What watch your running ???

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rahllin

Geaux Tigers!
    Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    78   0   0
    Feb 8, 2008
    Baton Rouge, LA
    I rotate between several. Casio G-Shock, a few Citizen Eco-Drives, Seiko Black Monster, and the one I mostly wear, Tag Heuer Aquaracer.

I am not a fan of anything that needs a battery, so other than my G-Shock everything I will ever own will be an automatic or hybrid/auto, like the Eco-Drives. Citizens hold great time, that is for sure, much better in my experience than my actual automatics I have or had, but there is something about all those little gears and springs and things that I enjoy, so I prefer mechanical autos. I always wanted a Tag Heuer watch, and when I had the means to buy one I was already into automatics which led to me skipping over the Formula Ones and their quartz line. I bought an Aquaracer and never once regretted it.

USEY

Louisiana Trash
    Rating - 84.6%
    11   2   0
    Apr 23, 2013
    Hammond Louisiana
    I'm thinking I want something not so classy but more outdoors like...I dunno really what it is I'm looking for because I'm not really into high watches...a friend of mine recommended a sunto??? I think it is but I know nothing about it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

AustinBR

Make your own luck
    Staff member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 22, 2012
    Luminox is certainly popular for outdoors stuff. I currently west a victorinox swiss army watch that is pretty dressy. For whenever I plan on being out in the wilderness for an extended period of time, I wear my gshock watch that is a digital $60 watch. I'd be OK breaking it.

--Sent From My Galaxy S4

tallwalker

Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Jul 24, 2012
    Covington, LA
    I went through watches literally like they were water for a long time diving and doing submersible work. Used to buy them by the half dozen to travel with because they blew up so much. Finally bought a Rolex Submariner which cured all that and it went through utter hell for a number of years. Now that I am too old to do crazy stuff, I am too afraid to wear it for fear of loosing it. Go figure. I have been wearing a Casio Pro Trek lately and really enjoying it (http://www.casio-usa.com/products/Watches/PRO_TREK/PRG550B-5/). Not very expensive and really useful. For me, analog (or at least pseudo-analog) is the only way to go.

Last edited:

AustinBR

Make your own luck
    Staff member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 22, 2012
    I second the Rolex submariner. Great watch. I find that my current swiss army watch looks just as sharp and keeps just as good time.

--Sent From My Galaxy S4

noob

enthusiast
    Silver Member
    Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    New Orleans
    Victorinox by Swiss army makes some nice durable watches.... They felt better to me than the luminox that I was looking at. But my dress watch is a breitling

USEY

Louisiana Trash
    Rating - 84.6%
    11   2   0
    Apr 23, 2013
    Hammond Louisiana
    I'm more into something black with a rubber band...I've been doing a lot of research on the suunto core if it does what all it says it appears to be a good deal at under 300 bucks but I do not like that it's not made in America

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

InterstateGuns

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 25, 2012
    Hammond
    I rock a couple of luminox and have a suunto core. I recommend the zulu watch bands if you get a luminox. I really want a meister aviator. I haven't gotten into the super high end watches yet, but i really like the Sinn stuff, however I can't talk myself into buying a watch over $400. I've got some of the casio watches in at the shop if you want to come by and take a look. I'll make you a great deal on one if you like them.

Last edited:

NOLASHOOTER

Rating - 100%
    55   0   0
    Jul 9, 2010
    New Orleans
    I run two. For the more casual times and when I may be banging my wrist on things I have a Suunto Vector. When I know I won't be dealing with any rough stuff I go with a Seiko Black Monster. A good all around watch with a nice band and great movement is the Seiko Monster. You can get either the black or the orange and it will last you a long time. Another one would be a Luminox.

xobelkcat

tacklebox
    Rating - 100%
    69   0   0
    Jul 6, 2007
    Slidell, Louisiana
    I personally don't think you can beat a Gshock for the money! You can get a real nice one for under $200.
    And if your worried about durability, google search "Gshock torture test"

Booseman

In Vino Veritas
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Lake Charles
    I have typically wear a TAG Heuer CARRERA but I also have the Luminox Evo Navy Seal Blackout Mens Watch.

Love my Tag and it is a great watch. Has served me for about 7yrs and has been worn on many continents and as 3 times as many countries.

The Luminox was a great watch. Love the actual watch but can't stand the band!!! It is, how you say, GARBAGE!!! The first thing that broke was the rubber band keeper, one of two. Then I had the watch packed in my bag for offshore and low and behold the band had torn apart in three different places. I mean completely torn apart, unwearable. I wouldn't mind getting a replacement band but they cost almost as much as a new watch, at least 50%.

Like I said, the watch itself is great. The band leaves many things to be desired!!!

Top Bottom