WTS Weapons or all sorts. *SPF*

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Guate_shooter

LA CHP Instructor # 522
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Dec 4, 2009
    (Breaux Bridge)
    Thats a idea, my father-in law has a motorhome in port fourchon, maybe I could stay there while working.

I believe room and subsistance is provided as "most" of the hands are NOT local so they have setup trailers as living quarters.

There are 2 docks that are being used for cleanup, the OSS Dock (same Dock for Oceaneering) on the second road and the GIS Dock on the first road of Port Fourchon.

Hope this helps you some.

extra300

Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Sep 19, 2010
    Metairie
    Thanks guys, I am going to decide what I want to do with all the guns, I hope to be working soon, so I will list them in the order it hurts the least. I have gotten most of them from BS members at fair deals and I plan on doing the same with what I must sell. I am still kind of out of it mental wise and dont have any pics to post, so please bear with me. And if anyone has a damn keyboard that the pppppppp key doesnt get stuck, I WANT IT! Damn coffee!

If you need a keyboard I have plenty sitting around collecting dust. I will ship you one free of charge, I will even pay for shipping. let me know.

Scott

bs875

Rating - 100%
    232   0   0
    Mar 14, 2009
    Baton Rouge
    And if anyone has a damn keyboard that the pppppppp key doesnt get stuck, I WANT IT! Damn coffee!

I run my keyboard through the dishwasher when it gets dirty. As long as you let them dry thoroughly they should be fine. But if you only have one keyboard you can be without it for a day or two. The keys can also be popped off and cleaned with a Q-tip. Do this with the keyboard unplugged. If nothing else the thrift stores usually have a stack of keyboards for a few dollars each. There's a Goodwill on Range in Denham that should have a few if you're in the area.

saxmanson

Hardly Newbie
    Rating - 100%
    46   0   0
    Jan 3, 2008
    New Orleans, LA
    Damn, Mike, I just read your thread and can't help but chime in to say it's a shame such stuff happens to a decent guy like yourself whose genuine love for guns 'n' stuff comes through all your posts. Like so many fellow B/S forum members, I sure know what it's like to walk in and find out it is your last day at a job that you thought you were handling just fine. Best of luck to you in finding your next career path.
    I never saw your list, so lemme know whatever else you are selling if so inclined, okay?

Last edited:

JBE

Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 1, 2010
    Welsh, LA
    Mike,

The company I work for was recently hiring people in various capacities to work the spill clean-up. When I stop by the office after I fly in this morning, I'll talk to the recruiter and see. The office is in Lafayette. I'll get with you later and let you know what I found out if that'll help you out.

MikeSlater

Sportsman 'N' Paradise
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jun 23, 2010
    Walker, LA
    Mike,

The company I work for was recently hiring people in various capacities to work the spill clean-up. When I stop by the office after I fly in this morning, I'll talk to the recruiter and see. The office is in Lafayette. I'll get with you later and let you know what I found out if that'll help you out.

Thanks! I appreciate it! Im about to go pound some pavement in a few.

Hardballing

Rating - 100%
    38   0   0
    Jan 8, 2010
    Metairie, LA
    Mike,

Sorry to hear about your situation. Bummer. Good luck in your search.

Perhaps if you said what you were looking for in regards to work, folks here could BOLO for you about openings, jobs, etc. Just a thought.

And...over the years, with ecomonic ups and downs being what they are, I've sold more guns, then bought more guns, then sold more guns, etc. There is ALWAYS a "new gun" in the future man. Take care of the plan you have, the rest will take care of itself. It really will.

Best of luck.

Final thought. If you need cash asap, best way to do that, imo, is to list ALL you want to sell, or feel you can sell, in one fell swoop. The folks on this site will SWARM you with money and can take "the boot off your neck". If you get employed quickly...hey...you buy a new PT92, or AK, or whatever. If not...you already have the cash. Just a thought from someone who's been here/done this.

