What are your religious beliefs?

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • What are you?

• Roman Catholic

Votes: 46 41.1%
    • Eastern Orthodoxy

Votes: 1 0.9%
    • Baptist

Votes: 25 22.3%
    • Reformed Baptist

Votes: 0 0.0%
    • Presbyterian

Votes: 2 1.8%
    • Pentecostal/AoG

Votes: 9 8.0%
    • Non-Denom

Votes: 22 19.6%
    • Methodist

Votes: 3 2.7%
    • SDA

Votes: 1 0.9%
    • Lutheran

Votes: 3 2.7%

• Total voters
    • Poll closed .

Hitman

® ™
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Sep 4, 2008
    Lake Charles
    But seriously, Hitman, I feel a lot more respect for you, than often comes out in these discussions. I know I come across as rude and arrogant in them, and I apologize for that to you. You weren't the ones that treated me so poorly in the past in regards to religion, and unfortunately I last the memory of past interactions/altercations get ahold of me too much, too often.

Apology accepted, except mine too if you took offense as well please.

You know the issue is text/internet. Sitting down talking at a table would be much different and we'd both accomplish twice as much.

So are you a Jew?

Last edited:

JWG223

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Aug 16, 2011
    Shreveport
    Apology accepted, except mine too if you took offense as well please.

You know the issue is text/internet. Sitting down talking at a table would be much different and we'd both accomplish twice as much.

I would like to further state that any "argument" we have had that I can think of was not personal, on my part. Have no problem sitting down at a table with any of you guys. Well, except that I have the ability to sit still of a ferret on crack.

Cat

*Banned*
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 5, 2009
    NE of Alexandria, Cenla
    For most people...never. Thousands of religions/branches in this world, and they are ALL the "right one" if you ask them. My brain had a serious issue with that.

However, if you strip out the stories, additions, modifications, etc...you end up with core values that are all basically the same. Simply put..."Hey, don't be an ******* and good things will happen". I think we can all agree on that, regardless of beliefs.

My original comment in this thread was partially sarcastic because I knew the way this thread was going to go, but there was a grain of truth to it. I am very, very eclectic in my beliefs. The only reason I grew up in a Christian home, was because my ancestors were Christians. Not because my parents were. They grew up in a Christian home because their parents did. It goes back further than just my parents. What gives me the right to march across the ocean and walk into a Hindu's home and tell them their great-great grandmother went to hell because of social and cultural dynamics? I don't believe Christianity was a belief that was intended for every single person that walks this earth. I never will and because I don't accept that basic stripped down foundation of faith, I don't and won't call myself Christian. It's hypocritical even though I do believe in many, many Christian elements. I don't believe in That One. It's kind of a deal breaker as I understand it.

But you know what, I think God is okay with my beliefs. It's not because I think one group is wrong, it's because I believe like Speedracer said, once you strip them down, we all have the same intentions. And whatever God exists put me here, just like he put that 35 year old Hindu mother of two across the world, or the Buddhist father, or the group of kids about to wake up in a bizarre remote African village...

Leonidas

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Mar 4, 2010
    Slidell
    That's where I stand. To me the entire point of religion is to teach us how to be good to our fellow man. So I try my best to do that. I feel like if I'm a decent person, I'll get to Heaven if there is one. If not, I'll just be remembered as a decent person. It's all good.

One major problem, here. What is the accepted standard of decent or good. What if your definition is almost, but not quite good enough. D@mn, a bunch of wasted effort.

Leonidas

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Mar 4, 2010
    Slidell
    Listen, i can show you how each passage from the Tanakh that is listed as support of Jesus is mis-translated, or taken completely of of context, but it obviously will never mean anything to you. I have shown you scripture where it says that the word of God cannot be added to or taken from, and yet you will ignore the Tanakh for your New Testament. You will say that Jesus made it invalid, even though that is a direct contradiction to scripture.

Your argument has done nothing but confirm what i feel. I have read your website (to a degree) and see that it is smoke and mirrors. Have you picked up a Tanakh and read for yourself? Why trust a Bible that has been through untold revisions when you can read the word of God just as it was handed down on Sinai?

Obviously, you guys were correct to crucify Him. Personally, I am grateful that you did.

JWG223

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Aug 16, 2011
    Shreveport
    Again, you have entirely missed the point. But, don't let that stop you, now.

Well you do understand why Jesus was crucified I am sure.

It was because he held and spoke of views that were not popular with the ruling class at the time. So they did away with him by bribing people to have him killed instead of a convicted murderer. It has nothing to do with Jew, Christian, Gentile. It was a purely political thing.

Leonidas

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Mar 4, 2010
    Slidell
    My comment was offered directly to him. You were so busy reacting to the first sentence in my post; did you even notice the second one. You know, the one containing the point.

JWG223

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Aug 16, 2011
    Shreveport
    My comment was offered directly to him. You were so busy reacting to the first sentence in my post; did you even notice the second one. You know, the one containing the point.

Yes, I did read that one. I only CHOSE to respond to the first. Maybe it was wrong to pick and choose without hi-lighting it.

Leonidas

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Mar 4, 2010
    Slidell
    There are many times in life a wise man will discover that which is said without being put in words. It often requires knowing when to remain quiet. Anyway who is the atheist to whom you refer.

JWG223

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Aug 16, 2011
    Shreveport
    There are many times in life a wise man will discover that which is said without being put in words. It often requires knowing when to remain quiet. Anyway who is the atheist to whom you refer.

That would be me, although since I try not to have a closed mind about things, maybe I should refer to myself as agnostic?

Leonidas

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Mar 4, 2010
    Slidell
    So, you are an atheist, with no end of comments concerning the life, nature and teachings of Jesus. I see why you are so often off track.

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Sollidus_
    Top Bottom