What are your religious beliefs?

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • What are you?

• Roman Catholic

Votes: 46 41.1%
    • Eastern Orthodoxy

Votes: 1 0.9%
    • Baptist

Votes: 25 22.3%
    • Reformed Baptist

Votes: 0 0.0%
    • Presbyterian

Votes: 2 1.8%
    • Pentecostal/AoG

Votes: 9 8.0%
    • Non-Denom

Votes: 22 19.6%
    • Methodist

Votes: 3 2.7%
    • SDA

Votes: 1 0.9%
    • Lutheran

Votes: 3 2.7%

• Total voters
    • Poll closed .

Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region
    I've got plenty of non-creationist friends who would say that the veil is much thicker than what is led to believe and also aren't scared to admit where Science ends and faith begins in the Darwainian Evolutionary chain especially when dealing with the no eye witness past. They just don't call it faith per say.

Understandable. We have a long way to go in the grand scheme of things, but the last 10 years of discovery and advancements in technology alone lead me to believe (barring an unfortunate and untimely demise), that I may actually be around to see some of this stuff get solved.:x:

Hitman

® ™
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Sep 4, 2008
    Lake Charles
    Understandable. We have a long way to go in the grand scheme of things, but the last 10 years of discovery and advancements in technology alone lead me to believe (barring an unfortunate and untimely demise), that I may actually be around to see some of this stuff get solved.:x:

Doubtful. It's not about the evidence. Many people are converted to creation by looking into the Science. I've heard that testimony before. In fact in the last 10 years as you've mentioned some Scientist who have been Scientist for 30+ years are separating themselves from Darwinian Evolution. Why? How is it possible that two people can attend the same schools, graduate from the same colleges and achieve Ph.D's in the same field of Science yet both think completely different when it comes to the Origin of Man and the Order of Nature? That's rhetorical, but I am interested in your answer should you choose to answer it.

Last edited:

Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region
    Doubtful. It's not about the evidence. Many people are converted to creation by looking into the Science. I've heard that testimony before. In fact in the last 10 years as you've mentioned some Scientist who have been Scientist for 30+ years are separating themselves from Darwinian Evolution. Why? How is it possible that two people can attend the same schools, graduate from the same colleges and achieve Ph.D's in the same field of Science yet both think completely different when it comes to the Origin of Man and the Order of Nature.
    \

I am actually basing my statements on (with the discovery of hundreds of Galaxies like the Milky Way), the probability there are exact or near perfect planets like earth in the universe. I don't remember (at least me that is), any theological references to the possibility there were other earths. And if they do exist, what if there is no religious belief on any of those?

Those questions are going to be hard to explain.

Hitman

® ™
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Sep 4, 2008
    Lake Charles
    \
    Those questions are going to be hard to explain.

:mamoru: Correct! We can't even agree on what we can see now, let alone that which may or may not even exist. lol

Man we've got to meet up one day :cool:

Well that'll about wrap it up for me gents. I've got busy weekend ahead and won't have much time to slang post at eachother here on the site.

Stay Frosty!

Last edited:

returningliberty

Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Nov 8, 2009
    Hammond, LA
    i find it quite funny that public school teaches children that we came from monkeys, then we get mad when they act like animals....

Lol, it's pretty clear we evolved from monkeys. Almost irrefutably clear. Somewhere, in the distant past of many speciation events, we homo sapiens sapiens evolved from some other hominid. The timescale is vast enough that we as modern humans have not witnessed a speciation event personally, but we do find the evidence. We can't see the supermassive black hole at the center of our galaxy, but we know it's there. This is no different. We know the universe is 13.7 or so billion years old, the earth is a bit over 4.5b, and that life originated not too long after. Of course we didn't witness these things, but we see the Evidence. None of this necessarily refutes faith or even christian doctrine, no matter how some people would spin it.

You want to believe in a Creation myth? That's great, so do I, allegorically speaking. But it doesn't Have to be taken literally. Do you really think Moses's followers would have understood, "Well, we came from these animals that you've never seen nor heard of, in fact no one has, a couple million years ago, and through a process that Looks like random (IMO Guided by God) variation of these tiny little pieces of information coded inside your body, over billions of years, we started as creatures so small you can't even see them, and ended up with you."
    He would either been laughed out of town or burned at the stake.

Russo

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jun 9, 2008
    Raceland,LA
    I would imagine after seeing ten plagues in ten months, the Red Sea parting, fresh manna fall from the sky every morning, and other impossible-to-understand events taking place first hand, figuring out that we were created from the dust of the ground (Genesis 2:7) wouldn't be that far fetched... i would, however, agree that if someone said living beings evolved from a non living source, they would be stoned to death..

Jed

Bloody Foreigner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2009
    Clearwater Beach, FL
    Did you bring your pom pom's? :ghey:

You've obviously missed a few pages of reading. Thanks for trolling though.

