WTT/S FNP-9 single action only - Still really looking for Glock 26

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Please reply by conversation.

cguedr

Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 27, 2009
    Jefferson
    OK, so I figure I'll post this again to see if I can get anything moving. I have an FNP-9 single action only that I bought at the beginning of the year, brand new. I probably have about 250 rounds through it right now, all have been flawless. The gun mainly stays at home for my wife to use in the unfortunate event that something should happen. However, I believe that it would be best to have a gun in the house for her that does not have an external, manual safety that she may end up accidentally engaging.

Will sell for $415

Here's a link to a really good review of this firearm:
    http://forum.pafoa.org/pistols-41/8347-fn-fnp9-sao-review.html

Because of this, I was hoping to find something like a Glock 26, or maybe a subcompact XD in 9mm. I have the original case, papers, 3 mags, etc. It's the two tone with a stainless slide. Here are some pictures:

FNP2.jpg

FNP.jpg

Last edited:

pulpsmack

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 12, 2010
    Red Stick
    Sorry for the thread jack, but it seems like a VERY important suggestion worth making here...

If you (or you and your wife) feel uncomfortable or unsafe a with weapon having an external safety for her, it would seem the reason is inadequate handling/training. Thus, moving to a "safetyless" (my words) striker pistol trades the hazard of the untrained handler failing to manipulate the safety at the crucial time for the new hazard that the untrained handler negligently discharges the weapon at any time (crucial or otherwise).

If you (or you two) prefer another platform based on feel, performance, aesthetics, whatever... by all means, get what fits better. But please don't be at ease with the notion that a so-called "more convenient platform" is an acceptable substitute for an evident lack of training/handling. Hope you understand my motives for the suggestion and wish you the best of luck on your sale/trade/endeavour.

cguedr

Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 27, 2009
    Jefferson
    Although I understand what you are saying, and I appreciate your concern, my primary concern is that, were the safety to become engaged somehow, in a stress situation, I don't feel she would realize that she would need to flip the safety down. I, however, don't think I would have a problem with this myself at all. Although I think this is getting into a much more personal matter than need be, my wife's simply not going to go to the range as much as I do. She enjoys shooting, but it's not going to happen. However, I do not feel that just because she doesn't go to the range "x" amount of times per week/month that she loses her right to adequately protect herself, and I believe a gun without external safeties minimizes possible complications for her. I do think this would have been better addressed in a private message though if you felt so inclined.

Last edited:
    Status
    Please reply by conversation.
    You have insufficient privileges to reply here.
    Top Bottom