When to leave negative feedback….

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 70mikenike70

Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 13, 2022
    Lake Charles
    So I made a deal for a trade with a guy on here that has no feedback on his profile…. I just looked this morning and realized there was no feedback. I have been corresponding with him all week. The trade was supposed to happen at 10 this morning and I get a text yesterday that “he can’t make it”. No explanation, no let’s make it a different time or day, and won’t respond to my texts now…. I provided as much information about my trade as possible. I took as many pictures as requested. And now radio silent…. I know he is getting my texts because he has an iPhone and the messages say delivered and it gives a read receipt when he reads it…. How long should I wait before giving negative feedback? I understand when people change their minds about trades, but you don’t go all week with the deal and last minute ghost someone. I’m hoping it’s just a misunderstanding, but it doesn’t seem that way…. I’ll grab the popcorn… take it away boys….

La26

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 4, 2011
    Paulina, La.
    Inconsiderate of him to go silent like that after a deal has been agreed to. If nothing else, a "I have changed my mind, sorry for the trouble"- How hard is that? You might have missed an opportunity to make a deal with someone else in the meantime while waiting for this person to finalize the trade. I would post negative feedback- It might save someone else aggravation in the future.

** Not sure how it works, but if you leave negative feedback, can you edit it later to explain a different outcome? Or is it set in stone?

cjt0311

Pocket Ninja
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    May 8, 2012
    Baton Rouge
    technically thats neutral feedback correct?
    its a pain in the ass, and what i would consider "in bad faith"
    but no theft was done. other than time

and if you have ever tried to sell something on FB marketplace your inbox will be full of the same kind of people.

krotsman

Rating - 100%
    104   0   0
    Aug 2, 2012
    Baton Rouge
    Maybe wait a day or 2, but I'd recommend leaving neg feedback. If something changes, the feedback can be modified (if you can't do it, the Mods definitely can). This isn't Craigslist, there should be some sort of consequences for bad behavior on here and feedback is about the only thing we can do. We don't need new jackasses on here running rampant. Us old jackasses are enough. :dogkeke:

WhereIsIt?

Silver Member
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Sep 30, 2020
    Gretna, La
    Just last month I PM'ed a member, with good feedback, here on a rifle I was wanting to sell. We then texted, sent him pictures and then talked on the phone. We decided to meet the next morning..around 6am. I get everything ready and texted him that I was on my way to meet him... Nothing. Texted him that afternoon that I could still meet up but that if he had changed his mind that it's fine... Still nothing. Never thought about giving him negative feedback being the sale never went through.

Bigchillin83

Rating - 100%
    96   0   1
    Feb 27, 2012
    Livingston
    I’d say leave negative feedback!!! And be descriptive… that way everybody knows what they are dealing with when dealing with him… on other sites u have still done business with people with negative feedback because you can read what the issue was.. some are simple and don’t pertain to an issue to me.. I mean I know stuff happens it’s the holidays ect.. but it don’t take but a sec to see a text…

I know other sites you will get banned for that considering it a Welch… but also thes other sites let you sell braced pistols. :deadhorse: :dogkeke:

machinedrummer

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 5, 2010
    Kingwood, Tx
    We all have the right to change our minds. But we should all be big boys and nut up when it happens. I say blast him especially knowing he is receiving your messages. I wish only people who have been here for at least 6 months and have 150 post Should be allows to sell anything. Or if they without reason pie out on a deal just man up and say so. If not shut the account down. Just my opinion.

krotsman

Rating - 100%
    104   0   0
    Aug 2, 2012
    Baton Rouge
    Just last month I PM'ed a member, with good feedback, here on a rifle I was wanting to sell. We then texted, sent him pictures and then talked on the phone. We decided to meet the next morning..around 6am. I get everything ready and texted him that I was on my way to meet him... Nothing. Texted him that afternoon that I could still meet up but that if he had changed his mind that it's fine... Still nothing. Never thought about giving him negative feedback being the sale never went through.
    Yeah, but the sale never went through because he was a jackass.... How many times is he going to pull that crap on other people? The feedback is just a PSA for others, good or bad. Having this knowledge doesn't mean we WON'T do business with someone like that, but I wouldn't set up a meet too far from my area, if I know he's flaked before. I think it's especially bad when they go radio silent. That's ridiculous

WhereIsIt?

Silver Member
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Sep 30, 2020
    Gretna, La
    We all have the right to change our minds. But we should all be big boys and nut up when it happens. I say blast him especially knowing he is receiving your messages. I wish only people who have been here for at least 6 months and have 150 post Should be allows to sell anything. Or if they without reason pie out on a deal just man up and say so. If not shut the account down. Just my opinion.
    The guy I made the deal with has been on this site for a long time. I just felt like maybe something happened to him and giving him the benefit of the doubt. If that's not the case, then a simple text of "I'm not interested" would have been the right thing to do.

Bigchillin83

Rating - 100%
    96   0   1
    Feb 27, 2012
    Livingston
    it could be someone else is reading the text and he’s not able to respond. But if he’s just being a tool…blast em!
    Nail in the coffin… check his profile and see when he was last signed in and active on the site.. if it was anytime inbetween that means he had time to pm or text you but he’s surfing the site lol

70mikenike70

Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 13, 2022
    Lake Charles
    I’d say leave negative feedback!!! And be descriptive… that way everybody knows what they are dealing with when dealing with him… on other sites u have still done business with people with negative feedback because you can read what the issue was.. some are simple and don’t pertain to an issue to me.. I mean I know stuff happens it’s the holidays ect.. but it don’t take but a sec to see a text…

I know other sites you will get banned for that considering it a Welch… but also thes other sites let you sell braced pistols. :deadhorse: :dogkeke:
    :bowdown::rofl::dunno::bravo:
    Keyword “let” lol… Don’t get me started on rights lol. Clearly we really don’t have any in the private sector….. Roflol

Top Bottom