WOW

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

Leonidas

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Mar 4, 2010
    Slidell
    The question should be:

Why do we, as gun owners, give a damn if we are under a microscope?

Answer: Because we apparently do not deserve the 2nd Amendment. The tyrants in the ruling class do not fear us because they know we will meekly beat our swords into plowshares on command.

The Founders are ashamed. Rightly so.

TomTerrific

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 11, 2010
    Centre, Ky
    There are formal militias in several states that are neither the National Guard nor associated with the Federal Govt. A Virginian friend is a member and he pushed me to join. I wasn't interested and it turns out Louisiana doesn't have one. From what he says, the militia has organized rank, is unpaid, and you supply your uniforms.

I'm sure he would be willing to answer questions about it. Contact me b/c.

sraacke

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    St. Gabriel
    There are formal militias in several states that are neither the National Guard nor associated with the Federal Govt. A Virginian friend is a member and he pushed me to join. I wasn't interested and it turns out Louisiana doesn't have one. From what he says, the militia has organized rank, is unpaid, and you supply your uniforms.

I'm sure he would be willing to answer questions about it. Contact me b/c.

If you are referring to the La State Guard, you are incorrect. The LASG does exist and consists of both volunteers (like I was) and paid State employees who hold jobs at military facilities such as Jackson Barricks in New Orleans and Gillis Long right here in St Gabriel. See my post earlier in this thread (post #15).

Yrdawg

*Banned*
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 24, 2006
    Big Woods
    Well Mr Ace...be careful , you'll be in a classification like me.

I'm one of those fringe wackos who believe Branch Davidians, Randy Weaver, Montana Freemen, Huatree, etc., were all law abiding citizens who were singled out and made examples of by the federal Government.

and to make matters worse, I don't believe past Presidential Assassinations were carried out by lone nut cases. As you can probably see now, I'm wrapped in Tin Foil tight enough to not rattle in a UPS Box.

We see something else in common too I think, how fast it can be 'round here to get a few wannabe Mods up in yo game :rofl:

Of course I mean no disrespect to any real Mods, present or past

Last edited:

TomTerrific

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 11, 2010
    Centre, Ky
    If you are referring to the La State Guard, you are incorrect. The LASG does exist and consists of both volunteers (like I was) and paid State employees who hold jobs at military facilities such as Jackson Barricks in New Orleans and Gillis Long right here in St Gabriel. See my post earlier in this thread (post #15).

Thanks, Steve, for straightening me out on that. I looked at the photos of you but didn't read the post. That will learn me. :o

What you describe is different than what Marc described, but I bet it is the same thing, the difference being the way they were described.

Thanks again,

Tom

Yrdawg

*Banned*
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 24, 2006
    Big Woods
    Don't flatter yourselves; nobody cares that much.

What you guys cannot seem to grasp is that most of the folks here AGREE with you about all of this stuff. I dunno who this Huartree (sp?) people/deal is, but I'm with you on most of the rest that you mentioned. I also know better than to believe that McVeigh acted alone (or that an ANFO bomb took a surgical semi-circle out of a steel-reinforced concrete building without destroying the surrounding structures), or that Pan AM 800 was brought down by a defective fuel tank, etc., etc.

The difference is, I/we don't brood about same endlessly on a public forum, decrying The Founders as shamed, etc. We know that, except for exercising our sovereign franchise at the polls, there is NOTHING we can do to alter the distasteful changes we see occurring, for now, anyway; except wait, watch, and be wary.

And then there is the patriotic mantra you'll (figuratively speaking, of course) spew next; words to the effect that we're sheep too, laying down with lions, etc, ad nauseum.

Okay, tell me what YOU would do??? To "stand up and be counted", as it were. WHAT? Go kill a legislator or a federal judge? Or some other form of open rebellion? See Tucson, and the budding aftermath of that. Every one of these "patriots", or group, hammers another nail into our coffin of gun rights.

BTW, I don't think you can compare the Branch Davidians with the Montana Freemen. The latter were of the same ilk as Gordon Kahl (IOW, they asked for what they got), while Waco was a simple attempt at grandstanding by the ATF that saw their ass handed to them. Those people were immolated by a vengeful government agency who was tired of being embarrassed by them. The fact that no one really had to answer for that atrocity was a harbinger; how long could YOU stand up to a main battle tank and fuel-air explosives?????

But regardless, every related incident strengthens the government's case that there ARE "fringe wackos" out there who need to be suppressed. And the government WILL suppress whatever it feels is a threat to it.

Yes, a majority of Americans are not aware of all of this. We have indeed grown soft, etc. But not HERE. Give your fellow forumites some credit, for Pete's sake.

