WTS Weapons or all sorts. *SPF*

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • bonewagon

Carbon Sasquatch
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Nov 9, 2009
    Jeff Davis Parish
    Mike, I don't know you or many of the guys and gals here, but I can tell you all are a bunch of caring folks. My family's hopes and prayers for you and your family. I do believe God does provide. He is providing folks to help. This is what it is all about, not just running to the Government, but the reliance on community and big hearted folks.

Later man, God Bless.

MikeSlater

Sportsman 'N' Paradise
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jun 23, 2010
    Walker, LA
    Just let me know. I will try and find them tonight just encase you decide you could use them.

My brothers instructor just called me, he is willing to guide and train me for a CDL in exchange for some of the items I am trying to sell.... The Lord does indeed work in strange ways! Wants me to come in for a few weekends and he is going to put me in a truck and teach me one on one, I am giddie as school girl on prom night, sure I will have to give up my Honda and some guns, but for a new career I would almost give my right, errr, hand. Thanks to all! I will still be listing things I still need to sell.

charliepapa

Clandestine Sciuridae
    Rating - 100%
    130   0   0
    Jul 12, 2009
    Prairieville
    Mike, when you take the test, try to get tank and haz-mat. I occasionally need trucks moved around and I think that's what my guys have to have. I could use you for a day or two every now and then and sometimes for weeks in the summers.

MikeSlater

Sportsman 'N' Paradise
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jun 23, 2010
    Walker, LA
    Ok I will check into that, my brother was going to go ahead and get the hazmat but the $100 fingerprint thing is holding him up as it probably will me. But as SOON as I can I WILL! Have you ever heard of Stevens Trucking ? Thats is the company we, well he already has a job, but I am hoping to get on with them also.

stancel

Swamp Stalker
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Nov 7, 2008
    Carriere, MS
    Great news on the training bud. I think anybody who ever drove trucks has heard of Stevens. It is a big outfit. Supposed to have really good equipment too. Good luck man.

JBE

Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 1, 2010
    Welsh, LA
    Mike....

I sent you a PM with contact info regarding BP clean-up work if you're still interested.

MikeSlater

Sportsman 'N' Paradise
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jun 23, 2010
    Walker, LA
    Thanks! I am studying for my CDL and hope to get the permit to test next week, I have a deal worked out with a teacher to get certified, I am going to trade them my 4 wheeler and some guns to teach me about the truck. They want to do it in a weekend, only thing what concerns me is I dont have a clue about the various knobs and such in a tractor. I dont think I will have any issues with the driving aspect of it, but I think I may try and rent the truck for 2 weekends instead of 1.
    I know this is a crazy question, but does anyone have a truck I could rent for them to teach me?? The rental is $260, which I can cover but $ is $ ya know.

Thanks for the info, if something doesnt go right or I dont think I can do it I will check into the BP jobs. Thanks again!

Masher

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 4, 2010
    Loranger, La
    Big J and I will take care of you Mike. You will get some quality one on one time and have a solid understanding of the truck and how to operate it safely when we are done with you. Just study up and get those permits and your medical next week so we can get to training.

MikeSlater

Sportsman 'N' Paradise
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jun 23, 2010
    Walker, LA
    Big J and I will take care of you Mike. You will get some quality one on one time and have a solid understanding of the truck and how to operate it safely when we are done with you. Just study up and get those permits and your medical next week so we can get to training.

I am seeing the material with my eyes shut, if miles driven while dreaming would count I think I would be a million mile driver already. Lol

I am planning on going and taking care of the med and permit around mid week. Thanks guys!

Last edited:

MikeSlater

Sportsman 'N' Paradise
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jun 23, 2010
    Walker, LA
    I would say more like a TON of items, I am looking over them as well as the haz test.

If anyone wants the Winchester 67, I will let it go for $75

attachment.php

El Rubio

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 28, 2009
    Ponchatoula
    I read your description of your old job and recall that AT &T was looking for people to roll out their U-verse TV program in Baton Rouge and Hammond. It sounded like outside grunt work but it's a job that may have some similar duties to working in the cable industry. If you're interested, you can search jobs and apply online at http://connect.att.jobs/ Hope it helps and good luck.

MikeSlater

Sportsman 'N' Paradise
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jun 23, 2010
    Walker, LA
    I read your description of your old job and recall that AT &T was looking for people to roll out their U-verse TV program in Baton Rouge and Hammond. It sounded like outside grunt work but it's a job that may have some similar duties to working in the cable industry. If you're interested, you can search jobs and apply online at http://connect.att.jobs/ Hope it helps and good luck.

I appreciate the info!

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.
    Top Bottom