Who CCs a G19?

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • LongGoneDays

Mine. Not yours.
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 10, 2010
    Shreveport, LA
    I've owned a G19 in the past, conceal carry a 26 now.
    Just from an educated guess, I assumed there wouldn't be much difference. I never had a holster for the 19...
    So now that I've carried a 26 for a few years, I feel that I wouldn't like the 19.
    Because sometimes, depending on dress, I can't keep the butt from poking out occasionally.
    But the main part, me having a sexy shapely body, sometimes the bottom of the holster almost pokes my leg when sitting.
    The extra length on the 19 would not be comfortable to me.

Sin-ster

GM of 4 Letter Outbursts
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    What I discovered with IWB is that I have to contort my body quite a bit to get an adequate grip during the draw, which is not always possible in an SD situation. Grappled, in a vehicle, tight confines of any kind-- you get the idea.

On the flip side, I discovered an OWB is harder to clear with a cover garment. It took a lot of practice to feel competent, and even then I run into the occasional snag. Fortunately, I learned to tug like crazy, so the snags automatically clear-- but it's a PITA nonetheless.

I honestly ended up going OWB due to the size of the pistol, and not so much either of these two factors. And I still have to contort a bit with my OWB, as it holds it pretty high and tight.

Vanilla Gorilla

The Gringo Pistolero
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Feb 22, 2008
    I've taken to mostly just walking around with my gun in my hand both on duty and off. It enhances my mysteriousness.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    jamesernestomurray
    Top Bottom