Wtb Ak-47

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Scorzany

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 23, 2009
    Close to BR
    I took your advise to heart, and this is what I ended up getting.

d_1185.jpg

An Arsenal SGL-20. Built on a Saiga receiver. I picked it up for a steal. When I figured out what the Saiga would cost and the cost to convert it, I was actually better off letting Arsenal do the work for me. Got it for $500 plus shipping. Should be here Thursday. Also ordered twenty 30 round mags to go with it.

Where did you buy this for $500?

What about a converted Saiga .308? How much are those?

Anyone have one of these for sale before I buy from a dealer?

Thanks for any responses.

Ammocanman

Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Jan 29, 2008
    Lafayette
    Kevin at X-treme has a few of the Arsenal sgl20's in stock. I think they are $599 . Give him a call if you are interested. I already bought way to many.
    225-921-2408
    Kevin

Ammocanman

SeventhSon

Evil Conservative
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Oct 30, 2008
    Slidell
    I'd HIGHLY recommend K-Var if you are looking for slightly higher-end AK's. Also, a buddy of mine just bought a couple of AMD-65's from J&G. We got them in today and they were pretty nice. Good bores and almost new looking internals. Side folding wire stock. Built on FEG receivers. All for $399. Very solid rifles with great triggers.

Turn Key

Stuck up North
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Has anyone taken a look at these?

mpa460rowlandcarbinemed.jpg

https://www.masterpiecearms.com/proddetail.php?prod=MPA460-1

Master Piece Arms in GA are selling complete rifles like hotcakes.

Rifle Dynamics in AZ, are using the Masterpiece receiver as their base to build a whole new series of SBR's (short barreled rifles), and also a standard 16" barreled rifle in 9mm.

The Rifle Dynamics 9mm's are beautiful, but a little dicey, the base Masterpiece rifles I've heard can go for under $500.

TK

MrLefty

Rating - 100%
    42   0   0
    Nov 12, 2008
    Gonzales, LA
    mpa460rowlandcarbinemed.jpg

https://www.masterpiecearms.com/proddetail.php?prod=MPA460-1

Master Piece Arms in GA are selling complete rifles like hotcakes.

Rifle Dynamics in AZ, are using the Masterpiece receiver as their base to build a whole new series of SBR's (short barreled rifles), and also a standard 16" barreled rifle in 9mm.

The Rifle Dynamics 9mm's are beautiful, but a little dicey, the base Masterpiece rifles I've heard can go for under $500.

TK

Never seen them before, but what do they have to do with AKs? :)

sevenpt62

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 14, 2008
    hammond, la
    I think one of the best bang for buck ak's, if you can find one, are those Narinco Mac-90's. I've seen some lurking in some small gun shops in the mid 400's. I find one every time I go to Texas at this place called Collectors firearms. It comes with a cheesy thumbhole stock but that can be easily taken care of and 2 mags. If I didnt get a killer deal on my polytech this would be my 1st choice. Check out this link, http://mouseguns.com/homedef.htm, its a good write up.

MrLefty

Rating - 100%
    42   0   0
    Nov 12, 2008
    Gonzales, LA
    Just an option bro. :rolleyes:

The base of the Masterpiece is very well made and a good gunsmith can really make these dance.

TK

I realize you posted them as an option, however, I don't expect to see someone who's looking for an AK to be cross-shopping those. Honestly, if I had seen those when I was looking for an AK, they probably wouldn't have gotten a second glance.

People who know a thing or two about AKs (not the people wanting an AK just for the "cool factor"), want them for their simplicity, ruggedness, and unflappable reliability; and in those respects I'd consider the firearm that you posted something of an unknown (if for no other reason than the fact that they may not be very well known).

Like I said, I know nothing about the Masterpiece, so I can't comment either way on how well they function, etc. My point is, that may be the exact reason that someone would choose to avoid them. People tend to stick with what they know, and the AK is proven.

I'd like to know more about them, and they may make a worthwhile addition to anyone's gun collection; but if I was shopping for an AK I wouldn't be going home with a Masterpiece instead. :D

Two totally different firearms with totally different purposes, IMO. I just don't see it as a valid option over an AK, if they're wanting an AK for obvious reasons. An AR would be a more likely option over an AK, and you know how divided those 2 camps can be, lol.

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    bharden68
    Top Bottom