which pistol

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BUSTER48

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2009
    Laplace, Louisiana
    I’ve been carrying the EMP in 9 for two years now. I just didn’t care for the fit of any of the compact plastic guns. As far as reliability, I run about 300 rounds per month through it and it has never, I repeat never, had an issue (guess I just got lucky). I would highly recommend it. Yes, I will agree that it is a bit on the pricey side, but I also believe in this case, I got what I paid for. Just my two cents.

Sin-ster

GM of 4 Letter Outbursts
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    I’ve been carrying the EMP in 9 for two years now. I just didn’t care for the fit of any of the compact plastic guns. As far as reliability, I run about 300 rounds per month through it and it has never, I repeat never, had an issue (guess I just got lucky). I would highly recommend it. Yes, I will agree that it is a bit on the pricey side, but I also believe in this case, I got what I paid for. Just my two cents.

You'd be unlucky to have an EMP in 9mm that didn't work. Of the whole array, they are reportedly the most reliable. FWIW, I think they're very well made.

I just think there's better options out there in the same size/caliber category. If by "fit" you mean the way they interacted with your hand, then I'd say you made the right choice indeed. Props for actually shooting the thing, too!

jorawil

*Banned*
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 10, 2009
    B.R.,La.
    Thanks for the replies. I am still not sure which one but leaning toward the Springfield. I have a xd9 and a glock26. I was looking for a small 1911 9mm.

Jorawil

BUSTER48

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2009
    Laplace, Louisiana
    You'd be unlucky to have an EMP in 9mm that didn't work. Of the whole array, they are reportedly the most reliable. FWIW, I think they're very well made.

I just think there's better options out there in the same size/caliber category. If by "fit" you mean the way they interacted with your hand, then I'd say you made the right choice indeed. Props for actually shooting the thing, too!

Exactly, the EMP was the first compact that felt like it belonged in my hand, all others just never seemed to feel right. As far as shooting it regularly, and I have a feeling you may share this opinion, one day my life might depend on me being intimately familiar with my weapon. Hopefully that day will never come but just in case......practice, practice.

Sin-ster

GM of 4 Letter Outbursts
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Exactly, the EMP was the first compact that felt like it belonged in my hand, all others just never seemed to feel right. As far as shooting it regularly, and I have a feeling you may share this opinion, one day my life might depend on me being intimately familiar with my weapon. Hopefully that day will never come but just in case......practice, practice.

I definitely feel the same way. It's even more important (IMHO) when you're working with a compact pistol, as they are pretty darn sensitive to every little fault in your technique. At the same time, they are almost always "not fun" to shoot a lot.

My guess is that the EMP in 9mm is probably one of the most enjoyable "little guns" to take to the range, however. Just another added benefit.

lsu fan

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 9, 2008
    Metry

+1000 I got rid of my G26 for my EMP and I haven't looked back. It's also more comfortable to carry IMO despite the added weight. Like I said, I had problems at first, Springfield tweaked it, and haven't had problems since. I regularly shoot it and test it with my carry ammo every now and again. I have renewed confidence in it, but if I ever had problems again, I'd get rid of it.

2011Corvette

Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    May 27, 2011
    Louisiana Swamp (BR)
    I believe that there are many types and models of guns so that each person can choose what they like. Personally I might bring a different type of gun every time I go to the range. I like my full size 1911 and my EMP 9MM. I also like to the shoot revolvers. I have my favorites but they are all fun to shoot.

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    bharden68
    Top Bottom