Why can't people just say they enjoy shooting?

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Leadfoot

Low Speed High Drag
    Rating - 100%
    104   0   0
    Mar 4, 2009
    Livingston Parish
    Clearly, people who surround themselves with firearms are paranoid, have an inferiority complex, and are a down right danger to the themselves and anyone around them.

On a side note, here's an interesting article I came across about the psychology behind the Anti's:

http://www.vcdl.org/new/raging.htm

Last edited:

Renegade

Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 1, 2010
    Red Stick
    I own guns for self-defense, hunting, and for my collection. However, the #1 reason I own guns is because I absolutely, positively LOVE to target shoot with my sons!!! Plinking is just one helluva a fun way to get outdoors & unwind!

Paintball

Long live the 10mm
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 25, 2010
    Denham Springs, Louisiana
    I thoroughly enjoy shooting and like every aspect of firearms. That said, I do view them as weapons first and foremost. I don't carry a gun every day because it's fun.

1249634605_cheers.jpg.gif

James Cannon

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 31, 2010
    Laffy
    Because there are far more important reasons to own a gun thank plinking, and I generally put the bigger reasons on the table first. Plinking is a reason though.

SirIsaacNewton

Rating - 100%
    31   0   0
    Jul 22, 2009
    New Orleans, LA
    Because there are far more important reasons to own a gun thank plinking, and I generally put the bigger reasons on the table first. Plinking is a reason though.

But do we have to talk urban tactics/end of the world scenarios every time a gun is discussed? IMO it just seems kinda retarded.

Last edited:

Paintball

Long live the 10mm
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 25, 2010
    Denham Springs, Louisiana
    But do we have to talk urban tactics/end of the world scenarios every time a gun is discussed? IMO it just seems kinda retarded.

Nah, but sometimes it is part of the fun. Guess it depends on who you are talking to friends or strangers.

I enjoy shooting with friends at the range and ragging on who shot the worse that day afterwards. If that gets old we get the markers out and go shoot at each other on the paintball field.

Warhawk83

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2010
    NE Louisiana
    I enjoy target shooting and I've been wanting to get into competitions and conceal carry as a means to be prepared if I need to defend myself or my family. The closest thing I own to a tactical weapon is an SKS, S may HTF but I'm not a big believer in it. I do like zombie movies though.

JBE

Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 1, 2010
    Welsh, LA
    I'm still trying to figure out all of the grown men that are "prepping" for the zombie hordes...

Gus McCrae

No sir, I ain't.
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Feb 25, 2009
    Colorado
    Humans fear the unknowns of the future. Zombies, etc are just those manifestations verbalized. Some have more anxiety than others, some deal with it better than others.

People with bunkers zombie-proof bunkers stocked with food, water, guns, ammo and double redundant ventilation systems... might be vindicated in their concerns one day...

... but probably could have saved a lot of money and had a much higher quality of life with a therapy session once a week.

You'll rue the day you posted this when the zompocolypse starts!!!!!!!

BUSTER48

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2009
    Laplace, Louisiana
    I picked up a handgun on a lark for the first time four years ago to compete in an IDPA match. I immediately fell in love with the SPORT. The tactical aspect was and is secondary. I just LOVE to shoot. Any of ya'll that have shot with me before know that I really don't care all that much about winning or loosing a match, just as long as I'm smelling gunpowder.

Yrdawg

*Banned*
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 24, 2006
    Big Woods
    What was the paranoia role model in Tremors...Reba was the wife...I forget

This cat was ready for zombies and got worms...but get them he did

That was a funny show, I mean scary...that was a scary show, I can't even dig a garden since watching it 12 times

BTW...I'd much rather face a pissed off 30 ft man eating worm than have to listen to Reba sing.

Last edited:

deafdave3

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Apr 26, 2010
    What I don't enjoy are the fun killers who show up at the range to lecture everyone else and act tacit-cool. Or walk by the gun counter and lecture everyone about gun safety, etc.

Oh, I hate that, too.

Don't listen to 'em. I just pretend like I'm deaf.
    :rolleyes:

bronzdragon

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 18, 2011
    Yardley, PA
    For the record...1) I like shooting at the range for fun, 2) Due to the fact that I shoot on a regular basis, I feel more comfortable with my protection guns and my ability to use them, 3) I think the whole zombie reference became a running joke after so many first person shooter games started having zombie levels.

I do agree, however, with the overall main point. Oh, and I do like Reba's singing.

~rc~

CUJOHUNTER

EARPLUGS??
    Rating - 100%
    156   0   0
    May 19, 2009
    New Orleans
    Man,I just love to shoot. Even though I know how to shoot properly and have had training and tons of practice,and even now,I teach a CC class,I still love to shoot no matter what kind of shooting it is. Yeah,I do my drills and sharpen my accuracy and all that good stuff,but I have to admit,I love going outdoors with assorted fruits,cans,balls,tvs or really anything and just blow **** up. It's so much fun.

gocoastal

I'm a girl.
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 15, 2009
    NOLA
    I love shooting.
    I also live effing New Orleans.
    Maybe you're just lucky, but some of us getting our MDs or whatever graduate degrees haven't had the greatest experience living here. We've had friends shot during Mardi Gras, a car stolen in front of a friend's house, home invasion in next door neighbor's townhouse with whom we share a wall, a fight in our backyard where some stranger left his car to go watch a parade and then came back drunk and got into a fight with our neighbor, armed robbery in a house two doors down where a woman my age was tied up in the middle of the day.
    Therefore, my home defense set up is very important to me. My boyfriend and I have had casual conversations about how we would react to a home invasion because it's important to be prepared.
    I don't know what kind of doctor you are going to be, but I am anticipating being a surgeon. In the operating room, we spend tons of money on instruments and supplies that are never used but have to be available in case of an unlikely emergency. The same goes for life - I don't anticipate having to use the firearm I keep within arms reach, but crime is high in New Orleans and I'd hate to not be ready for it.

Top Bottom