WTB: Smith & Wesson model 617

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Leadfoot

Low Speed High Drag
    Rating - 100%
    104   0   0
    Mar 4, 2009
    Livingston Parish
    I watched an old man walk in Jim's the other day with an S&W box in his hand, he wandered around the store and no one helped him so he headed for the door.

I asked him if he was looking to sell something, and he said he did.

We walked to the back of my truck and he opened the box and pulled out a 6" Stainless
    617 with wood grips that looked like it was made yesterday. I asked him how much?

$300. I almost fell out. Unfortunately, this day I did not have $300 to buy it, but I got his number. After making frantic phone calls, I managed to round up the money. It was about 20 mins after he left Jim's when I got him on the phone and he told me he had called a friend of his and he bought it sight unseen for $300. I almost cried.

charliepapa

Clandestine Sciuridae
    Rating - 100%
    130   0   0
    Jul 12, 2009
    Prairieville
    ...After making frantic phone calls, I managed to round up the money. It was about 20 mins after he left Jim's when I got him on the phone and he told me he had called a friend of his and he bought it sight unseen for $300. I almost cried.

I know you have my number. From now on, consider me the Morris Bart of *deals we don't want to miss*. "One call, that's all!" ;) Next time, don't let the guy out of your sight.

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Bree
    Top Bottom