When did Bayou Shooters become a forum of Trolls?

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Jlong1691

Premium Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 10, 2020
    Denham Springs
    Come on man, you have been here since 09. You should know that this place has always had trolls. Do you not remember the whole Bug Out Whale fiasco, just to name one?

There are some good people here but trolls have always been plenty.

It's just the internet in general usually but I am a member of other forums where people are much more well behaved and nice.

All Hail the Whale...

SpeedRacer

Rating - 100%
    92   0   0
    Feb 23, 2007
    Mandeville, LA
    It’s been better, it’s been worse. But one thing that will ALWAYS be consistent on an internet forum is everyone will never be happy. Too strict, not strict enough. Too much of this, not enough of that.

Guns are a hobby not a personality. If you stuck several thousand people in a room together, they would not all get along even with the common interest. I don’t know why anyone would expect different just because that room is on the internet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Magdump

Don’t troll me bro!
    Rating - 100%
    163   0   0
    Dec 31, 2013
    Hammond, Louisiana
    Even the local Neighborhood Watch Groups are filling up with Trolls. They volunteer to become Moderators, and then tell us how much of an Expert they are on everything from Fire Ants to Space Travel. It has become a way for the Narcissistic Insecure Little Man to be heard. You best not view your opinion, lest you will be banned.
    Interesting

John_

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Nov 23, 2013
    Hammond, LA
    Sadly, that’s about all it’s good for most days.

Because it’s allowed
    Because double standards
    Because one member trolling is another member trying to save the site from giving bad info that don’t jibe with that member’s info.
    Because sometimes a member (in their words even) admits to saying something to get a rise out of somebody, and although that’s the definition of trolling, they don’t admit that it’s trolling.

It just isn't worth it any more.

How many times must a guy be banned, before he is really banned?

thperez1972

ESSAYONS
    Staff member
    Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 28, 2015
    Baton Rouge, LA
    It just isn't worth it any more.

How many times must a guy be banned, before he is really banned?

Should there be a limit on how many chances someone should get before they are never let back on? Are there some reasons people should be given another chance and some reasons they shouldn't? What usually happens is the banned person is just so enamored with this site that they will create a new account. When we recognize who they are, they may have a few posts under their belt. If their new posts don't demonstrate the behavior that got them banned, we decide if it's worth giving them another shot. But because they have a new name on here, you may not realize they had been previously banned. Would you be surprised if I told you there were multiple people who have posted in this thread who had been previously banned?

Jack

Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Dec 9, 2010
    Covington
    Should there be a limit on how many chances someone should get before they are never let back on? Are there some reasons people should be given another chance and some reasons they shouldn't? What usually happens is the banned person is just so enamored with this site that they will create a new account. When we recognize who they are, they may have a few posts under their belt. If their new posts don't demonstrate the behavior that got them banned, we decide if it's worth giving them another shot. But because they have a new name on here, you may not realize they had been previously banned. Would you be surprised if I told you there were multiple people who have posted in this thread who had been previously banned?

Not even a little bit, plus it helps if they buy premium memberships.

John_

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Nov 23, 2013
    Hammond, LA
    But because they have a new name on here, you may not realize they had been previously banned. Would you be surprised if I told you there were multiple people who have posted in this thread who had been previously banned?

How about two previous perma bans and still going strong?

Re-spawned.

DAVE_M

_________
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Apr 17, 2009
    ________
    • This account was originally permabanned by request. There has only been one account successfully removed from the forum and that was due to an unfortunate death.
    • I had an account or two in the interim, one of which was banned because I was not allowed to make a duplicate account while I was permabanned.
    • None of those accounts were banned for anything malicious.
    • The owner of the forum allowed my original account (this one) to be unbanned under certain conditions.

Off the top of my head, I can think of a few members that frequent this forum and are on a second or third account after being permabanned. Some of them have even posted in this thread.

Jack

Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Dec 9, 2010
    Covington
    I can think of two who came back after being permabanned for being pests, one of which is a racist. Neither have Premium Memberships.

Many years ago, when I was moderating, it wasn’t uncommon to see people come back at all. If they were premium members, it wasn’t uncommon to see them purchase it again. The ones that did usually made it longer on their new accounts than the ones that didn’t, probably because they’d put money in it.

DAVE_M

_________
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Apr 17, 2009
    ________
    Many years ago, when I was moderating, it wasn’t uncommon to see people come back at all. If they were premium members, it wasn’t uncommon to see them purchase it again. The ones that did usually made it longer on their new accounts than the ones that didn’t, probably because they’d put money in it.

I remember. It's always been like this. What's funny is that there are a select few individuals who find it unbelievable. I've been here for a while and there isn't much that surprises me anymore.

dwr461

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 23, 2009
    Baton Rouge
    Come on man, you have been here since 09. You should know that this place has always had trolls. Do you not remember the whole Bug Out Whale fiasco, just to name one?

There are some good people here but trolls have always been plenty.

It's just the internet in general usually but I am a member of other forums where people are much more well behaved and nice.

Long live the whale, I still wear a bug out whale shirt for competition. We were a-holes but at least we were genuine.

Dave

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

AustinBR

Make your own luck
    Staff member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 22, 2012
    It's funny that almost all of the people discussing people being banned have been banned themselves...many "permanently"

And if you think we don't know that you are on your 2nd, 3rd, or 4th account...well, we do.

MOTOR51

Rating - 100%
    72   0   0
    Dec 23, 2008
    here
    It's funny that almost all of the people discussing people being banned have been banned themselves...many "permanently"

And if you think we don't know that you are on your 2nd, 3rd, or 4th account...well, we do.

46ca6b21cefdff9b40972b0df984d1d6.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Top Bottom