Wife's car was shot on I-12 last night

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • RyanW

Koch-head
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 5, 2010
    Baton Rouge
    Last night my wife was coming home and stuck in traffic on 12 near Millerville, going between 5-15mph when she heard a loud bang like a rock smacking the windshield. She didn't see a crack or anything and thought nothing of it, assuming something was kicked up by another car. Well I went out to pick up dinner last night and walking out to the truck I noticed a big blister in the driver's door. The car is 2 years old and I just washed it sunday, so it was VERY noticable. It looked like an impact hole from a manufactured projectile, very small though. I got on her about being more aware of her surroundings and we had a small spat about what could have happened and how it could have been worse and so on. Well this morning I looked at it again, it's a VERY small but pronounced dent with a hole in the center and a paint blister about the size of a quarter. I talked to F-I-L about taking it to Troop A or Headquarters before I drop it off at the body shop, just to have someone experienced in that to look at it. He told me just call City. I called city and they transferred me to the Sheriff's dept. when I told them my address. The Deputy's came out and agreed that it was most likely a close range bb gun or a hell of a shot from a .22 from across the interstate, although that seemed highy improbable. They were also pretty impressed that I knew my insurance policy number from memory, they said they have never had anyone know it lol

I'm mainly sharing this story in case anyone else hears of something similar, in case it wasn't just an isolated incident, and also to reinforce the concept of situational awareness. It's something that can NEVER be taken for granted.

About to head over to the body shop and have it taken care of. :mad: Thank god I have $0 deductible

IMG_4411.jpg

IMG_4412.jpg

IMG_4413.jpg

IMG_4414.jpg

03protege

#1 Stevel Spell II fan
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Nov 20, 2008
    Mandeville
    I've heard of cars getting shot at on the interstate many times. I think there was actually something locally on the news about that a few weeks ago.

RyanW

Koch-head
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 5, 2010
    Baton Rouge
    2010 Honda Accord Crosstour, all sheet metal. It's not as clear in the pic, but it's a perfect concave dent with a starburst around it that looks like embedded paint particles. The light color you see is either the factory primer or corosion coating. I know the light color looks raised, but it's just an illusion where the paint around it is actually raised from the point of impact.

RyanW

Koch-head
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 5, 2010
    Baton Rouge
    From the depth of the impact, I would also think pellet as opposed to bb, but there is no center "point" like most pellets are shaped with a pointed tip. It's perfectly round.

Skiney

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Nov 29, 2010
    Between the A & the T
    LOL Sure it wasn't a shot from the inside out LOL

Should have had dinner picked/cooked up by the time your wife got home maybe??
    Just kidding!!! Your right there seems to be alot of STUFF happening in the Baton Roach area lately:{

Sorry you folks experienced some!

Ben Segrest

Rating - 96.4%
    27   1   0
    Oct 20, 2008
    Lafayette
    From the depth of the impact, I would also think pellet as opposed to bb, but there is no center "point" like most pellets are shaped with a pointed tip. It's perfectly round.
    You're not up to snuff on current pellet offerings. There are pointy pellets, flat pellets, and rounded pellets.

RyanW

Koch-head
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 5, 2010
    Baton Rouge
    You're not up to snuff on current pellet offerings. There are pointy pellets, flat pellets, and rounded pellets.

Oh I've seen the laundry list of pellets out there, I'm just basing it off of what has typically been the most commonly available designs at wally world, academy, and such places. The old typical "salt shaker" pellets.

Don Howard

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 12, 2011
    west nawlins
    Interesting...in the first pic I see a pattern of marks which are similar in appearance(to me anyway) of the small cuts in either a hollow point bullet or a powerpoint type bullet with the copper jacket cuts near the tip.

The_Shadow

The Shadow Knows!
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    May 24, 2010
    Southeast, LA
    During the Summer, I was headed to Bass Pro Shop and as I exited from under the over pass just before the BPS exit (west bound) I had something strike my passenger window, it shattered with a bang! It sounded like a gun shot, but that tempered safety glass was loud as it broke. I asked the wife if she felt anything, I didn't feel any thing thinking were were shot at, looking for a hole in the glass! Upon further investigation, I suspect with all the construction, a rock flew off a tire from a vehicle on the above overpass, which struck my passenger door window, it remained in tact, thank god. I secured the glass with clear packing tape inside and out to make the rest of my trip. Notified the insurance and setup replacement glass for the next morning!

Just goes to show you how fast things can and do happen!

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    never miss at 200 yards
    Top Bottom