"You're disturbing my peace by waving @ me."

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • W1nds0rF0x

Snap, Crackle, Pop.
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Oct 8, 2007
    Baton Rouge
    Anyone read the recent comments? I find it appalling the amount of people who want to depend on, yet have zero understanding of the right to free speech.

sraacke

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    St. Gabriel
    That guy reminds me of some of the PEC patients I have to deal with at the hospital. Caling everyone Nazi and thinking we work of the CIA and other crap.
    Put me down as another vote for the Tazer.

BUSTER48

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2009
    Laplace, Louisiana
    You sir, along with many others are the reason "our" government will have no problem {in your words} "stomping a mudhole" in or liberties.

WAKE UP!!!

I’m not sure at what point the LEO’s were stepping on his liberties, he was disturbing the peace. It seemed to me that they called in to HQ to be sure that they were not stepping on his liberties before they took any action, that’s why they are the pros. As far as equating my statement of “stomping a mud hole in his ass” with stepping on his liberties, sorry, I would not beat his ass because he was exercising his first amendment rights, I would beat his ass because he was an *******, plain and simple.

Jed

Bloody Foreigner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2009
    Clearwater Beach, FL
    I’m not sure at what point the LEO’s were stepping on his liberties, he was disturbing the peace. It seemed to me that they called in to HQ to be sure that they were not stepping on his liberties before they took any action, that’s why they are the pros. As far as equating my statement of “stomping a mud hole in his ass” with stepping on his liberties, sorry, I would not beat his ass because he was exercising his first amendment rights, I would beat his ass because he was an *******, plain and simple.

This ^^ and once I was done I'd beat his ass again, for fun.

W1nds0rF0x

Snap, Crackle, Pop.
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Oct 8, 2007
    Baton Rouge

"DON'T TAZE ME BRO... DON'T TAZE ME BRO!!"

Gerberman

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 1, 2009
    As much as the guy was a jackass for starting something, he's gonna get paid for that "tough boy" showing by the po po. No camera and he would have been beaten senseless and multiple "other charges" would have appeared. Cop should have ignored him and walked away.

His speech is completely protected and doesn't come close to "fighting words" in the circumstances. They also can't ask for his drivers license while not in car. They can ask him to ID himself, IF they suspect a crime has been committed in order to investigate that, but in this case it's very weak.

He's gonna make a nice payday off officer toughboy.

Last edited:

W1nds0rF0x

Snap, Crackle, Pop.
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Oct 8, 2007
    Baton Rouge
    As much as the guy was a jackass for starting something, he's gonna get paid for that "tough boy" showing by the po po. No camera and he would have been beaten senseless and multiple "other charges" would have appeared. Cop should have ignored him and walked away.

I don't think so, if he hadn't had a camera he'd either have found someone with one or never stopped. With out a camera to document the Nazi-ism, he'd have no point or purpose.

Bullet

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 31, 2008
    New Orleans - Westbank
    I think this a case where some one acts out when they are certain the other person isn't going to do them anything. Like when a customer goes off on a cashier for no good reason - the poor sap can't say or do anything if they want to keep their job. But in this guy's case he was certain nothing would happen and he was wrong.

Anyway, I think if I had been the cop I would have just laughed at him which probably would have probably made his temper tantrum get worse. And the worse he got the more it would have made me laugh. For some reason I enjoy seeing people act out like him and it makes me laugh. Maybe I'm twisted.

Gerberman

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 1, 2009
    I think this a case where some one acts out when they are certain the other person isn't going to do them anything. Like when a customer goes off on a cashier for no good reason - the poor sap can't say or do anything if they want to keep their job. But in this guy's case he was certain nothing would happen and he was wrong.

Anyway, I think if I had been the cop I would have just laughed at him which probably would have probably made his temper tantrum get worse. And the worse he got the more it would have made me laugh. For some reason I enjoy seeing people act out like him and it makes me laugh. Maybe I'm twisted.

Exactly what the cop should have done, walk away and laugh. No reason to do what he did. Most level headed officers would do the same thing. Which is a majority of officers I suspect/hope.

Cat

*Banned*
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 5, 2009
    NE of Alexandria, Cenla
    We've been debating this one. Specularius said technically, the shaved (bald) LEO, as bad as he hated to admit it, possibly made a mistake when he crossed the threshold of the garage door and continue to insist to see ID instead of just his name.

Not that he was arguing against the cop, just that the cop put himself in a questioning situation. Will the arrest stick sort of thing.

My opinion and response to Spec, "So?". I have little sympathy for the nut. He was harassing an officer during a traffic stop. That's already a pretty dicey situation for an officer based on previous research.

Should the officer had ignored the nutjob? Yeah, probably so. Assholes are out there. You can't arrest every one you come across. Do I feel sorry for the jerk and would I cry foul if he actually spent a night in jail over something that might not be technically 100% by the book correct? Nope.

Top Bottom