponchatoula/Hammond
    At the risk of repeating myself.. ..Define a.... NATIONAL EMERGENCY..
    Like multiple nuclear strikes on the USA ..or maybe Yellowstone Erupting..or a solar flare the shuts down the entire electrical grid across the country...etc....

Every other event , hurricanes , tornado's, earthquakes, seems to be local or regional...
    Some people today seem to think shutting down TicTok constitutes a national emergency...or TRUMP getting re-elected
    :doh:

Prepare accordingly

Trailboss

Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 2, 2013
    Norwood LA
    Common sense and a calm head

Well thought out preparations for utility and food supply interruptions

Flexible plans in mind for possible scenarios

Situational awareness and some means of gathering/updating information

Jstudz220

Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Oct 14, 2020
    Harvey Louisiana
    22 Rifle with lots of ammo. Essential for food. Everything becomes food if it gets bad enough. Plus I am cajun and can make a crow taste good.
    Pigeon taste just like dove. Just slap a little cream cheese and jalapeño over the breast and wrap it in bacon. Most probably wouldn’t know the difference. I sure didn’t until after the fact.
    Nutria burgers is another good one that comes to mind. Never would have thought it was edible but I have a Cajun uncle who made it taste delicious.

I second having a good 22 on hand with lots of ammo on hand. Having a few surely wouldn’t hurt to help increase the odds amongst the family if needed.

Nolastorm

Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    May 11, 2020
    New Orleans
    I would also add mobility to that list. With the last few hurricanes that hit New Orleans area, I’ve gone without power on average 4-5 days. One hurricane it was two weeks. Yes food and water are first on any emergency list but the availability to pack up those supplies if needed to leave the area I’ve found to be critically important too. Is it recommended to leave for all emergency situations, no. But it’s good to have the option available if needed.

This is also why I train a lot with my bullpup X95, 12.5 AR pistol, and my PCC. it’s Something that can move easily in and out of suv/truck. I also review defensive driving with my family.

You’ll laugh but I also have a short range drone to help scout an area or check my area around me. Worked last storm but I might upgrade to drone with a thermal camera.

Top Bottom