Your answers here will require a serious gutcheck!

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • wbill024

Devil Dog
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Dec 28, 2009
    Prairieville, LA
    Being a solider outside the wire and living your life with wife and child stateside are two different environments.

Exactly.

:)
    um ok, so not being willing to kill my neighbors (many with families ) and kill myself for no reason, no less in a way that puts the people i am protecting in 10x the danger is your definition of folding, got it and guilty:blah::blah:

you fight for your rights in court, when you fight for your life you do what you have to ... "The Constitution is not a suicide pact"

good luck, guess we'll never know who would survive and be armed in the end :cheers::cheers:

Last edited:

wbill024

Devil Dog
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Dec 28, 2009
    Prairieville, LA
    Even if an individual, or a group is legitimate in protecting their guns per the second amendment, think of society's reaction as a whole.

The liberal media will say the individual or group are terrorists, fanatics, wackos, and the liberal lefties, including our elected officials, will paint a picture that the group are criminals.

If someone shoots a cop or soldier in self defense, even if they are right, then they are going to have to deal with a whole bunch of other cops or soldiers, with more numbers, firepower and equipment.

Our forefathers stuck together, they fought for a general cause with a goal of freedom in mind. Today, we don't stick together as a whole. How many of you can say your neighbors would have your side and risk their families when the wolf comes knocking at your door.

I'm not going to be a sheep but I am going to avoid the wolf. I don't have any stinking guns.;)

it's not some foreign power being talked about ... it is people we know !! our neighbors , our local SDP or national guard ... why would anyone want to have a firefight with these people... i believe in the 2A as much as anyone ...but talk of shooting our own is not something i can relate too .... that means i fold according to some, so be it :dunno::dunno:

wbill024

Devil Dog
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Dec 28, 2009
    Prairieville, LA
    Thomas jefferson -
    "strict observance of the written law is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self-preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to the written law, would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the ends to the means."

wbill024

Devil Dog
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Dec 28, 2009
    Prairieville, LA
    haha

dude , wanna go sometime soon i just sent in my check for this year ? i have several weapons i haven't shot yet and nobody ever wants to go with me wtf lol !!!

Speedlace

LOL...right?
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 23, 2007
    um ok, so not being willing to kill my neighbors (many with families ) and kill myself for no reason, no less in a way that puts the people i am protecting in 10x the danger is your definition of folding, got it and guilty:blah::blah:

you fight for your rights in court, when you fight for your life you do what you have to ... "The Constitution is not a suicide pact"

good luck, guess we'll never know who would survive and be armed in the end :cheers::cheers:
    it's not some foreign power being talked about ... it is people we know !! our neighbors , our local SDP or national guard ... why would anyone want to have a firefight with these people... i believe in the 2A as much as anyone ...but talk of shooting our own is not something i can relate too .... that means i fold according to some, so be it :dunno::dunno:
    Fighting other Americans should not be a foreign concept to Americans.
    In the American Revolution, not everyone agreed with splitting with Britain and remained loyalist to the crown.
    Those who were found to be loyalist or spies had their property taken, then hung by the Patriots/American Rebels.

During the Civil War, families fought each other. Brother against brother, cousin against cousin, American against American.
    Gen. Custer lead a charge against a Confederate General that he was roommates with @ West Point for 4 years.

Last edited:

D-DAY

The Bronx Bull
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 16, 2006
    Hammond
    Thomas jefferson -
    "strict observance of the written law is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self-preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to the written law, would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the ends to the means."

I am pretty sure that quote can be argued for either sides cause. Not to mention the quote game can be played back and forth till we vomit. BTW, what was the original context of the quote?

bs875

Rating - 100%
    232   0   0
    Mar 14, 2009
    Baton Rouge
    Like Grendal, I also have no guns. Thank you for asking, good luck with the rest of your searches. The best way to survive a battle is to avoid it in the first place.

A law is just a piece of paper that is only as good as the gun that backs it up. We learned as kids playing Rochambeau that steel beats paper.

