Wtb Ak-47

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • nola_

Rating - 94.4%
    17   1   0
    Apr 13, 2008
    Nola
    thanks, i just got some in from Centerfire but the quality is poor, feels like very thin plastic, sticker says "Made in Bulgaria".

SeventhSon

Evil Conservative
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Oct 30, 2008
    Slidell
    So what is the general consensus of the Arsenal Model SGL20-41. Looks to be a quality rifle built on a Saiga. I can get dealer pricing so probably be right around $500.

AISGL20-41lg.jpg

CUJOHUNTER

EARPLUGS??
    Rating - 100%
    156   0   0
    May 19, 2009
    New Orleans
    I know a guy with a pristine Bulgarian AK 47 he was trying to sell for $450. It's been a few weeks since he decided to sell. I'll call him to see if he still has it.

SeventhSon

Evil Conservative
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Oct 30, 2008
    Slidell
    I know a guy with a pristine Bulgarian AK 47 he was trying to sell for $450. It's been a few weeks since he decided to sell. I'll call him to see if he still has it.

Thanks Cujo. Now I have the AK itch. Got two AR's, a SIG556, M1A's and now THIS. I'm telling you, it never ends. I ALMOST bought Allans underfolder he sold a few years ago but passed it up. Now I got the itch REAL bad. :rofl:

SeventhSon

Evil Conservative
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Oct 30, 2008
    Slidell
    I'm thinkin bout a Mini 14...what do you think? If not, I've actually been seriously considering an AK myself...and I want nice furniture,no folders.

I like the AR platform better myself but there is nothing wrong with the Mini 14. We have one at the shop with a nice wood stock. I'll check on the price and let you know.

PAPACHUCK

Certified Gun Nut
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Sep 21, 2006
    Outside Slidell
    There are many fine choices in an AK rifle, but you have the opportunity to get a real Russian built gun. They start their life as a Saiga, but can be converted back to original AK configuration with a little time and money. I found it fun to do, and it wasn't that hard.

My Saiga is in .308 Win. and is more than accurate enough for combat usage. I converted it with internals from Dinzag, and OD furniture from K-Var.

DSCN0023.jpg

SeventhSon

Evil Conservative
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Oct 30, 2008
    Slidell
    There are many fine choices in an AK rifle, but you have the opportunity to get a real Russian built gun. They start their life as a Saiga, but can be converted back to original AK configuration with a little time and money. I found it fun to do, and it wasn't that hard.

I took your advise to heart, and this is what I ended up getting.

d_1185.jpg

An Arsenal SGL-20. Built on a Saiga receiver. I picked it up for a steal. When I figured out what the Saiga would cost and the cost to convert it, I was actually better off letting Arsenal do the work for me. Got it for $500 plus shipping. Should be here Thursday. Also ordered twenty 30 round mags to go with it.

MrLefty

Rating - 100%
    42   0   0
    Nov 12, 2008
    Gonzales, LA
    An Arsenal SGL-20. Built on a Saiga receiver. I picked it up for a steal. When I figured out what the Saiga would cost and the cost to convert it, I was actually better off letting Arsenal do the work for me. Got it for $500 plus shipping. Should be here Thursday. Also ordered twenty 30 round mags to go with it.

Good choice. Those were the best deal going when they were $500 (and still aren't a bad deal now), so good job getting it for that price. I got one also for that price (plum), but haven't gotten a chance to shoot it yet.

Twenty mags at one time though, dang. At least you're good to go in that regard now. :D

SeventhSon

Evil Conservative
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Oct 30, 2008
    Slidell
    Good choice. Those were the best deal going when they were $500 (and still aren't a bad deal now), so good job getting it for that price. I got one also for that price (plum), but haven't gotten a chance to shoot it yet.

Twenty mags at one time though, dang. At least you're good to go in that regard now. :D

I agree. I couldnt turn it down at that price.

Mags to me are like crack. When I bought my Socom 16, I picked up twenty-five 25 round mags. At $24 a pop, it put a dent in my pocket, so AK mags are cheap after that. Dont even get me started on AR mags. :rofl:

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    bharden68
    Top Bottom