World peace...

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Gus McCrae

No sir, I ain't.
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Feb 25, 2009
    Colorado
    Maybe, but I still don't care! :D

There are few western African nations that aren't slaughtering, torturing, opressing their people. You'd think that blacks (I'm sorry; African Americans), in America would give more of a s**t about their brothers over yonder. :dunno:

Though I have never been. Africa looks to be a beautiful place. It's only real problem is the same as anywhere else.... people.

Btl_Rkt_Sci

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 19, 2011
    Actually, I think you are completely wrong here. Popular support for anything can and does incite change. In this case, will it get enough momentum? Maybe, maybe not. Facebook is an incredible tool for causing people to move one way or another. We might think that facebook is stupid and it's just a way for people to find out stuff about you that you don't want out there, but it's a company that started in 2004, has over 845 million users, and generates 3.7 billion in revenue. That is scary powerful.

Can these people harness that power to make a change? Absolutely. Do they have the smarts to pull it off? I don't know, but there are lots of people here talking about it.

What you're saying makes sense, but I still have a gripe. People doing this "liking" and sharing of a video on a whim on facebook keeps them from truly exploring the issue and digging into what cause they are supporting. I don't think the invisible children is the best bang for your buck or humane way to take down this guy. But someone made a good video, kind of like how the media effects most of the populations' opinion on politics. Hence my comment on using money to support a well-known organiztion like Red Cross which likely has presence around Kony.

Last edited:

sandman7925

Wealthy women wanted
    Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    May 16, 2010
    False River
    Though I have never been. Africa looks to be a beautiful place. It's only real problem is the same as anywhere else.... people.

I've been there and the people are very humble and nice in general. Dirty politicians and war after war after war has made Africa into a place that's hard for the average American to understand.
    But I would rather see the place sink than see the US spend one red cent to help them are any one else right now with the amount of problems we face here at home.

Mjolnir

*Banned*
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 12, 2009
    Baton Rouge, LA
    I was wondering what they had to offer. I always forget Africa has many parts that are very abundant on certain natural resources it's just the residents that don't care to utilize them.

That's "funny".

Brutal colonialism and NWO neo-colonialism is more likely why they aren't independent. The latter requires puppets and Africa is stock full of them. Hyena bait...

thatwhichisnt

Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Aug 26, 2009
    Baton Rouge
    Kony hasn't been relevant in the region since 2006. We do not even have proof he is even alive. I.C has been very shady with the resources. Will not let anyone give them an external audit, and wont turn over financials to the BBB.

Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 21, 2011
    Lake Charles
    If some one posted it on their/your facebook, reply with this:
    internet-memes-what-uganda-do-when-they-come-for-you.jpg

Well where do you know where to go when you can’t even point it out?

Sin-ster

GM of 4 Letter Outbursts
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    The world came close to the latter; Hitler and The ancient Romans.

Everyone else were posers! ;)

They were both hampered, though.

The Romans simply didn't exist in a time where the technology could support that type of hegemony, even over their limited sense of "the world".

Hitler was just effing retarded. :mamoru: And I'd argue that he was far from "close". There were two semi-super powers that he never even came close to conquering, who combined and crushed the Nazis in a shockingly short period of time. Heck, he couldn't even cross the English Channel.

Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region
    They were both hampered, though.

The Romans simply didn't exist in a time where the technology could support that type of hegemony, even over their limited sense of "the world".

Hitler was just effing retarded. :mamoru: And I'd argue that he was far from "close". There were two semi-super powers that he never even came close to conquering, who combined and crushed the Nazis in a shockingly short period of time. Heck, he couldn't even cross the English Channel.

Interesting?!?

I would argue that the Romans limitied sense of the world in "their time", WAS the world! The other civilizations (outside of the Roman Empire)proved little to advance modern society. Despite our public education system saying it was Africa and all that are black today responsible. :D

As for Adolph; "I'm not sure I agree with you a 100% on your police work Lou!" ---Francis McDormand / Fargo 1996; the Germans succeeding in operation Valkyrie, would have certainly prosecuted the war(where they were at that time), in a much different manner than the reckless and feeble minded Hitler. At that time they were already in control of most of Europe. The decision to attack the Eastern front(Russia), was the beginning of the end(even though the Wehrmacht almost pulled it off anyway).

US historians and military historians reluctantly admit, to this day, that if Rommel was not handcuffed by Hitler's ridiculous strategy, the D-Day invasion would have been the greatest military defeat in a 1000 years! And, there would have been plenty of time to take care of everybody else! Eventually!

A-Bombs or not.

Last edited:

Mjolnir

*Banned*
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 12, 2009
    Baton Rouge, LA
    Interesting?!?

I would argue that the Romans limitied sense of the world in "their time", WAS the world! The other civilizations (outside of the Roman Empire)proved little to advance modern society. Despite our public education system saying it was Africa and all that are black today responsible. :D

As for Adolph; "I'm not sure I agree with you a 100% on your police work Lou!" ---Francis McDormand / Fargo 1996; the Germans succeeding in operation Valkyrie, would have certainly prosecuted the war(where they were at that time), in a much different manner than the reckless and feeble minded Hitler. At that time they were already in control of most of Europe. The decision to attack the Eastern front(Russia), was the beginning of the end(even though the Wehrmacht almost pulled it off anyway).

US historians and military historians reluctantly admit, to this day, that if Rommel was not handcuffed by Hitler's ridiculous strategy, the D-Day invasion would have been the greatest military defeat in a 1000 years! And, there would have been plenty of time to take care of everybody else! Eventually!

A-Bombs or not.

And what of the Huns and Mongols?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Top Bottom