Where'd all the Mosins go?/C&R Question

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • mct601

Airborne IV Peddler
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 24, 2008
    Hattiesburg
    Back when I didn't have the money or just didn't want one, every shop seemed to have 4-6 Mosins at a time. I want one now, and the only thing I can find when I call up shops are Mausers. Anyone know where I can find one for a decent price in the Northshore area?

And I found out that that an 03 C&R license isn't restricted to businesses. This may be something my dad would be interested in. Anyone got any advice on how to go about getting one of these, and the requirements/etc?

my-rifle

I make my own guns.
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Dec 12, 2007
    Jefferson Parish
    Here you go!

http://www.cruffler.com/becomingcruffler.html

To get one, you fill out this stuff, send $30 to the ATF along with it. I can't recall, but you may have to get your local LEO to fingerprint you too. Send a copy of your application to the local chief LEO, then wait. Eventually the LEO will send his OK to the ATF, and they'l ponderously get your stuff out, and send you your license.

DO NOT SIGN YOUR LICENSE.

Make copies, and store the original in a safe place along with all the paperwork the ATF. Send signed copies to every online firearms dealer you can think of. Make sure you send a copy to Century Arms too. Buy guns.

With the license on file with dealers, they can ship C&R firearms directly to your door. You are responsible for maintaining an inventory book of the SNs of everything you buy and how you disposed of them. You have to agree to make that log available to the ATF whenever they want (usually never). That's it.

my-rifle

I make my own guns.
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Dec 12, 2007
    Jefferson Parish
    My C&R was one of the best investments I ever made. All the dealers give me a discount, and I get access to Century's dealers' inventory prices. Every month they publish their sales, and they are damned good. Ammo, magazines, parts, guns, you name it.

Top Bottom