What is the limit on ammo?

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Fred_G

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 5, 2013
    West Monroe
    But, a loaded bullet is not a primmer. Suspect that is for components, and not sure why they even have laws on that.

Can we get a law to reduce the BS bestowed on us from the gubment?:eek3:

Dave328

Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Jul 11, 2007
    Gretna
    But, a loaded bullet is not a primmer. Suspect that is for components, and not sure why they even have laws on that.

Can we get a law to reduce the BS bestowed on us from the gubment?:eek3:

Probably because your local FD would probably not enjoy rushing into your burning house/garage if they knew it was stuffed with 50k of primers and 100# of titegroup etc sitting on your reloading bench!

jguilletjr

Saw Bones
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 27, 2011
    Lafayette, La
    Well, my friend who is a cop came to my house for thanksgiving dinner, and being that we're both into firearms, I showed him my gun collection. While showing him, he noticed how much ammo I had and jokingly said I should be the local academy/walmart for ammo. He told me there was a limit to how much ammo a person could have in his home. I looked around but couldnt really find an exact answer on how much ammo you are allowed to own in your home by law. So, what is the limit?

I believe there is a limit on how much Black Powder you can have on hand, I'm not sure on smokeless powder. I have never heard of a limit on ammo.

jguilletjr

Saw Bones
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 27, 2011
    Lafayette, La
    Probably because your local FD would probably not enjoy rushing into your burning house/garage if they knew it was stuffed with 50k of primers and 100# of titegroup etc sitting on your reloading bench!

Actually there is an NFPA video about 10 minutes or so long on ammo. And unless its loaded in a weapon, or stored in a container other than the original packaging it is not all that dangerous. They determined that a firefighter in normal bunker gear would be adequately protected.

Fred_G

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 5, 2013
    West Monroe
    Actually there is an NFPA video about 10 minutes or so long on ammo. And unless its loaded in a weapon, or stored in a container other than the original packaging it is not all that dangerous. They determined that a firefighter in normal bunker gear would be adequately protected.

Well over 100K rounds of ammo burned... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3SlOXowwC4c

edman87k5

Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Oct 22, 2007
    Ventress, LA
    As of earlier this year you cannot legally mix more than 5 pounds (or is it 3?) of binary exploding targets (tannerite, etc) at a time in louisiana.

nolaradio

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 8, 2012
    Parts unknown
    Stop showing off your stockpile... then there will be no issue.
    There's a reason why I try not to discuss exactly what I have (guns and ammunition) online or post pictures. I don't need to impress my Facebook friends with pictures of myself posing with firearms.

Top Bottom