And as for "getting in yo business", well, its an internet forum. Get over it. That individual made a uber-retarded statement, and _I_ felt the need to respond with a question.

BTW, what's the answer? Blue? Orange? What?;)

No, I never advocated killing anyone, never tell anyone to stand up and be counted, never mentioned lambs and lions...I am some what of an alarmist because it's only been a couple of years that I started caring enough to understand what our government has become, suppose that I'm still in shock.

I do appreciate the thought you apparently put in your post, I think I got somebody Else's ass chewing though. So if you would, next time you throw a tantrum be sure who your throwing it at, I usually like to read your stuff, but not this time.

:squint:

Summit_Ace

*Banned*
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 6, 2009

Akajun

Go away,Batin...
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Apr 10, 2008
    Brusly
    Its not a big deal guys, really. Im in a Militia, were pretty bad ass too.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4skxeKkEpBg[/ame]

Summit_Ace

*Banned*
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 6, 2009
    Don't flatter yourselves; nobody cares that much.

What you guys cannot seem to grasp is that most of the folks here AGREE with you about all of this stuff. I dunno who this Huartree (sp?) people/deal is, but I'm with you on most of the rest that you mentioned. I also know better than to believe that McVeigh acted alone (or that an ANFO bomb took a surgical semi-circle out of a steel-reinforced concrete building without destroying the surrounding structures), or that Pan AM 800 was brought down by a defective fuel tank, etc., etc.

The difference is, I/we don't brood about same endlessly on a public forum, decrying The Founders as shamed, etc. We know that, except for exercising our sovereign franchise at the polls, there is NOTHING we can do to alter the distasteful changes we see occurring, for now, anyway; except wait, watch, and be wary.

And then there is the patriotic mantra you'll (figuratively speaking, of course) spew next; words to the effect that we're sheep too, laying down with lions, etc, ad nauseum.

Okay, tell me what YOU would do??? To "stand up and be counted", as it were. WHAT? Go kill a legislator or a federal judge? Or some other form of open rebellion? See Tucson, and the budding aftermath of that. Every one of these "patriots", or group, hammers another nail into our coffin of gun rights.

BTW, I don't think you can compare the Branch Davidians with the Montana Freemen. The latter were of the same ilk as Gordon Kahl (IOW, they asked for what they got), while Waco was a simple attempt at grandstanding by the ATF that saw their ass handed to them. Those people were immolated by a vengeful government agency who was tired of being embarassed by them. The fact that no one really had to answer for that atrocity was a harbinger; how long could YOU stand up to a main battle tank and fuel-air explosives?????

But regardless, every related incident strengthens the government's case that there ARE "fringe whackos" out there who need to be suppressed. And the government WILL suppress whatever it feels is a threat to it.

Yes, a majority of Americans are not aware of all of this. We have indeed grown soft, etc. But not HERE. Give your fellow forumites some credit, for Pete's sake.

And as for "getting in yo business", well, its an internet forum. Get over it. That individual made a uber-retarded statement, and _I_ felt the need to respond with a question.

BTW, what's the answer? Blue? Orange? What?;)

First off, until this post there were no "conspiracy theories" being discussed here.

Second, NOBODY here most of all me is advocating killing anyone!! It is my guess that your bringing that up brings more unwanted attention to us law abiding gun owners then the subject of a constitutional militia and I am sure we all thank you very much for that.

Thirdly, exercising our rights at the polls is not the only way we can alter the "distasteful changes" we see. We have the ability to speak and speak publicly. I know full well that I do not have the "right" of free speech in this forum but I will however speak as long as I am allowed. You will have to please forgive me for bringing these pesky people up again but our founders did much the same thing. Our nations freedom was conceived in pubs and meeting houses. They first spoke with people of like mind with the same interests much as we do here. There were many people such as yourself who thought it unwise to talk in such ways. They were afraid such talk would bring unwanted attention. This is why I asked you to tell me why we as gun owners were under the microscope. When the simple act of owning a gun puts one "under a microscope" we are in a bad way.

Fourth, you ask how long "YOU" could stand up to a main battle tank. I don't know. What I do know (here's that patriotic crap again) is that many years ago a bunch of farmers and shopkeepers stood a with a few trained military men against the greatest military on the face of the earth and won.

CEHollier

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Dec 29, 2007
    Prairieville
    Why are we as gun owners under a microscope?

(In that question I will assume that the "gun owners" you refer to are law abiding citizens.)

To sum up an answer to your question in a single sentence. Law abiding gun owners are under the microscope because not all gun owners are law abiding. Guns are used in robberies, rapes, murders, etc. There is a segment of society that honestly think if guns were illegal crime would be curtailed significantly.

