What are the bright stickers for?

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • charlie12

Not a Fed.
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 21, 2008
    Pride
    What about the stickers for cars left on the side of the road? A few years back I called LPSO for 5 weeks about a car left on the side of the road. Every time they said they would handle it.
    After a few weeks they put a sticker on the back window but that was it.
    The last time I called them I asked the dispatcher how long they were going to let it sit there since they had already put the sticker on it and that the sticker had faded out to almost white.
    The dispatcher informed me that LPSO didn't put stickers on them, so I then read the LPSO unit number and the Deputy's name off the sticker. She didn't know what to say then.

I would like to know the story on that car. It was abandoned on the side of the road in the woods about 1/4 mile from where a guy lived that killed two people with a hammer in Ascension parish and was arrested in Hancock Co. Mississippi. The car had a Miss. plate that was from Hancock Co. Makes you wonder.

W1nds0rF0x

Snap, Crackle, Pop.
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Oct 8, 2007
    Baton Rouge
    If you have an old card and can call and verify, and are polite to the officer, there's a good chance he might reasonably believe you have insurance. You still get a ticket, but you might be able to drive away with your car.

Hell if it's BRPD all you have to do is say "uhhh, yeah I gots da General, I just lost mah card..." And you're off!

Sin-ster

GM of 4 Letter Outbursts
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    I notice these stickers most often on cars that have been left on the side of the road. Is that because an officer runs the plate and finds no insurance? I always thought it was an indication to other LEO that someone had already stopped and checked out the car.

sraiford

Pro Castle Law
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 1, 2009
    Baton Rouge and Mobile
    All I know is that on my drive to work this morning I'm eye balling every car to look for stickers. Kinda like a game. I also play the "there's another idiot driving in the rain with no lights" game. On a rainy morning I can usually score in the teens before I get to work. I live 2.4 miles from work.

Bayoupiper

New Curmudgeon
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 28, 2008
    Iowa, LA
    I get calls from LEO to verify insurance probably once a week. On a few occasions I've driven to a nearby roadblock and delivered cards. BTW, we have 24 hour phone coverage that can verify insurance...

I have a question about that computer system that I keep hearing about. What is it based on? We don't report every time a customer is late on a payment (well, not until the grace period expires which could be 30 days plus in some cases). How does it work?

It's the OMV system.

It will flag drivers who have no insurance.

LouisianaRebel

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 18, 2010
    yonder
    I won a sticker when I didn't have my current card and my damn current registration.
    His computer wouldn't work to prove I had it..

charlie12

Not a Fed.
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 21, 2008
    Pride
    All I know is that on my drive to work this morning I'm eye balling every car to look for stickers. Kinda like a game. I also play the "there's another idiot driving in the rain with no lights" game. On a rainy morning I can usually score in the teens before I get to work. I live 2.4 miles from work.

If you drive at night see how many are driving illegally using fog lights all the time you will get more points.

charlie12

Not a Fed.
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 21, 2008
    Pride
    Does that really bother you if they are not blinding, distractive or annoying?

But they are and it's illegal too. Problem is most don't know it's illegal to run them like that and the rest don't give a ****. Then you see people changing them out and putting what looks like landing lights.

charlie12

Not a Fed.
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 21, 2008
    Pride
    I have never seen someone driving with one of the stickers but I have seen a ton of them parked on the interstate.

I'm pretty sure that there are more than one color of sticker. One for insurance and another color for abandoned on the side of the road giving so many hours to get it moved or it will be towed.

sraiford

Pro Castle Law
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 1, 2009
    Baton Rouge and Mobile
    Then you see people changing them out and putting what looks like landing lights.

I have to agree with this one. I have seen some that have them on during the day, possibly daytime running lights maybe. If they don't blind me I don't care. BUT most do blind me, especially coming up behind me. And I hate the 4 million candle watt (exageration) LED headlights too.

Ok I'm done with the headlight rant. But back to regularly scheduled program. Didn't play find the sticker this morning, I'll try this afternoon.

W1nds0rF0x

Snap, Crackle, Pop.
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Oct 8, 2007
    Baton Rouge
    But they are and it's illegal too. Problem is most don't know it's illegal to run them like that and the rest don't give a ****. Then you see people changing them out and putting what looks like landing lights.

They are what? Mine are HIDs in the fogs and being properly adjusted they aren't blinding and don't shine any higher than your knee cap.

charlie12

Not a Fed.
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 21, 2008
    Pride
    They are what? Mine are HIDs in the fogs and being properly adjusted they aren't blinding and don't shine any higher than your knee cap.

Do you do this?

D. Whenever the driver of a vehicle approaches an oncoming vehicle within five hundred feet or follows another vehicle two hundred feet to the rear, such driver shall not use any fog lamps or other auxiliary driving or passing lamps, except during periods of inclement weather or fog.

LouisianaRebel

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 18, 2010
    yonder
    Do you do this?

D. Whenever the driver of a vehicle approaches an oncoming vehicle within five hundred feet or follows another vehicle two hundred feet to the rear, such driver shall not use any fog lamps or other auxiliary driving or passing lamps, except during periods of inclement weather or fog.
    Get over it. They need to enforce the "turn your damn headlights on in the dark" laws first...

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    joquinn1234567
    Top Bottom