Wife's car was shot on I-12 last night

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Crimson

Hk convert
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Nov 19, 2010
    Monroe, La
    Didn't penetrate, looks like a .223 to me. Where's our resident expert JWG223 when you need him?

Definitely not a .223 accord doors aren't made out of anything, it would have gone straight through. Maybe deflected by a safety cross bar in the door but judging by the area it hit I don't think so. His wife is very lucky it was a small caliber or pellet. I use to work for Honda and im pretty confident in remembering that where it would have hit on the door and nothing being there to stop a higher powered round.

Last edited:

Praesul Presul

On Target.....Sometimes
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 15, 2008
    Western KY
    True story: wife's uncle was hitting the Robert Trent Jones course with some buddies and was driving home at dark. They switched drivers and he proceeded down I-65. They were going along and he told the other guys he felt "funny" and was strangely sweating. They pull over again and turn the light on to discover he is bleeding out a chest wound and there is a bullet hole in his windshield. They lifeflighted him to the nearest hospital and the docs said a little slower and he would have died. Two idiots either purposely or by accident fired across the interstate with a new .30-30 - took the cops a few days to find them but someone reported them shooting in there backyard. He still has a bullet in his chest as it is right beside his heart. I don't see the revelance but it turned a devoted deer hunter into an anti-hunting zealot as he did a total 180 afterwards.

I know of another one where a small boy was struck in the head by an unheard gun shot. Gave him a bad welp. Cops discovered an old man had been shooting turtles in a pond with a .17HMR about 3 miles away at the time of the incident.

RyanW

Koch-head
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 5, 2010
    Baton Rouge
    Update:
    Wife's car is back from the shop, had Team Honda's body shop do the work and it looks great, they were good to deal with too.

One of my coworkers had his truck keyed up by a crazy ex and has been waiting to drop it off for paint, and I mentioned that I had to take the car into the shop, but didn't mention why. His next statement was "my dad has to take his in too, someone shot it on I-12 by Millerville thursday night. It hit in the driver's door!" I was shocked, but told him that's exactly why I'm dropping off my wife's car.

I have been checking out the area daily, and there are only 2 vantage points where that shot could have been made, one is from the neighborhood behind the sound wall, but it would have to be made from a rooftop, and it's still pretty improbable. The other is a Lamar billboard that is in the woods right after the neighborhood. I guess someone could've figured out a way to get on a billboard and lay between them on the walkway and take some shots. You have full concealment and who would expect it? The only other thing I can see being a possibility is some kids shooting in the little canal and ricochets are coming up, but that seems odd that the impacts would be so consistent.

W1nds0rF0x

Snap, Crackle, Pop.
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Oct 8, 2007
    Baton Rouge
    I don't think situational awareness is going to help much with a sniper shooting at you from across the interstate.

See, I was not going to say that, but I definitely thought it :rofl:

Update:
    Wife's car is back from the shop, had Team Honda's body shop do the work and it looks great, they were good to deal with too.

One of my coworkers had his truck keyed up by a crazy ex and has been waiting to drop it off for paint, and I mentioned that I had to take the car into the shop, but didn't mention why. His next statement was "my dad has to take his in too, someone shot it on I-12 by Millerville thursday night. It hit in the driver's door!" I was shocked, but told him that's exactly why I'm dropping off my wife's car.

I have been checking out the area daily, and there are only 2 vantage points where that shot could have been made, one is from the neighborhood behind the sound wall, but it would have to be made from a rooftop, and it's still pretty improbable. The other is a Lamar billboard that is in the woods right after the neighborhood. I guess someone could've figured out a way to get on a billboard and lay between them on the walkway and take some shots. You have full concealment and who would expect it? The only other thing I can see being a possibility is some kids shooting in the little canal and ricochets are coming up, but that seems odd that the impacts would be so consistent.

I would say those all need to be reported so the SO (aside from the ones reading right now) know about it.

Last edited:

jdessell

Womb-Raider
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Aug 28, 2011
    NOLA
    It is my experience that women are blissfully unaware of their surroundings 99.9% of the time and no matter how many times you try to explain to them the dangers of being in the wrong place at the wrong time they don't want to be bothered with it. My ex used to run out of freaking gas all the time because it was too much trouble for her to look at a damn gas gauge and fill up.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    never miss at 200 yards
    Top Bottom