I can see still nothing's being accomplished here. Like all the other threads. I too wonder why we even bother trying to discuss something like this over the internet. That's why there's no need to post Jed. It's pointless and accomplished nothing. No one walks away thinking differently than when it started. Everyone just continues to reiterate their own opinions and then wonders why the other doesn't get it.

So Cheer On! silly......

What's sad on my part is I told myself ..do not click on the thread...don't do it, just let it go.... :rofl: Clicked it anyway :p

Maybe this time I'll just let the idiocy run.

Oh wow, that's mature.
    What's wrong, did I touch a nerve?
    As usual, when it comes to a religious topic you assume the high ground and throw knockout punches that fail to connect.
    Try and understand the points he makes and the questions he puts to you, then if you can, answer.
    As for " No one walks away thinking differently than when it started. Everyone just continues to reiterate their own opinions and then wonders why the other doesn't get it"..... that would be you.

Yrdawg

*Banned*
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 24, 2006
    Big Woods
    Lol, it's pretty clear we evolved from monkeys. Almost irrefutably clear. Somewhere, in the distant past of many speciation events, we homo sapiens sapiens evolved from some other hominid. The timescale is vast enough that we as modern humans have not witnessed a speciation event personally, but we do find the evidence. We can't see the supermassive black hole at the center of our galaxy, but we know it's there. This is no different. We know the universe is 13.7 or so billion years old, the earth is a bit over 4.5b, and that life originated not too long after. Of course we didn't witness these things, but we see the Evidence. None of this necessarily refutes faith or even christian doctrine, no matter how some people would spin it.

You want to believe in a Creation myth? That's great, so do I, allegorically speaking. But it doesn't Have to be taken literally. Do you really think Moses's followers would have understood, "Well, we came from these animals that you've never seen nor heard of, in fact no one has, a couple million years ago, and through a process that Looks like random (IMO Guided by God) variation of these tiny little pieces of information coded inside your body, over billions of years, we started as creatures so small you can't even see them, and ended up with you."
    He would either been laughed out of town or burned at the stake.

You had a lot of credibility with me up till this

Your heart is in the right place...I'm expecting you to get better

Hitman

® ™
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Sep 4, 2008
    Lake Charles
    Oh wow, that's mature.
    What's wrong, did I touch a nerve?
    As usual, when it comes to a religious topic you assume the high ground and throw knockout punches that fail to connect.
    Try and understand the points he makes and the questions he puts to you, then if you can, answer.
    As for " No one walks away thinking differently than when it started. Everyone just continues to reiterate their own opinions and then wonders why the other doesn't get it"..... that would be you.

Wow your all over it pal :doh:

Leonidas

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Mar 4, 2010
    Slidell
    No cigar, Leonidas... try again.

Well, while I'm trying to light one, how 'bout dealing with the Piltdown Man Conundrum. Your silence on that question has been deafening.

Remarkably predictable that you would pick only one which you figured you could knock out of the park and ignored the more problematic ones. My fault for forgetting that I was dealing with typical liberal tactics. Should have dealt you one at a time, to make it the more obvious when you were unable to refute. Here is your second chance.

Piltdown Man

Last edited:

goodburbon

Whalmitfahrer
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Oct 9, 2008
    Around
    What's the conundrum? someone faked a relic? That's never happened in Christianity? What about the shroud of Turin conundrum?

Hitman

® ™
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Sep 4, 2008
    Lake Charles
    What's the conundrum? someone faked a relic? That's never happened in Christianity? What about the shroud of Turin conundrum?
    Well I'd say IMO the conundrum is that there was NO rejection of Piltdown man, from "Mainstream" Science. It was touted as one of those 'missing links'. It was published FACT.

The Shroud was not, and I never knew anyone who thought it was real or even gave a crap. So what, you've got some cloth with a stain on it........ plus that was those crazy wacko faith people right? They weren't Scientist from the greatest of Universities.

Leonidas

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Mar 4, 2010
    Slidell
    I have, on occasion, wondered about the genesis of the acronym, SWAG. I am happy to say that I have indeed discovered its origin. It is clearly part of the ritual of the family of religions identified as Anthropology, Paleontology and Evolutionary Science. Primitive faiths, to be sure. They rely, to much higher degree, on blind acceptance of unprovable conjecture than most self-respecting religions. The latter of which often have, at least, purported eyewitness accounts of some of the tenets of their faith encompassed in their particular scripture. None of which are extant in the science family of religion.

I submit however that Scientific Wild Ass Guess is a misnomer. Rather the term should instead be WAGMBCMAS (Wild Ass Guesses Made By Charlatans Masquerading As Scientists). If you doubt me, google some of this and discover for yourself just how much of their world view is complete conjecture that they vote on under the guise of "peer review." The number is damned near 100%

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Sollidus_
    Top Bottom