Baldrik78

Misanthrope Savant
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jul 7, 2009
    Baton Rouge, LA
    Not really sure how as an American one could refer to our founders as terrorists but that is a different story all together.

The British would have applied the "terrorist" term, if they had had it. And before you say, "But the British aren't Americans!" I'll remind you that A) America is a continent, not a country, and can apply to any individual born on it and B) nearly every person living in the colonies at that time (with the exception of slaves and natives) thought themselves to be British - on both sides of the fight.

Summit_Ace

*Banned*
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 6, 2009
    Actually, I want to know how you figure that thread was deleted and if it had been how it's really such a bad thing??

I assumed it was deleted due to the fact one can no longer respond to the thread.

I believe it is bad because I am one of the few left who believe that speech is a good thing (trust me I know I'm a lunatic). Weather it be that Islam is great, Ronald Reagan was the worst president ever or George Bush should have been king. All speech should be able to be spoken.

I find it disturbing when people on this site see the open discussion of not "main stream" topics as just trying to stir things up.

Summit_Ace

*Banned*
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 6, 2009
    You're too caught up in your own miasma. (example of condescension)The rhetorical question Dan was referring to was an extension of the statement you made (and I mocked) regarding why are gun owners are under a microscope.

We ARE in a bad way. A combination of slipping mores and inappropriate methods of dealing with same is slowly but surely spiralling our society into the toilet.

But if you need it explained to you WHY "gun owners are under a microscope" today, then you are really dense.

actual quote: Why are we as gun owners under a microscope?

(In that question I will assume that the "gun owners" you refer to are law abiding citizens.)

And I don't think you are; now. I think you are trying to stir ****, discussion, whatever. But perhaps _I_ am the dense one. I fail to see how your impassioned public speaking is going to alter anything significant.

Here's a clue... most normal folks share part, or all, of your beliefs. Me too. They/I don't need any speeches by you (or anyone else) to be convinced.

Still, the things need to be said, you're right about that... if for no other reason, so the opposition knows we are not totally asleep at the switch.

So orate on...

MY intent was never to stir up "sh-t" nor do I think myself dense. I think you have done enough of that for all of us. Your accusatory tone, condescension, and bringing up the use of violence do just that.

I am not sure what your "standing" is in society, however my guess is that it is one of some power or some kind of authority as it seems you have an "elitist" mentality. By "elitist" I refer to the tendency to miss quote, name call and condescend those who do not share your outlook.

I think that the topic at hand could be a beneficial one to us lowly "law abiding citizens" if you sir refrain from "stirring the sh-t"

oleheat

Professional Amateur
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 18, 2009
    IMHO, most Americans have been conditioned by certain politicians, media figures, and others to think the term "Militia" is a dirty word.

It isn't, but they've successfully convinced the ignorant hordes that "Militia" is synonymous with "Hate Group". :rolleyes:

So, they pick the worst examples they can dig up, and before you know it, everyone who's in a militia is a "home-grown terrorist."

According to our own laws- that would pretty much cover all of us, I'm afraid.

Of course, these are the same people who refuse to believe there are people in this world that want to kill us just because we're Americans.

Last edited:

Summit_Ace

*Banned*
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 6, 2009
    Goodness. Took you this long to come up with all of that?

My "standing" in society? You gotta be kidding. I'm nobody; just another citizen, retired. So you're "class conscious" as well?????

You're right, of course. It was TOTALLY crass, rude, and insensitive of me to make those remarks.

Sometimes the truth hurts... ;)

OK, at this point I believe you may be incapable of rational discussion, quoting properly, or taking a statement in context.

First no, it did not take this long for me to come up with my previous statements. I have a job and a family so that does take up a lot of my time. Please excuse the delay in my response.

Second, never did I say anything about class. This was your doing because it was beneficial to your cause of "stirring the sh-t". There is a huge difference between "class" and "standing", however that I am sure you already were aware of. Just for giggles I will post the Webster definitions.

class; a group sharing the same economic or social status <the working class> b : social rank; especially : high social rank c : high quality : elegance <a hotel with class>

standing;established by law or custom

Third, the sarcasm in "You're right, of course. It was TOTALLY crass, rude, and insensitive of me to make those remarks.

Sometimes the truth hurts... ;)" somewhat proves my point in your innate ability to talk down to those you find beneath you.

Lastly, please tell from what field you are retired from. Would it be by any chance a "position of authority" such as law enforcement?

Please feel free to not respond in full to my post as you have done previously. feel free to misquote and intentionally take out of context what I say and further state my case. What ever you do, do not address the poignant topics I have raised. One of which and the most disturbing is you need to broach the topic of violence. A topic of which I believe many here such as myself stay away from.

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom