Why do extemist liberals...

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • chad

Rating - 100%
    156   0   0
    Jul 27, 2010
    Baton Rouge
    Find the need to blatantly lie about "facts" all the time? Seriously? One just posted on FB how only 2% of the country is on welfare. Last I checked it was about 100 million..And that I'm getting government aid whenever I get a tax break which equates being on welfare. Maybe extremist right wingers do it too and I just don't notice.. And what's up with all the talk about abortions at jeopardy? Last I checked it's been legal for almost 40 years did they not get the memo?

oldman45

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 22, 2010
    northwest LA
    The liberals say what suits their position best.

That 2% figure is way low though. There is welfare, Section 8 housing, Food stamps, Aid to Women with Children and many more government Give A Way programs. Most programs could also be called Buying of Votes for Democrats.

Mary Landrieu could be accused of such. Those she gets on "entitlements" will keep her and her family in office since they know as long as she is in office, their benefits will continue.

I cannot recall a Democrat that wanted to stop any of the welfare programs or allow drug testing for reciprents.

Sugarbug

Sugarbug don't care.
    Rating - 100%
    54   0   1
    Feb 5, 2012
    Slidell
    Ask him how me keeping my own money versus me taking someone else's money is the same thing.

Following that logic, I should be able to rob people at will since it's the same thing as taking back my own money. :D I like his logic!!

thatwhichisnt

Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Aug 26, 2009
    Baton Rouge
    http://www.statisticbrain.com/welfare-statistics/

Percent of the US population on welfare 4.1 %

You are confusing programs. 100 million people are not in the welfare program. Although some people use welfare as a catch all for all government assistance, that is not accurate. Only about 20 percent of welfare recipients are on it for long term, and who knows what percentage of that is actual fraud. But those twenty percent only take up about .01 percent of the federal budget.

The top companies get something like 250 billion in corporate "welfare", which is around 70 billion more than the entire amount we spend on the actual welfare program. I think that is a much more pressing issue.

Last edited:

Frogman

Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Sep 1, 2011
    Denham Springs, LA
    Liberals are bad at math and extremely difficult to talk to about politics. I've tried to figure them out, but I just wasn't raised to believe their beliefs. The best way to shut them up is to vote a Republican in. Then they just whine.

Kcabear

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 9, 2012
    Gueydan
    You mean how they argue Barack Obama saved and created millions of jobs and unemployment is down! Listening to Hannity a caller said we've had 10 years of Bush's tax cuts and look where it has gotten us. Uh no!! We got tax cuts for ONE year and a continuation of the tax rate! If the "Tax cuts" are extended not one person is getting a tax cut, they are either keeping their current tax rate or will see a tax increase.
    OP brought up something that bugs the s**t out of me. Liberals think lowering taxes starves the government out of its money, where a conservative knows that individual earned that money and it is his, not the government's!!!!!

anakha

ljp#6749
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Oct 7, 2010
    monroe
    Don't have time to add anything intelligent to the conversation but section 8 is known as "easy living" at the Monroe housing authority

oldman45

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 22, 2010
    northwest LA
    Ok, a very personal story here that is long but fits the thread. My wife suffers from more illnesses than anyone alive that we ever heard of. She has three long term illnesses that will eventually be fatal. None were brought on by lifestyle choices. The first was seven cancer operations. We had good health care coverage. Not a problem. The next was a heavy duty heart operation that would have been a transplant if a donor had been available so they did a rare operation that required all of her heart valves to be replaced with metal ones. The bill was over a quarter million dollars. She was put on nine pricey medicines. Then she got severe rheumatoid arthritis. One medicine $7000 per month and she was put on three more. The insurance paid out it's lifetime deductible of a million and drops her. She has five more operations in a year and I am paying for it all. I went to the government for help and they said no. SHe was let go at her job due to her restrictions. We go for social security disability and she got it but it would be two years before she could get medicare. Again I went to Senators, Representatives, Governors and those at the Federal level. They said if I would sell all my property, quit my job and move into government housing, they would assure me of her medical expenses being taken care of. Yet I had to give up everything I have went to school for, trained for, worked for and earned. But they would do nothing for me as long as I had a good income. During the next two years, I sold five rent houses, land my father left me, my boat, my motorhome and I paid out over $400K in medical bills. The government still offered nothing until she got medicare and I bought her a supplement. So then I file my income taxes and list the medical expenses. The taxes were done by my CPA and were very legal. The medical deductions were declared by the IRS to be excessive and they demanded some $86000 in back taxes with interest and penalties. I had to hire a tax attorney and a CPA to fight it. Two years later, they admitted it was legal deductions and they owed me some money. The government did not pay my expenses in fighting them but told me to deduct it from my next years taxes. Last year, I had the property I had left put under lien by the IRS for back taxes due to excessive medical deductions. We are back fighting it and I am again paying the expenses for such. Yet when I approached them for help and showed them the expenses, they did not help at all due to me working. Still, they advise me that I need to stop working and go on government assistance. Now I am paying $464 a month in medicare supplement, $17,000 in medicine co-pay annually and the government is not doing anything but making me jump through hoops to show I am legal. The next door neighbor marries a woman with five kids, all on government social programs and he buys a $220K home with an interest free loan thanks to the government.

