What would you do if you cought some one breaking in your vehicle?

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Bubba777

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 12, 2012
    Lafayette, LA
    I few weeks ago both my vehicles were broken in to the perps stole 2 pistols Had 1000 rounds of 9mm and 40 cal that they didn't take wichs is weird. Best thing I got out of it is they dropped there cell phone. Which we found out its a 16 yo boy that goes to a local high school .

What would you do if you cought them in the act ? I know what I would do.

Jack

Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Dec 9, 2010
    Covington
    I few weeks ago both my vehicles were broken in to the perps stole 2 pistols Had 1000 rounds of 9mm and 40 cal that they didn't take wichs is weird. Best thing I got out of it is they dropped there cell phone. Which we found out its a 16 yo boy that goes to a local high school .

What would you do if you cought them in the act ? I know what I would do.

What would you do?

Bubba777

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 12, 2012
    Lafayette, LA
    Probly knowing that I have weapons in my vehicle hold them at gun point. Till the police got there . Oh and also break both there hands and tell them a little something in there ear.

I leave early for work 230 am I worry every day that my guns could be pointed at me or my family .

Jack

Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Dec 9, 2010
    Covington
    Probly knowing that I have weapons in my vehicle hold them at gun point. Till the police got there . Oh and also break both there hands and tell them a little something in there ear.

I leave early for work 230 am I worry every day that my guns could be pointed at me or my family .

You think you gave up a lot of advantage by leaving the guns in the car? Meaning, you walk out, they could already in the car with 2 guns. This give you any second thoughts about not taking your stuff inside?

Bubba777

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 12, 2012
    Lafayette, LA
    You think you gave up a lot of advantage by leaving the guns in the car? Meaning, you walk out, they could already in the car with 2 guns. This give you any second thoughts about not taking your stuff inside?

Weather it's in my vehicle or in my house they were stole.

Jack

Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Dec 9, 2010
    Covington
    I'm not saying they weren't stolen, I'm asking if the fact that they may have both armed themselves before you came out of the house to attempt to hold them at gun point, or if you don't realize they are in the car and it goes from car burglary to two armed home invaders, gives you any hesitation about leaving them in the car again. I'm also asking if you think that confronting two or more possibly armed burglars in the dark, back lit by the house, while they have cover from the car, is a sound decision.

If all of that goes well and you have two people on opposite sides of the vehicle, one who's hands you can't see because he is behind the car, and you're asking them not to do anything for 10 minutes while the police are on there way, what do you do if they just turn around and walk away? Holding someone at gun point seems like a good idea, until they start talking to each other or you, turn around and walk away, or drop behind the car when you're standing in the open. It just seems like a bad place to be.

Last edited:

Bubba777

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 12, 2012
    Lafayette, LA
    I'm not saying they weren't stolen, I'm asking if the fact that they may have both armed themselves before you came out of the house to attempt to hold them at gun point, or if you don't realize they are in the car and it goes from car burglary to two armed home invaders, gives you any hesitation about leaving them in the car again. I'm asking purely from a personal safety standpoint.

I carry every day till I get to work and carry when I leave .

bigtattoo79

Rating - 100%
    94   0   0
    Sep 12, 2009
    LA
    By letting dogs out means your probly going to get sued :( for harm that your dog produced

Moral of all this is that we the defenders have no rights but the criminals do !!!!

Probably right. I should just wait for the wife to get home.

Last edited:

general mills

Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 1, 2010
    Denham Springs (BR,Hammond area)
    What would I do? If it was my car, there would be no concern about them arming themselves from the vehicle. I would call the police and advise them of the situation, then I would arm myself, keep it hidden from view, try to get a good look at them for a description, crack open my front door and yell at them. I believe there is a 95% chance they will turn tail and run, and I am fine with that. The chances of them ignoring me and continuing to break into my vehicle are about nill. The other 5% chance is they will turn to confront me, and I can duck back into the door in an instant. I would feel much better defending myself from someone trying to enter my home than killing someone trying to steal my property. I don't keep anything of values in my car, and the most I would be out is a new window.

After reading this again, I realize one might ask why I would call the police, then try to scare them off. My reasoning is, I have no illusions that the police will respond before a thief has the time to completely ransack and strip my car, read a short novel and defecate in my front seat. But by calling them, I have set the wheels in motion, and they will be there to take a report later. By scaring them off, I have hopefully stopped the ransacking, stripping and defecation. I have no desire to curb their appetite for a good read.

Last edited:

Vtechpremier

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 24, 2012
    BATON ROUGE LA
    http://www.wbrz.com/news/exclusive-man-told-accused-burglar-not-to-make-it-worse-/
    This is what I did when I caught the guy trying to break in my truck in the middle of the night . They were a group that was going door to door in many neighborhood at night breaking in hundred of car and terrorize Baton Rouge Community for years and couldnt get caught, until I caught one and they sing like a bird, result in 4 arrested and recover of hundred of stolen items including guns that belong to the sherrif department

Top Bottom