Good luck and God Bless.

jetmech1983

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    May 21, 2009
    Watson, la
    Mike,

Sorry to hear about your situation. Bummer. Good luck in your search.

Perhaps if you said what you were looking for in regards to work, folks here could BOLO for you about openings, jobs, etc. Just a thought.

And...over the years, with ecomonic ups and downs being what they are, I've sold more guns, then bought more guns, then sold more guns, etc. There is ALWAYS a "new gun" in the future man. Take care of the plan you have, the rest will take care of itself. It really will.

Best of luck.

Final thought. If you need cash asap, best way to do that, imo, is to list ALL you want to sell, or feel you can sell, in one fell swoop. The folks on this site will SWARM you with money and can take "the boot off your neck". If you get employed quickly...hey...you buy a new PT92, or AK, or whatever. If not...you already have the cash. Just a thought from someone who's been here/done this.

Good luck and God Bless.

True about the selling to get the boot off part. Has helped me out a couple of times the last 2 years.

MikeSlater

Sportsman 'N' Paradise
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jun 23, 2010
    Walker, LA
    I was in the cable business for 6 yrs as a main line tech/repair/outage grunt. and yes what you see on TV about "The Cable Company" is correct, suits and numbers is all they care about.
    I intend on enrolling in a truck driving school to get my CDL, only issue is Obama has cut all the grants back to a third of what they used to be, there were a total of 4 grants available to go to school and they are all gone. I am trying to come up with the 5k that is costs to do it on my own. By selling my 4 wheeler and guns and every other thing I can think of to pay for it. So I am in a hope and pray mode right now, notice I didnt say "Hope & Change".
    Thanks to everyone for all the well wishes and encouragment, everytime I log on and read my pms and posts I get teary eyed. Thanks again, finding this website and the people who are members here has been a wonderfull thing and I thank God for each and every one. Thanks ...

stancel

Swamp Stalker
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Nov 7, 2008
    Carriere, MS
    I was in a terrible situation after the hurricane. My dad had connections with Venture Trucking so I got my CDL and started hauling offshore equipment. I had experience pulling equipment trailers so I got my CDL on my own by testing with a independent tester.

I had bought a really good set of home study books for the CDL. Do you need them? I can try and dig them up if you do. If so, and I can find them, I can priority mail them to you free of charge. Just let me know.

MikeSlater

Sportsman 'N' Paradise
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jun 23, 2010
    Walker, LA
    I may need them, my brother is attending the CDL school right now (He got the last grant, lucky bastard) he gave me all the books and stuff from his class and they school is trying to get me hired on with a company before I even go to school so I can go straight to work when I get my CDL. I really appreciate the offer and will let you know if I need them. Right now my main concern is getting the $ to pay for the classes. Thanks again.

MikeSlater

Sportsman 'N' Paradise
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jun 23, 2010
    Walker, LA
    Yes, let me go get those.

$100 Bucks

attachment.php

attachment.php

Attachments

• 001.jpg
      001.jpg
      95.8 KB · Views: 319
    • 002.jpg
      002.jpg
      89.8 KB · Views: 185
    Last edited:

tim9lives

Tim9
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 12, 2010
    New Orleans
    I am sorry to hear about the job Mike. I also want to comment about all of the B.S members who offered assistance, training manuals, ect. It really is heart warming to see such a great bunch of people step up to the plate.
    Best of luck Mike, have faith and things will work out.

stancel

Swamp Stalker
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Nov 7, 2008
    Carriere, MS
    I may need them, my brother is attending the CDL school right now (He got the last grant, lucky bastard) he gave me all the books and stuff from his class and they school is trying to get me hired on with a company before I even go to school so I can go straight to work when I get my CDL. I really appreciate the offer and will let you know if I need them. Right now my main concern is getting the $ to pay for the classes. Thanks again.

Just let me know. I will try and find them tonight just encase you decide you could use them.

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.
    Top Bottom