What are the bright stickers for?

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • charlie12

Not a Fed.
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 21, 2008
    Pride
    Haha Whats the excuse for their windows being soo dark when EBR and everyone else has normal tint?

Don't know I'll probably get into trouble but here goes. LSPO did it got away with it and then it started spreading like a cancer one did it then another. Once they used the computer in the unit card but that don't fly because look at LSP, BRPD and EBRSO (I have seen a few EBRSO units getting a little dark)

It's all what you can get away with. Who's going to say anything? Just like no license plates on units.
    Look how long the band lasted. :D

XDguy

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 24, 2009
    Lacombe
    I run my fog lights, they are stock bulbs. They light up the road better and only illuminate closer to the truck than the headlights, I made sure they didnt blind anyone before I started running them all the time.

W1nds0rF0x

Snap, Crackle, Pop.
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Oct 8, 2007
    Baton Rouge
    I think this another one of the many stupid laws created by ignorant lawyers similar to that "no blue lights law" that was passed and quickly repealed. If someone needs to be stopped it should be for blinding on coming traffic with maladjusted lights which could apply to any lights on the front of a vehicle, not because of the number of lights that are on.

charlie12

Not a Fed.
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 21, 2008
    Pride
    I think this another one of the many stupid laws created by ignorant lawyers similar to that "no blue lights law" that was passed and quickly repealed. If someone needs to be stopped it should be for blinding on coming traffic with maladjusted lights which could apply to any lights on the front of a vehicle, not because of the number of lights that are on.

Looks to me like it still say's white light.

RS 32:303

§303. Headlamps on motor vehicles; motorcycles and motordriven cycles

A. Every motor vehicle other than a motorcycle or motordriven cycle shall be equipped with at least two headlamps with at least one on each side of the front of the motor vehicle, which headlamps shall comply with the requirements and limitations set forth in this Chapter.

B. Every motorcycle and every motor-driven cycle shall be equipped with at least one and not more than two headlamps which shall comply with the requirements and limitations of this Chapter.

C. Every headlamp upon every motor vehicle, including every motorcycle and motordriven cycle, shall be located at a height, measured from the center of the headlamp, of not more than 54 inches nor less than 24 inches to be measured as set forth in R.S. 32:302.

D.(1) Every headlamp described in this Section shall emit a white light only, including light emitted by white high intensity discharge forward lighting.

(2) No motor vehicle shall be equipped with headlamps that are off-road colored lights. The provisions of this Subparagraph shall not apply to white emitting lights.

Acts 1962, No. 310, §1. Amended by Acts 1974, No. 166, §1; Acts 1999, No. 646, §

XDguy

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 24, 2009
    Lacombe
    I am frequently blinded by people with misaligned headlights, I dont ever recall being blinded by someones fog lights.

W1nds0rF0x

Snap, Crackle, Pop.
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Oct 8, 2007
    Baton Rouge
    Looks to me like it still say's white light.

RS 32:303

D.(1) Every headlamp described in this Section shall emit a white light only, including light emitted by white high intensity discharge forward lighting.

That's the replacement, because the first time between how they worded the law and how light that is true white is seen by some COPs in the field they couldn't tell the difference between a blue tinted halogen bulb and an actual HID xenon bulb. I *still* think they are ignorant as well as the law, if it were done properly they should have defined a legal color temperature "more than 4000° K and less than 5000°K." The term "white" is simply unenforceable unless someone is running yellow fog lamps or 10,000° HIDs that are distinctly purple.

Nolacopusmc

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Oct 22, 2008
    New Orleans, LA
    That's the replacement, because the first time between how they worded the law and how light that is true white is seen by some COPs in the field they couldn't tell the difference between a blue tinted halogen bulb and an actual HID xenon bulb. I *still* think they are ignorant as well as the law, if it were done properly they should have defined a legal color temperature "more than 4000° K and less than 5000°K." The term "white" is simply unenforceable unless someone is running yellow fog lamps or 10,000° HIDs that are distinctly purple.

While I know they look nothing like police lightsd the reason for the use of "white" instead of a temp rating is to not allow anyone to have forward facing lights other than white as to not be confused for emergency services lights.

that is the same reason those ghey windshield washer colored lights are illegal. It doesn't matter what the temp of the light is. If when viewed by the human eye it is blue in color, then it is illegal.

I too am more concerned with the blinding brightness of improperly adjusted lights, especially HIDS, but I would probably write for any forward facing light that is illegally colored.

W1nds0rF0x

Snap, Crackle, Pop.
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Oct 8, 2007
    Baton Rouge
    While I know they look nothing like police lightsd the reason for the use of "white" instead of a temp rating is to not allow anyone to have forward facing lights other than white as to not be confused for emergency services lights.

that is the same reason those ghey windshield washer colored lights are illegal. It doesn't matter what the temp of the light is. If when viewed by the human eye it is blue in color, then it is illegal.

