wtb Long Range Scope

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • hdfreak1

Bikes and Guns
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 23, 2009
    Walker, LA
    I have extra Burris Fullfield scopes in both 3x-9x, and 6x-18x. Both are in excellent condition. If you are interested in either, and want to see them, just let me know. Open to offers.

Ritten

SSST Mad Scientist
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Dec 8, 2007
    Thibodaux, Louisiana
    I am looking for a scope that is good for at least 600 yard shooting without shims.

That's kinda like saying I'm looking for a gun with sights.

I'd say you're good to go to any sports store, find the cheapest scope you can, and you'll be good to go. I've yet to look through a scope that can't see 600yds. Try Academy, Dicks, Cabelas, Bass Pro, etc.

Either that or perhaps post a bit more information on what you want and what you expect it to do. Any 3x9 should have MORE than enough elevation for a .308, but if you're putting it on a .22LR then you're screwed. Hunting, target, plinking.....what do you want it to do? If you're going out past 600yds then you'll need to know what projectile you're shooting and how fast.

Request Dust Off

Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Feb 11, 2007
    Westbank N.O.
    Reiterating what Ritten said.
    There are a lot of scopes around $200 or less that can do it. Nicer scopes are nicer but necessarily needed.
    A 15 or 20 MOA won't hurt that way you don't need shims.

A little more specifics and you will have more answers.

bayoupirate

God of Thunder
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jul 9, 2009
    Raceland, Louisiana
    Midway has a Nikon Buckmaster 6-18 40mm with mil-dot reticle and Side-Focus Parallax for only $299.

I have this scope on my long range gun and it's great.
    would need to spend $800 to find anything better.

nickatnite

Crybaby Hater...
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Jun 27, 2007
    Prairieville, La
    Midway has a Nikon Buckmaster 6-18 40mm with mil-dot reticle and Side-Focus Parallax for only $299.

I have this scope on my long range gun and it's great.
    would need to spend $800 to find anything better.

And if you don't want to wait, Cabelas has the 4-14x 40 with the mil dot for the same price and in stock at their store in Gonzales...
    i712275sn04b.jpg

Click HERE for the NIKON SCOPES

Here is something else to consider. Cableas also has a Nikon package that has the Nikon 3-9x40 scope with the BDC (Bullet Drop Compensator) a 50 buck gift cert, DVD and also a range finder for 300 bucks. It's on sale still for 275. CLICK HERE
    s7_713234_imageset_02

So either scope is 300 bucks, THEN... You need to get scope rings. For a decent set you are gonna pay a min of 50.00 for those. For either one of those Nikon's you will need the med height for 1" tube NOT 30 mm. Then if you gun doesn't have one, a scope base.

The only reason why I bring up the last two, is that most people forget about the base and rings and that could be a BIG hidden cost...

Last edited:

pntbllr228

Rating - 100%
    47   0   0
    Jan 27, 2009
    Right by LSU
    If you're going to be shooting regularly at 200+ yds, you can't beat Eagle Eye scopes. I have an 8x32 on a 7mm SAUM that I use for long range --(3-8000 yds) and it is teriffic. It has a 30 mm tube, and holds zere with no problem. Here's a link
    http://ijksales.com/eagle_eye_scopes.htm

Anyone else shoot one of these eagle eye scopes. I looked and the prices look to good to be true. I know the saying "If it looks to good to be true, it prob is", but I also know that my wallet is screaming that these scopes are a great deal.

Geardo

Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 27, 2009
    Carencro
    Anyone else shoot one of these eagle eye scopes. I looked and the prices look to good to be true. I know the saying "If it looks to good to be true, it prob is", but I also know that my wallet is screaming that these scopes are a great deal.

They look like overpriced Chinese scopes

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.
    Top Bottom