What would you say to a true "compromise" with the anti-gun folks?

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • CavalryJim

Rating - 100%
    50   0   0
    With the current flurry of gun control talk, you usually hear the anti-gun folks use the term "compromise" but they never really offer a true compromise. It is usually just chipping away at the 2nd Amendment. Is there a compromise that you would consider? Such as giving up something they want to get something we want?

- 50 state concealed carry reciprocity
    - elimination of "gun free" zones
    - suppressors sold as any other accessory
    - no restriction on rifle barrel length

Magdump

Don’t troll me bro!
    Rating - 100%
    163   0   0
    Dec 31, 2013
    Hammond, Louisiana
    SURE! I’m all for them leaving us the eff alone. I don’t scream and holler about their rainbow hair and sexual preferences or anything else that doesn’t affect me, and they can mind their own business about me practicing my God given self evident rights and liberties.
    How’s that for compromise?

KDerekT83

Hobbyist
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Suppressors treated like any other accessory, conceal carry, open carry, no limits to where I can/cannot carry, automatics, etc.... .. I'd be willing to sacrifice the costs of medical insurance to cover/allow "gender replacement surgeries" in trade.

TickleChain

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 16, 2022
    Castle Doctrine
    I won't compromise because I know, before the game starts, that they won't give me what I want.

I'm always open to voicing mine, but I know it would fall on deaf ears, no deal accepted.

So, until I get what I want, I won't budge on all this one-sided gun-hating garbage.

Those people never "rob Peter and pay Paul".
    They strictly rob Peter.

KDerekT83

Hobbyist
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    So with everything that's said here, id think they only true correct answer to this thread would be, Compromise is for people willing to make deals. There is no deal to be made. Therefore compromise is out the question. Hence the democratic response, "everyone saddle up your ponies, and pack up your feelings and tears. It's time for war." Lol

EightySix

Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 21, 2013
    Ponchatoula
    No compromise. Just like Justin treudick said, The people do not have a right to defend themselves with a gun, where do you think he got that idea.

machinedrummer

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 5, 2010
    Kingwood, Tx
    There’s only two choices. 1. Slowly watch the “right” no longer exist over time. 2. The gubment goes full blown confiscation and it gets worked out. It’s painfully obvious what the objective is. Total disarmament of the American people. It’s like going out in a explosion or dying a slow death by a incurable disease. One sided compromise isn’t a compromise at all. It’s giving something up that one never gets back. As to the 2A any compromise should have never been tolerated but here we are.

Trailboss

Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 2, 2013
    Norwood LA
    Gun compromises always fail, just like all gun restrictions like criminal use of firearms aren't prosecuted. The 1928 and 1968 acts said you could own automatic firearms but were restricted, then in 1986 they said you couldn't own any NEW automatic arms.

My signature has stated my feelings for years.

pangris1

Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jan 13, 2010
    BR metro area
    Gentlemen, those of you saying "no compromise" aren't recognizing reality.

If they have the votes and you refuse a seat at the table, then you'll find out what happened rather than at least have input, make a deal less bad, etc. Politics is a disgusting cesspool but if gun policy is truly on the table and they have the votes, you better find your poker chips and figure out how to play.

The 94 crime bill was terrible, a lot of people were branded traitors, a lot of butts were hurt -

- but it isn't with us any longer and it hasn't been for almost 18 years.

Something is going to go down. We better pray that we have A seat at the table where the words are being written. To be sure, we fight to gain ground and we fight to maintain our rights but there are ZERO POINTS for losing while "right".

pangris1

Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jan 13, 2010
    BR metro area
    They conceded a sunset and no there was prohibition on the factors that were meaningfully functional regarding the 94 bill which is to say, there was horse trading and that bill still allowed the use of an AR with the features that mattered.

I'm just trying to emphasize the importance of supporting the people at the table while they are there because its a thankless job to be up against the Anti-s while the "pro's" just kvetch about how - if they were negotiating - they would do a better job.

Top Bottom