What are your religious beliefs?

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • What are you?

• Roman Catholic

Votes: 46 41.1%
    • Eastern Orthodoxy

Votes: 1 0.9%
    • Baptist

Votes: 25 22.3%
    • Reformed Baptist

Votes: 0 0.0%
    • Presbyterian

Votes: 2 1.8%
    • Pentecostal/AoG

Votes: 9 8.0%
    • Non-Denom

Votes: 22 19.6%
    • Methodist

Votes: 3 2.7%
    • SDA

Votes: 1 0.9%
    • Lutheran

Votes: 3 2.7%

• Total voters
    • Poll closed .

JWG223

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Aug 16, 2011
    Shreveport
    Wait you didn't see the post above? You're being welcomed into the Jed Family for disarming Leo and I. We shouldn't be talking so politely.... :doh:

BTW What denomination is your Christian Elder?

I try to separate disagreement from dislike.
    My former pastor issue sda, but is currently functioning as a chaplain at a catholic hospital. I'm not sure the details, but he was always open to my questions and has always provided answers with scriptural backing. Not yet, in this case.

Hitman

® ™
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Sep 4, 2008
    Lake Charles
    I try to separate disagreement from dislike.
    My former pastor issue sda, but is currently functioning as a chaplain at a catholic hospital. I'm not sure the details, but he was always open to my questions and has always provided answers with scriptural backing. Not yet, in this case.

rgr

TomTerrific

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 11, 2010
    Centre, Ky
    I can see still nothing's being accomplished here. Like all the other threads. I too wonder why we even bother trying to discuss something like this over the internet. That's why there's no need to post Jed. It's pointless and accomplished nothing. No one walks away thinking differently than when it started. Everyone just continues to reiterate their own opinions and then wonders why the other doesn't get it.

That is the nature of the internet.

In discussions like this one, it boils down to what one regards as authoritative.

Takuan

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 10, 2009
    NOLA
    I can see still nothing's being accomplished here. Like all the other threads. I too wonder why we even bother trying to discuss something like this over the internet. That's why there's no need to post Jed. It's pointless and accomplished nothing. No one walks away thinking differently than when it started. Everyone just continues to reiterate their own opinions and then wonders why the other doesn't get it.

Oh, I don't know. I got some productive popcorn market research out of it. That, and I learned that scientists think dinosaurs evolved from birds!

buttanic

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 2, 2010
    LaPlace, LA
    Oh, I don't know. I got some productive popcorn market research out of it. That, and I learned that scientists think dinosaurs evolved from birds!

I think you got the dinosaur/bird thing backwards. But it does seem that now days humans are evolving into monkeys, the proof is on utube.

Hitman

® ™
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Sep 4, 2008
    Lake Charles
    I think you got the dinosaur/bird thing backwards.

Nope. It's what's being taught to public school kids as an irrefutable fact of nature. :rolleyes: At least for the past few decades it has been, now(like many times before) it seems once again Secular Science is divided on which came first, Birds or Dino's. All of a sudden it's now not irrefutable absolute 100% Scientific Fact backed and peer reviewed by Evolutionary Scientist National Science Academy. But who cares, their just kids ;) Then again I guess that's why they call it the Theory of Evolution?(har har lol), because it's always evolving to mean whatever they want it to it seems. This is also why some don't consider it REAL Science because it's not possible to use Real Operational Science on something that happened so many years ago. There is simply no way to use Scientific Methodology on an event that supposedly happened 13,000,000,000 Years Ago! So they use their presuppositional assumptions to make the best guess, yet it's taught as undeniable fact in school and colleges around the world and THEN they change their mind...again...or have to punish one of their own b/c it was a hoax, lol or find out it was a Hog Tooth not a Caveman Lol Crazy I think.

Last edited:

Takuan

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 10, 2009
    NOLA
    Last edited:

Hitman

® ™
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Sep 4, 2008
    Lake Charles
    Takuan stated he learned dinosaurs evolved from birds. I said he got it backwards, scientist say birds evolved from dinosaurs. I don't know or care if they did or not.

and I was saying not all Scientist agree on the order.

From a journal published in the Proceedings, of the National Academy of Sciences, I give you 'microraptor' :D

Takuan

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 10, 2009
    NOLA
    Actually, I'd defy anyone... Hitman, Leonidas... anyone... to find even one example of any mainstream scientist anywhere claiming that "dinosaurs evolved from birds." Please cite any scientific text/paper/study that explicitly makes this claim... I'll wait.

Leonidas

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Mar 4, 2010
    Slidell
    Doesn't really matter if I got the bird to dino or dino to bird sequence wrong. I was willfully negligent on that point, since the whole idea is such ********, I did not deem it worthy of any particular care in processing. I'm kinda like a lot of scientists, that way.

http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2010/02/100209183335.htm

Was 18 minutes too long to wait? I only just walked in the door for lunch.

Last edited:

Hitman

® ™
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Sep 4, 2008
    Lake Charles
    Doesn't really matter if I got the bird to dino or dino to bird sequence wrong. I was willfully negligent on that point, since the whole idea is such ********, I did not deem it worthy of any particular care in processing. I'm kinda like a lot of scientists, that way.

http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2010/02/100209183335.htm

You're jumping the gun.

First we must decide who/what is 'mainstream' according to Takuan's opinion, definition or belief of what 'Mainstream' means.

For all we know he may not consider
    Science Daily, Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences, John Ruben or Oregon State University to be Mainstream.

Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region
    Gentlemen, May I remind you all that since the launch of Hubble and the many other deep space probes that we went from knowing there were only 9 planets (at least when I was in school), to not only pictures of billions of planets and stars, but hundreds of other galaxies (that we can see).

I would surmise, that as time marches on, we will start to come to understand a lot more about how we got here and whether the chicken or the egg came first.

Just my opinion, but I see a day when the religious questions will be relegated to what those with faith choose to believe in the face of scientific facts. That veil is already pretty thin to some. Now I'm not looking for a "gotcha" moment when (and of course if), the answers are irrefutable, but I anxiously await the day. I don't lose either way in the discovery.

Russo

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jun 9, 2008
    Raceland,LA
    i find it quite funny that public school teaches children that we came from monkeys, then we get mad when they act like animals....

Takuan

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 10, 2009
    NOLA
    Erm... scientists (or science educators) do not say "we came from monkeys," any more than "dinosaurs came from birds."

Hitman

® ™
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Sep 4, 2008
    Lake Charles
    That veil is already pretty thin to some.

I've got plenty of non-creationist friends who would say that the veil is much thicker than what is led to believe and also aren't scared to admit where Science ends and faith begins in the Darwainian Evolutionary chain especially when dealing with the no eye witness past. They just don't call it faith per say.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Sollidus_
    Top Bottom