FTRrookie

Freedom Not Free Stuff
    Rating - 98.6%
    68   1   0
    Apr 25, 2009
    Houma, la
    I was one of those cops that went to New Orleans after Katrina.

We were not told to seize any guns, nor did we seize any.

And as a citizen of New Orleans who rode out katrina and was lucky enough to be living in one of the very few areas that did not flood let me say "Thank You" for all of your time and hard work in trying to keep law and order and help people at the same time. I lived in the Marigny and spent 14 days there after the storm. I met LEOs from all over the state and country for that matter. All were very dedicated and professional.

Now to the question. Yes cops did come to my door demanding I turn over any guns I might have in my possession. There were 4 of them and all were NOPD. I heard that they were doing this so I had hidden them outside of the house in case they searched and told them I didn't own any firearms. One tried to intimidate me by saying that they could search records and see if I had bought any guns in LA and if I had I would be arrested for lying to the police. All the guns I owned at the time I had bought when I lived in another state so I wasn't worried. Not to mention there was no power for them to do a check ;)

oleheat

Professional Amateur
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 18, 2009
    It depends. Are we talking about regular police or zombie police?

Yrdawg

*Banned*
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 24, 2006
    Big Woods
    Thomas Jefferson -

What my ego would want to do is throw down and live out the expectation of the founders and patriots who made this experiment work.

In reality, I would most likely use a throw down...heres my gun sir, be careful it's a .45 Hi Point ( American made sir ) always want to co-operate with the police Mr Officer sir. Have a nice day and if I see any rebels I'll call.

I'm not proud of this, as I hope none of us are...what we have become is sad. Dying in a hail of gunfire won't fix it though. Living and starting to pay attention and participate in the system will be a good start.

I believe Americans are more awake now than during the hide your head under the table and kiss your ass good bye days of the cold war, keep it up...becoming sad doesn't have to stay sad.

Nomad.2nd

Rating - 100%
    66   0   1
    Dec 9, 2007
    Baton Rouge... Mostly
    I had some of the Nasty Guard I had been helping for 4 days steal my guns.

I gave them up.

I had their names (Nametapes) and got my stuff back...

And went to the house and got more guns.

GREAT illustratiuon as to why you have a second set of identical weapons.

I looked at the lackladasical way they carried themselved... and my 1911 in my Safariland drop leg... I could have 'got them'... But then wherte would I be?

And I knew I had backups.

CEHollier

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Dec 29, 2007
    Prairieville
    I have already given this scenario serious thought. The new house we are building will have a gun safe built into a wall. I will have amnesia and cannot remember the combination until they have a court order to open it.

wbill024

Devil Dog
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Dec 28, 2009
    Prairieville, LA
    I am pretty sure that quote can be argued for either sides cause. Not to mention the quote game can be played back and forth till we vomit. BTW, what was the original context of the quote?

yeah could be, i think i meant to put it in with a quote from somebody talking about about the founders .... actual context is in regards to the purchase of LA coincidentally ...he didn't think it was constitutional .... but the idea has much larger implications into their thought process

wbill024

Devil Dog
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Dec 28, 2009
    Prairieville, LA
    Fighting other Americans should not be a foreign concept to Americans.
    In the American Revolution, not everyone agreed with splitting with Britain and remained loyalist to the crown.
    Those who were found to be loyalist or spies had their property taken, then hung by the Patriots/American Rebels.

During the Civil War, families fought each other. Brother against brother, cousin against cousin, American against American.
    Gen. Custer lead a charge against a Confederate General that he was roommates with @ West Point for 4 years.

yeah, i mean the local SFD knocking on my door during an emergency is the freakin civil war for god sake :doh:
    i missed the revolution in this scenario too lol

Bam Bam

Certified gun nut!
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008
    Denham Springs/Watson, La
    I just sold all my guns before the storm and lost the receipts too! Dam I hate when I do that! :D Most of what I "did" own was bought second hand anyway.

BTW you will never ever see me living in NO! Or any other big city.

Bam Bam

Top Bottom