Where to buy corn and 55gal drums?

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • sylvest

Come and Take It
    Rating - 100%
    69   0   0
    Oct 17, 2007
    Denham Springs
    I am looking to buy a few 55gal drums with lids for them and a place to buy loose corn by the barrel. Anyone have any ideas around the baton rouge/denham springs area?

JimmyB

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 3, 2009
    Berwick
    Are you looking for animal feed corn or for human consumption?

You can pick up feed corn for a reasonable price from quite a number of places. There’s probably a small feed and seed place close to you. I never knew it was common until I started looking for some myself

Triple cleaned for long term storage is another thing. Honeyvillegrain.com is a good place to order from

kcinnick

Training Ferrous Metal
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Dec 24, 2008
    Baton Rouge
    There was a place selling corn by the drum at a feed store north of Zachary, I am not sure which small town it was in (Clinton, Slaughter, etc.) but it should be hard to call a few out that way.

charlie12

Not a Fed.
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 21, 2008
    Pride
    There was a place selling corn by the drum at a feed store north of Zachary, I am not sure which small town it was in (Clinton, Slaughter, etc.) but it should be hard to call a few out that way.

Tri-Parish Co-op in Slaughter used to sell it like that, probably still do. It's on La.19 in Slaughter.

sylvest

Come and Take It
    Rating - 100%
    69   0   0
    Oct 17, 2007
    Denham Springs
    I'm looking for corn to keep for deer season and i would like some drums to store up rice and beans for shtf/hurricanes. I see where I can get the corn, thanks guys. Any idea on the barrels then the place on Airline? Names of places would be preferred. Thanks.

CAJUNLAWYER

crusty old bastard
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 22, 2010
    Iberia Parish
    I'm looking for corn to keep for deer season and i would like some drums to store up rice and beans for shtf/hurricanes. I see where I can get the corn, thanks guys. Any idea on the barrels then the place on Airline? Names of places would be preferred. Thanks.

That's a shitload of beans and rice amigo!!!

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 4, 2011
    This isn't as good as any of the other options above, but Walmart has just started selling whole wheat and corn in 25lb bags.

Yrdawg

*Banned*
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 24, 2006
    Big Woods
    5 ahd 6 gallon buckets with screw on tops...ck with pool companies, I use these to store rice and other dry stuff, gasket and lid are very tight

srscott

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 25, 2011
    SWLA
    If you want to keep the rice and beans for long term storage shtf insurance kinda stuff, keeping them in smaller containers is really the way to go. It's important to keep the oxygen and water out of the container or the grains will ruin, also if there is oxygen in the container, the bug eggs will hatch...
    Wheat will store up to 30 years, depending on type. I don't think the rice and beans last quite so long, somewhere in between 10 and 20.

lotsa info on the web of course.

I would hate for you to store all that food only for it to be unuseable when you need it most.

Top Bottom