Where Getting Close! ALmost There!

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region
    can't we just turn an HB this stupid into a gif party?

thats it. henceforth I'm only replying with GIFS for anything incredibly stupid.

You have to admit, 95-1 on the House floor is interesting. I'll bet that one opposed would have started shooting if CHP's were allowed in the chamber.

AustinBR

Make your own luck
    Staff member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 22, 2012
    I would vote for a law that required any cigarettes thrown on the ground to be eaten by the offender. If you refuse to eat it you get tazed and then get another chance to eat it. If not, you get shot in the face. Win :)

JadeRaven

Oh Snap
    Rating - 100%
    60   0   0
    Sep 13, 2006
    Metairie
    Once again, they are making laws to try solve a problem that doesn't exist. Isn't it already illegal to litter?

It's a problem that does exist. There's a lot of shitty people out there who still litter.

A lot of people seem to think that a cigarette butt is too small to be litter. These people think the world is their trash can.

Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region
    I would vote for a law that required any cigarettes thrown on the ground to be eaten by the offender. If you refuse to eat it you get tazed and then get another chance to eat it. If not, you get shot in the face. Win :)

"I like the way you think! Yeah, I'm gonna be watching you!"

JadeRaven

Oh Snap
    Rating - 100%
    60   0   0
    Sep 13, 2006
    Metairie
    Litter in general may be a problem, but cigarette butts specifically?

You never see cigarette butts littered all over the place? I am jealous of the utopia in which you live.

Outside buildings, on sidewalks, parks, and generally in public they're all over the place.

From vehicles, I rarely see other trash thrown out of cars but cigarettes are a routine occurrence. These people just don't give a ****.

Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region
    Litter in general may be a problem, but cigarette butts specifically?

You never see cigarette butts littered all over the place? I am jealous of the utopia in which you live.

Outside buildings, on sidewalks, parks, and generally in public they're all over the place.

From vehicles, I rarely see other trash thrown out of cars but cigarettes are a routine occurrence. These people just don't give a ****.

Corey d, the next time you get the pole position at a stop light, peer out your window at the curb/ground. You will see more than you care to.

Jack

Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Dec 9, 2010
    Covington
    His point, one I agree with, is that we already have existing laws that cover this. This is just an overlap where none is needed. More feel good phoney nonsense, but it's okay if you agree with it.

Last edited:

tim9lives

Tim9
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 12, 2010
    New Orleans
    The Hitler Youth attacks the scourge of mankind.....Cigarette butts.

FWIW...the real interesting thing about this new bill is that we have about 50% fewer cigarette smokers today than we had 40 years ago. So it seems to reason that 40 years ago...there would have been twice the number of butts discarded.....and yet...we all survived just fine.

I really don't see the problem with cigarette butts....especially while driving down a street like Carrolton Avenue in New Orleans. Yet...I see the roads littered with fast food bags from the pigs who eat their lunch and toss the trash out the window.

corey d

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 8, 2012
    Louisiana

I guess I don't notice all of those damn pesky cig butts. Those damn kids!!!

Didn't mean to jump on you, Corey, but just discussing it in general.

Nah, its all good. I don't get offended by the internet.

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Bruce robison
    Top Bottom