What is your firearm personality?

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • DWT

Rating - 100%
    39   0   0
    Jun 9, 2008
    New Orleans
    High-grade double shotguns, both SxS and O/Us. There's nothing like highly-figured walnut mated perfectly to blued steel.

Gunsmoke609

Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Sep 10, 2012
    Lafayette, La.
    Currently the sword I carry is, modern and updated, SIG 229R 40 cal primary, H&K P2000SK 40 cal backup, H&K MP-5 9mm Sub-gun, Colt M-4 5.56 burst fire Rifle, Rem 870 12 ga the replacement to the Winchester 94 lever gun and the colt peacemaker of my predecessors.

Blue steel and wood would be my first choice!!

In the beginning of my career I carried a Colt Python true American work of art.

Daddyleroy

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 2, 2012
    Ascension Parish
    my .410 Iver Johnson single shot. It was my grandmothers. My dad and most of his brothers and sisters learned how to shoot with it. My little brother and I learned to shoot with it. My grandmother even peppered a guy that was stealing her chickens with it. Thats the one.

jguilletjr

Saw Bones
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 27, 2011
    Lafayette, La
    I have a Hawkin replica black powder gun. A lever action rifle, a bolt action rifle, A single action revolver a few DA revolvers in various calibers. Semi auto pistols in several calibers, Double barrel (Side by side) shotgun. and old Remington 870 wingmaster (my favorite go to for any thing gun)and an auto loader. So I guess I cover just about all the bases. I love them all, and shoot them all as much as I can.

mprice

Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 16, 2009
    Breaux Bridge, LA
    I'm going to take a stab at this. It seems that personality would be that / those firearms that I've had the longest (the ones that will be the last to go).

1st firearm ever purchased (new in '68): Ithaca 12 ga model 37 featherweight

2nd Smith and Wesson model 28 357 (I've had a couple of these over the years)

3rd Winchester '94 (1952 production)

I certainly have newer, more expensive (more valuable), more tactical, prettier firearms but, for some reason these have something very personal - they feel like old friends - and yes, I do still shoot them.

Marc Price

Sin-ster

GM of 4 Letter Outbursts
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Firearms are hard-use tools.

I'm into whatever is best for the task I have in mind. And I want the best tool for said task, at whatever cost. I'll get my money's worth, 100 times over in the cost of ammo.

I don't own a .22 (of any type), a thousand variations of my favorite brand (as I don't have one), or even a gun in which I can shoot every Division in USPSA.

I do however keep backups (identical, or as close to it as possible/feasible) for the things that get the most use or are the most important-- AR, carry pistol, game guns.

Most importantly, I'm mildly aggravated when someone calls me a "gun guy"; I'm a shooter, and care as little about the tools of said trade as a carpenter does his framing hammer. Sure, he wants a good one that'll stand up to abuse and make his life as easy as possible-- but he doesn't tuck the thing in at night or baby it on the job site.

kcinnick

Training Ferrous Metal
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Dec 24, 2008
    Baton Rouge
    I have a soft spot for Early sub guns, but other than that I don't hate, I love them all. I wish I could afford early sub guns. I would have stens, Sterlings, SW76's, whatever I could get my hands on.

Top Bottom