WTB Advantage Arms .22lr conversion for Glock 19

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BOSS302

Pain is temporary
    Rating - 100%
    34   0   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    SELA
    constitutionmanimal, I may have found a kit for you. I will know for sure tomorrow, although it may be too tempting to buy it for myself. :D

Manimal

Get'n Duffy!
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    May 27, 2007
    Louisiana
    I suppose you have a point about its cost effectiveness. Just for me i like to train and practice with something as close as possible to what i would normally be shooting out of the gun so the feel and response of the weapon is the same everytime i go to fire it. Just my opinion. Just going from the 9mm to .45 is night and day. But my guess is the difference on a 9mm and a .22lr are much closer. And just for plinkin i totally see where the fun factor could be. And again your a fun guy to shoot with and that home made AK is a kick to shoot. If i see a kit ill scoop it up for ya.

I just ordered one, but I'm not 100% sure that they are in stock. Will find that out tomorrow when their Customer Support opens up.

You're right, it's very important to train with what you use, how you use it, but there's a lot of training that can be done with the conversion that will translate into better & more effective training in the long run.

For someone like me anyway...bad habits from how I learned how to shoot. It will take a lot more practice for me to re-learn than for someone else to learn the first time. The more trigger time I have doing things the right way the better, thats the same for everyone though.

Nomad.2nd

Rating - 100%
    66   0   1
    Dec 9, 2007
    Baton Rouge... Mostly
    I suppose you have a point about its cost effectiveness. Just for me i like to train and practice with something as close as possible to what i would normally be shooting out of the gun so the feel and response of the weapon is the same everytime i go to fire it. Just my opinion. Just going from the 9mm to .45 is night and day. But my guess is the difference on a 9mm and a .22lr are much closer. And just for plinkin i totally see where the fun factor could be. And again your a fun guy to shoot with and that home made AK is a kick to shoot. If i see a kit ill scoop it up for ya.

I have both Glock 19 and 1911 .22 conversion kits.

A .22 conversion can help you with muscle memory, trigger control, safety manipulation etc.

What i did to 'get' trigger reset, was to take the Glock conversion and shoot 500 rounds in one LONG day of reloading mags.

press... trigger reset, press... trigger reset,....

After I had shot 500 rounds this way I had a pretty good grasp of it and I finished up with 100 rounds of 9mm to get the 'feel of recoil' back.

It's a good training tool.

BOSS302

Pain is temporary
    Rating - 100%
    34   0   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    SELA
    I kind of figured that. I'll keep looking around though, I want one too.

I can get them for full size and sub compact models, but not the compact models. Why is this such a PITA to find one....

Last edited:

Manimal

Get'n Duffy!
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    May 27, 2007
    Louisiana
    thanks Boss. I think I'll just wait for my order to get filled or keep hoping that some store has them.

I don't even have an account on Gunbroker, should get one...online auctions freak me out for some irrational reason.

BOSS302

Pain is temporary
    Rating - 100%
    34   0   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    SELA
    I got one on GunBroker at 3am....woohoo. AA will fill it, it'll just take a little time is all.

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.
    Top Bottom