Worth a look

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • JBE

Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 1, 2010
    Welsh, LA
    If you watch closely during the slo-mo, it looks like the round ricochets off the ground after passing through his leg and strikes him in the butt on the back right pocket...

Good thing it wasn't a 10mm or we could have watch his leg fly off on camera

Last edited:

aard3

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 28, 2010
    Mandeville, LA
    Finger in the trigger guard almost immediately after the trigger guard clears the holster.

Yea... he doesn't blame the holster, but I can't help but wonder if the Blackhawk retention mechanism added to this incident...indirectly. I know there were reports awhile back of this stuff happening, and several schools banned them (I think tactical response was one of them!). I could see him not being able to get the weapon out, so he presses HARD with his trigger finger, and when clearing the holster it went into the trigger guard.

I'm glad he posted it, we all need a reminder that you can get lax and have a ND.

Aaron

aard3

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 28, 2010
    Mandeville, LA
    They will just say it wasn't "Technically" a Serpa.

BTW Tactical response now does not disallow Serpas IIRC>

Seems you're correct, i can't find anything on their website about it.

I've never trained with them, but I'm pretty sure (100%) that they used to disallow them...you can google it and find plenty of people complaining. lol... maybe they changed their policy??

Top Bottom