Will Smith, former Saint, shot dead in NOLA

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 323MAR

Silver Member
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 15, 2014
    New Oeleans LA
    Hayes had the drop on Smith and his wife. He double tapped the wife and was able to hit Smith 8 times with a .45ACP. This suggests that the decision to shoot was based on Smith simply stating that he had s gun and turning to his car. A reasonable person(members of the jury) is not going to see shooting the wife as justified or shooting someone in the back who is retreating from a confrontation.
    If Smith was considered a threat, why did he shoot the unarmed wife first? He was mad at her for trying to interfere with the testosterone contest of manhood.

Blue Diamond

sportsman
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 12, 2014
    Metairie, La.
    Maybe Will had his gun on him when he walked back to confront the shooter and felt he better not have a gun on himself in this situation and at that time. I would want to know if the coroner found an empty holster on Will. One report said his buddy Ceravalo ? removed one gun from the scene right after the shooting.
    Hayes had the drop on Smith and his wife. He double tapped the wife and was able to hit Smith 8 times with a .45ACP. This suggests that the decision to shoot was based on Smith simply stating that he had s gun and turning to his car. A reasonable person(members of the jury) is not going to see shooting the wife as justified or shooting someone in the back who is retreating from a confrontation.
    If Smith was considered a threat, why did he shoot the unarmed wife first? He was mad at her for trying to interfere with the testosterone contest of manhood.

323MAR

Silver Member
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 15, 2014
    New Oeleans LA
    Manslaughter, huh? Sounds like he f-ed up.

Note to self, don't get into road-rage incident with NFL players. Seems like they don't end well.

Challenging someones manhood after high school is a bad idea. You never know who you are dealing with. Not everyone is going to react like a "reasonable person." There will be several "reasonable" people to serve on a jury though.

bigtattoo79

Rating - 100%
    94   0   0
    Sep 12, 2009
    LA
    Chick Foret and a couple others were tweeting everything during the trial. That whole case was a roller coaster to say the least.

Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region
    Breaking News!

Cardell Hayes gets 15 years for attempted manslaughter without early release. 26 years for manslaughter without parole or early release! Sentences run concurrent; plus time served.

25 years!

Last edited:

RG43

Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jun 24, 2016
    Covington, La
    Maybe Hayes will pull an Aaron Hernandez move......one can only hope.

I don't get the sense that Hayes is anything like Hernandez. I think Hayes probably got what he deserved, possibly more severe than he might have deserved even, but I don't know. Hernandez, on the other hand, stuck me as seriously disturbed and possibly evil. Hayes is someone I see as overly aggressive with anger issues perhaps, and also in the wrong place at the wrong time with the wrong person, more a series of unfortunate circumstances, not all of them completely his fault and possibly not in line with his character normally. Hernandez seemed to be much more directly responsible for his actions and the circumstances of the unfortunate events of his life, someone who acted badly by intent and according to his nature. Two different people and two different situations completely.

Top Bottom