I too am more concerned with the blinding brightness of improperly adjusted lights, especially HIDS, but I would probably write for any forward facing light that is illegally colored.

And there in lies proof of the ignorance that surrounds those who both make the laws and enforce them, and as I mentioned why the "blue light law" was repealed or changed. No, "lights that look blue because they are white" are not what is illegal. If they are then I dare you to start writing summonses to every Lexus Cadillac and Audi you see, as their 4300°K HID lights do in fact look "blue" when sitting beside a car with conventional halogen lights. The only way to possibly have lights that would even moderately be confused with a police car would be bulbs far in excess of 6000°K. And that is exactly why they SHOULD have it listed as a color temperature because it does most certainly matter what the color temp is. That is exactly what determines that *color* of the bulb and the differing opinions from different people of what constitutes "blue" as opposed to white is the biggest problem. The only way to make sure people do not have COP blue colored lights without confusing everyone and without wrongfully accusing people who do have correctly colored lights is to quote a color temperature in the law. OEM stock HID xenon lamps are 4300° - 4500° but when used behind a projector lens can at time show blue, purple and even red due to the prism effect.

Nolacopusmc

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Oct 22, 2008
    New Orleans, LA
    And there in lies proof of the ignorance that surrounds those who both make the laws and enforce them, and as I mentioned why the "blue light law" was repealed or changed. No, "lights that look blue because they are white" are not what is illegal. If they are then I dare you to start writing summonses to every Lexus Cadillac and Audi you see, as their 4300°K HID lights do in fact look "blue" when sitting beside a car with conventional halogen lights. The only way to possibly have lights that would even moderately be confused with a police car would be bulbs far in excess of 6000°K. And that is exactly why they SHOULD have it listed as a color temperature because it does most certainly matter what the color temp is. That is exactly what determines that *color* of the bulb and the differing opinions from different people of what constitutes "blue" as opposed to white is the biggest problem. The only way to make sure people do not have COP blue colored lights without confusing everyone and without wrongfully accusing people who do have correctly colored lights is to quote a color temperature in the law. OEM stock HID xenon lamps are 4300° - 4500° but when used behind a projector lens can at time show blue, purple and even red due to the prism effect.

So the light looks blue...thanks.

Bayoupiper

New Curmudgeon
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 28, 2008
    Iowa, LA

Are you on some kind of "Pick on Nolacopusmc" tangent or something?

I've seen you toss out occasional insults at police officers, and this latest is a good example.
    You are correct that those who make the laws are often ignorant of their actually effect, but why blame the popo for enforcing a law?
    Or are you just blaming Nolacop?

If you did the research, you would find that there are not a lot of tickets written for this, and of those that are, it's a safe bet that there were other violations cited in addition to this.
    The old "add insult to injury" addage.

In that same research you would probably find that most cops don't care one way or the other about this particular law.
    At least not nearly as much as you seem to.
    If you are so passionate about this, call your representative or senator and get it changed.
    Or better yet, run yourself!

W1nds0rF0x

Snap, Crackle, Pop.
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Oct 8, 2007
    Baton Rouge
    So the light looks blue...thanks.

Maybe to you it does. If so, then like I said I recommend you start writing every vehicle you see on the road with HID headlights.

Are you on some kind of "Pick on Nolacopusmc" tangent or something?

I've seen you toss out occasional insults at police officers, and this latest is a good example.
    You are correct that those who make the laws are often ignorant of their actually effect, but why blame the popo for enforcing a law?
    Or are you just blaming Nolacop?

Pay more a little attention, because I can assure you that my "insults" as you see them are evenly distributed to anyone whether they are an LEO or not. I am not blaming any particular person, he just happens to be who answered and I blame any LEO who writes an improper ticket based on incorrect information. At this point I am assuming that you understand the current point is about HID headlights vs Halogen, not secondary driving or fog lamps. He distinctly said that color temp did not matter and that kind of lends it's self as being similar to saying it doesn't really matter how the 2nd amendment was written which is one of the things he claims to actively be trying to remedy.

If you did the research, you would find that there are not a lot of tickets written for this, and of those that are, it's a safe bet that there were other violations cited in addition to this.
    The old "add insult to injury" addage.

In that same research you would probably find that most cops don't care one way or the other about this particular law.
    At least not nearly as much as you seem to.
    If you are so passionate about this, call your representative or senator and get it changed. Or better yet, run yourself!

I am well aware of those points, although I do know someone on this very board who did get a ticket for it before it was changed. I'm also not overly caring about this law either, at least not any more than I am about other stupid laws that were improperly written it just happens to be a point that arose in the conversation.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom