wouldn't a .22lr rifle be the best bet for zombies?

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rustyduck

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 26, 2008
    near morgan city
    sure a shotgun or ak47 would be great but i don't keep tens of thousands of rounds for those. i saw the obama coming and i did buy tens of thousands of rounds in .22lr. the cheap bulk stuff of all brands.

zombies need head shots. all .22lr rifles i ever shot are plenty accurate for that under 50 yards and im willing to bet the .22lr will go in the scull at that range. zombies are slow and make easy targets. the trick is to have plenty ammo. those movies and games with fast zombies are lie.

but which .22lr rifle? i never had any luck with semi auto .22s and bulk ammo(is what i have and you are most likely to find laying around). i have a henry lever and its great with only a couple failure to feed every 500 rounds or so. but reloading the tube mag takes too much time.

maybe have a semiauto, lever, or pump in .22lr when moving from point a to point b, then a single shot crack barrel .22lr with a couple boxes of bulk ammo at your side when you are in a good position to slaughter.

Guate_shooter

LA CHP Instructor # 522
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Dec 4, 2009
    (Breaux Bridge)
    Not to **** on the thread but I have been testing out .22Mag against .17HMR, unfurtunetly nobody manufactures blocks of .17HMR or that would be my choice we shot some fence post a couple of weeks ago (nothing else to do) the .22 Mag made a good dent in it but it did not went through, the .17 HMR drilled a clean entry hole and dented out a good bit, I think if closer it would have passed on both sides but I was worried about it recochet towards us.

My nephew likes to shoot ravens with the .17HMR and all you see is feathers blowing up, when shot with .22LR or .22Mag is a clean kill no fun

:)

DAVE_M

_________
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Apr 17, 2009
    ________
    Out of any zombie situation, I have a feeling that Zombieland would be the most probable. Everyone would probably get bored with the zombies and start playing around.

I say you could use the .22lr, but a golf ball launcher would be more entertaining.

rustyduck

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 26, 2008
    near morgan city
    left 4 dead games aren't realistic with the fast zombies and all. the new dead rising game would be more to the real world, but still not 100% realistic.

Hardballing

Rating - 100%
    38   0   0
    Jan 8, 2010
    Metairie, LA
    But...when zombies attack, and assuming you yourself are not either zombie food or zombified, wouldn't you try to make it to military weapons?

Chainguns, flamethrowers, grenades, stuff like that? So why would you need a .22?

Me? Abrahams tank if I can get it. Just gonna squish em.

rustyduck

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 26, 2008
    near morgan city
    I would just settle on a flame thrower. Gas/Diesel is plentiful and cheaper than ammo and you can kill a whole lot of zombies with a single squirt ;)

this is more of a realistic zombie thread. how many of us have a flame thrower on the gun rack??

"wouldn't you try to make it to military weapons?"

too risky.

Last edited:

Gus McCrae

No sir, I ain't.
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Feb 25, 2009
    Colorado
    Sure, it will work. The only problem will be those people who are using the event to act bad. You might want 5.56 at that time.

Baldrik78

Misanthrope Savant
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jul 7, 2009
    Baton Rouge, LA
    left 4 dead games aren't realistic with the fast zombies and all. the new dead rising game would be more to the real world, but still not 100% realistic.

You'll have to forgive me - I did not know where were talking about "real zombies." In that case, the legal ramifications of going to the mall and popping teenagers and housewives in the head with a .22 would probably stop me worrying about it.

SirIsaacNewton

Rating - 100%
    31   0   0
    Jul 22, 2009
    New Orleans, LA
    I think type of zombie is huge. Are we talking the slow moving zombies that gnaw on you or the 28 day later zombies that run a 4.3 40 while on fire because if we are talking about the later I want knock down power.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Matthew Nodier
    Top Bottom