When to leave negative feedback….

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 70mikenike70

Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 13, 2022
    Lake Charles
    Well surprise surprise…. He was signed in here 23 minutes ago…. I have taken pictures of our texts, what he has for trade, and proof that he is signed into this site as I am typing this…. I’m giving him a little more time before I blast this out of the water. I am giving him every chance to respond with absolutely anything before I embarrass him. I’m not that guy, but give me the same respect I’m giving you! I’m 46 years old and I’m too tired to play games!

323MAR

Silver Member
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 15, 2014
    New Oeleans LA
    I have never been ghosted by anyone on this site, there was an instance where a long time member like myself got impatient with me after miscounting boxes of ammo although I arrived a few minutes late(did keep him updated via phone.)
    He seemed to be having a bad day, so I just simply left no feedback and he did the same. Both of us still have 100% ratings and the transaction was still honored.

krotsman

Rating - 100%
    104   0   0
    Aug 2, 2012
    Baton Rouge
    I have never been ghosted by anyone on this site, there was an instance where a long time member like myself got impatient with me after miscounting boxes of ammo although I arrived a few minutes late(did keep him updated via phone.)
    He seemed to be having a bad day, so I just simply left no feedback and he did the same. Both of us still have 100% ratings and the transaction was still honored.
    Everyone is late sometimes and mistakes are made. Completely understandable. Radio silence unforgivable, IMO. It shows a complete lack of respect and consideration for others' time and effort.

70mikenike70

Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 13, 2022
    Lake Charles
    Well it’s getting to be that time boys….. I’m headed to take a shower and then get some things done for church tomorrow and then I’m going to let the cat out of the bag….. Stay tuned!!!!!

70mikenike70

Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 13, 2022
    Lake Charles
    Two days to respond in negotiations.

If a deal has been set and they dont follow through shootem a text that you're moving on and be done with it.
    But we can’t do that. That lets people just keep screwing people over by making deals and then just dropping out of existence and leaving someone high and dry. I passed up 3 deals because I wanted what he had. I even was getting taken advantage of because he wanted 3 of my guns for his 2. That’s how excited I was over this trade….

thperez1972

ESSAYONS
    Staff member
    Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 28, 2015
    Baton Rouge, LA
    I’d say leave negative feedback!!! And be descriptive… that way everybody knows what they are dealing with when dealing with him… on other sites u have still done business with people with negative feedback because you can read what the issue was.. some are simple and don’t pertain to an issue to me.. I mean I know stuff happens it’s the holidays ect.. but it don’t take but a sec to see a text…

I know other sites you will get banned for that considering it a Welch…

I agree, there's no excuse for not texting a quick explanation, even something as simple as saying they changed their mind. The mods don't have access to your texts. The mods don't have access to your pm's here unless you report each pm. If it comes down to a he said this but they said that, we're now making a subjective decision. The ease defense would be for them to say they sent a text explaining what happened and you're just butt-hurt and, unfortunately, they cleaned out their chats so they don't have the conversation anymore. The absence of evidence is not evidence of absence. Some cases may be cut and dry but not all.

Is the feedback system not robust enough to give a short explanation? It looks like someone could click on your name if they had more questions about the feedback.

but also thes other sites let you sell braced pistols. :deadhorse: :dogkeke:

wambulance-burn.gif

thperez1972

ESSAYONS
    Staff member
    Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 28, 2015
    Baton Rouge, LA
    I got a message on here from someone who got ghosted about a year ago. A transaction was set up and seemingly agreed upon. Then the person heard nothing from that someone for about a week. The person never did get a response. And that someone is someone who has participated in this thread.

I'm sure that someone has a different version of the story and would prefer to not just get banned for ghosting on a transaction.

WhereIsIt?

Silver Member
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Sep 30, 2020
    Gretna, La
    So I gave him a negative feedback and now I have a negative feedback.. Lol... I expected it but does suck. He claims he waited for me, texted me and that I never responded. I PM'ed him screenshots of the messages I have showing that I reached out to him and he never responded. Haven't received anything from him showing the opposite.

Bigchillin83

Rating - 100%
    96   0   1
    Feb 27, 2012
    Livingston
    So I gave him a negative feedback and now I have a negative feedback.. Lol... I expected it but does suck. He claims he waited for me, texted me and that I never responded. I PM'ed him screenshots of the messages I have showing that I reached out to him and he never responded. Haven't received anything from him showing the opposite.
    Usually other sites that’s when admin steps in and corrects retaliation feedback.. but those are the same sites that allow braces pistol sales:deadhorse:.. so idk how it’s handled here :dogkeke:

Martman300

Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Nov 12, 2018
    Gretna, la
    I have had a few people back out of deals. It’s part of the nature of buying and selling anything. Even trading this for that.

Me personally, I have changed my mind a couple time, but still followed through with what I said I would do.

I have even let a guy I knew wasn’t going to show up at a pre-determined time and place, 45 minutes out of my way continue with his ruse. I had that “he ain’t gonna show feeling” the day of. He was all set to go the morning of, then ghosted about an hour before I got off.

I let him know I was about to leave, then 30 mins later, I am leaving, then 20-30 mins later, I am on the road, are you on time and same spot? No answer on any of those confirmed my suspicions before I had to commit to head out of my way traveling.

He then had the nerve to try 2 other times to deal with me with no explanation of his no show.

With him and the few others, I don’t usually leave feedback at all, I just won’t deal with them.

For me, bad feedback is if someone changes the deal after you meet, tries to rip you off, sells you something inoperable or broken trying to pass it off as otherwise.

If they just ghost me, I move on with life. I would even deal with them later, but on my terms then. A good and considerate excuse is different.

Martman300

Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Nov 12, 2018
    Gretna, la
    This is why I rarely leave negative feedback. The same on all the platforms I buy, sell, and trade on. It’s usually not worth the hassle.

Martman300

Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Nov 12, 2018
    Gretna, la
    You got me curious and I had to look now.

It looks like he may have done this before. I saw that below in the feedback. The buyer there mentioned “No Communication” ghosted after the deal was done.

Worst experience, no communication, ripped me off​

Aurellevi

Intermediate
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Oct 1, 2013
    Denham Springs
    Just last month I PM'ed a member, with good feedback, here on a rifle I was wanting to sell. We then texted, sent him pictures and then talked on the phone. We decided to meet the next morning..around 6am. I get everything ready and texted him that I was on my way to meet him... Nothing. Texted him that afternoon that I could still meet up but that if he had changed his mind that it's fine... Still nothing. Never thought about giving him negative feedback being the sale never went through.
    Agreed. I'll leave feedback after a transaction occurs. If someone tells me they can't make it and then goes dark, that's their right. He bailed, his action speaks for itself. That alone is enough for me to decide I'm moving on to the next. If it's a no call no show situation, I chuck it up to lesson learned and likely wont deal with again.

Top Bottom