Metryshooter

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jul 11, 2010
    You mean how they argue Barack Obama saved and created millions of jobs and unemployment is down! Listening to Hannity a caller said we've had 10 years of Bush's tax cuts and look where it has gotten us. Uh no!! We got tax cuts for ONE year and a continuation of the tax rate! If the "Tax cuts" are extended not one person is getting a tax cut, they are either keeping their current tax rate or will see a tax increase.
    OP brought up something that bugs the s**t out of me. Liberals think lowering taxes starves the government out of its money, where a conservative knows that individual earned that money and it is his, not the government's!!!!!
    I hate to say it, but there's truth on both sides. Many corporations do get away with murder, as do the vote farm that gets handouts. If you really want to know who's getting the shaft from both sides take a look at the average working middle-class male...especially the caucasian male. Furthermore, the people who are probably the #1 losers on the game are the small business owners.
    The average small business owner is allowed (and expected by the IRS) to take a loss for their first three years of operation. Ask them how much equity they have at stake. Ask them how many hours they work. I would bet for a good long while it averages out to minimum wage, all the while risking a hell of a lot of debt.
    So before anyone wants to cry about either extreme take a good hard look at those who should be the ones bitching the loudest.

jms

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 25, 2009
    Franklinton,La.
    Going back to my childhood my father always said that Calvin Coolidge (R) like to starved him to death in the depression . His words always vote democrat. Democrats have gone much too liberal for me to still be a democrat . I really believe the most liberal,during my life time ,was Lyndon Johnson during the sixties . Then there came Jimmy Carter who out did all liberals of all time . That was when I saw the light for his free giveaways to the land on shore Cubans . Of course his letting the Vietnam draft dodgers back into the country with a free pass , us draftees that did our duty , really was more than most era vets could take . I'm through sounding off , thanks BYS .

Bayoupiper

New Curmudgeon
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 28, 2008
    Iowa, LA
    Ok, a very personal story here that is long but fits the thread. My wife suffers from more illnesses than anyone alive that we ever heard of. She has three long term illnesses that will eventually be fatal. None were brought on by lifestyle choices. The first was seven cancer operations. We had good health care coverage. Not a problem. The next was a heavy duty heart operation that would have been a transplant if a donor had been available so they did a rare operation that required all of her heart valves to be replaced with metal ones. The bill was over a quarter million dollars. She was put on nine pricey medicines. Then she got severe rheumatoid arthritis. One medicine $7000 per month and she was put on three more. The insurance paid out it's lifetime deductible of a million and drops her. She has five more operations in a year and I am paying for it all. I went to the government for help and they said no. SHe was let go at her job due to her restrictions. We go for social security disability and she got it but it would be two years before she could get medicare. Again I went to Senators, Representatives, Governors and those at the Federal level. They said if I would sell all my property, quit my job and move into government housing, they would assure me of her medical expenses being taken care of. Yet I had to give up everything I have went to school for, trained for, worked for and earned. But they would do nothing for me as long as I had a good income. During the next two years, I sold five rent houses, land my father left me, my boat, my motorhome and I paid out over $400K in medical bills. The government still offered nothing until she got medicare and I bought her a supplement. So then I file my income taxes and list the medical expenses. The taxes were done by my CPA and were very legal. The medical deductions were declared by the IRS to be excessive and they demanded some $86000 in back taxes with interest and penalties. I had to hire a tax attorney and a CPA to fight it. Two years later, they admitted it was legal deductions and they owed me some money. The government did not pay my expenses in fighting them but told me to deduct it from my next years taxes. Last year, I had the property I had left put under lien by the IRS for back taxes due to excessive medical deductions. We are back fighting it and I am again paying the expenses for such. Yet when I approached them for help and showed them the expenses, they did not help at all due to me working. Still, they advise me that I need to stop working and go on government assistance. Now I am paying $464 a month in medicare supplement, $17,000 in medicine co-pay annually and the government is not doing anything but making me jump through hoops to show I am legal. The next door neighbor marries a woman with five kids, all on government social programs and he buys a $220K home with an interest free loan thanks to the government.

THIS is the truth of it folks.

This goes on daily and nobody says boo about it.
    No news media will touch it.
    This is the future of America under Obama or any other liberal president.

The rest of you can go on splitting hairs and trying to bullish*t yourselves all you want but this man has told you the truth!

JNieman

Dush
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 11, 2011
    Lafayette
    Wait, wait, nevermind, I got it. Answer is "Because they can't be held to rules any stricter than extremist conservatives" Yea, there we go, there's the snark I was looking for.

chad

Rating - 100%
    156   0   0
    Jul 27, 2010
    Baton Rouge
    THIS is the truth of it folks.

This goes on daily and nobody says boo about it.
    No news media will touch it.
    This is the future of America under Obama or any other liberal president.

The rest of you can go on splitting hairs and trying to bullish*t yourselves all you want but this man has told you the truth!

Yep. It's sad. At least half the people on welfare I've met shouldn't be on it and the people that try hard their whole lives always seem to get screwed.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Top Bottom