Zimmerman ~ NOT Guilty

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • JLouv

Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 13, 2010
    Youngsville
    Great, before we only had to worry about teenagers on facebook wrecking into us while driving. Now we have to worry about JLouv crashing a jet into us while on the crapper.

Facepalm. You're safe. New job doesn't have me in or over LA much.

<<There is a better than average chance this post contains sarcasm>>

Leonidas

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Mar 4, 2010
    Slidell
    I got a summons for jury duty here in Lafayette Parish coming up in a week and a half, and I'm thinking about telling them I'm very qualified and ready to do the job, since I've been studying the George Zimmerman trial so closely.

If you don't want to serve, just tell them that you embrace the concept of jury nullification. They won't be able to get you out of there fast enough.

Hitman

® ™
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Sep 4, 2008
    Lake Charles
    2nd is still on the table along with the lesser charge of manslaughter. 3rd was denied by the judge.

Maybe I should have said 2nd Degree should be happy to at least be listed! but clearly shouldn't even be on the table and with the State crawfishing around it this morning, CLEARLY the Juror's are thinking the same thing.

So in my mind. 2nd Degree isn't on the table :D

How's that for Ilawyer talk :rofl:

AustinBR

Make your own luck
    Staff member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 22, 2012
    I got a summons for jury duty here in Lafayette Parish coming up in a week and a half, and I'm thinking about telling them I'm very qualified and ready to do the job, since I've been studying the George Zimmerman trial so closely.
    Aren't you a lawyer? I thought I read that sometime a while back.

Ya besides being an LEO I dunno if there's Anything that would get you off the list faster than jury nullification quotes.
    What exactly is jury nullification? I did a quick Google and still cannot sufficiently answer my question. Also, an even better way to get off is to know the person being charged :)

JLouv

Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 13, 2010
    Youngsville
    The manslaughter thing has me worried for GZ.

He is about to be judged by 12 people that were too stupid to get out of jury duty on a charge the jurors probably don't understand, that the prosecution pulled outta their ass at the last second to try to salvage the train wreck of a case they presented, for which the defense has had zero time to prepare or argue?

Is my summary incorrect?

<<There is a better than average chance this post contains sarcasm>>

MTregre

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 11, 2013
    St. Charles Parish
    Man, this really throws me for a loop, I had no idea lesser charges can be used. At first I was on the side that, yes he would walk bc the charges were set so high, it must all be for political play... then they did this and I see it the same way, minus the He walks part.

I hope I am wrong, guess its in the hands of the incredibly one sided voice of his peers.

No one answered the question about LEO being briefed on a not guilty verdict???

JNieman

Dush
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 11, 2011
    Lafayette
    Ya besides being an LEO I dunno if there's Anything that would get you off the list faster than jury nullification quotes.
    lol yea, a buddy has a business card from some Jury Rights organization he takes with him to jury duty.

If they can assure me they won't require me to stay past 5pm, I'm ok doing it. I absolutely can't leave later than 5oclock, so if that's a no-go, I'll have to request hardship or whatever they call it, but it sounds like they don't like to stay past 4-4:30 anyways, so I'll do it. Can't bitch about shitty juries, and dodge duty when it's your turn.

returningliberty

Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Nov 8, 2009
    Hammond, LA

What exactly is jury nullification? I did a quick Google and still cannot sufficiently answer my question. Also, an even better way to get off is to know the person being charged :)

Jury nullification occurs when a jury acquits a defendant contrary to the evidence before it.
    They can basically say "ya he did it but that's a stupid law so we find him not guilty". You will Not find that in jury instructions lol.

A pattern of jury nullifications causes a de facto repeal of the statute the government is trying to enforce.

Hitman

® ™
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Sep 4, 2008
    Lake Charles
    The manslaughter thing has me worried for GZ.

He is about to be judged by 12 people that were too stupid to get out of jury duty on a charge the jurors probably don't understand, that the prosecution pulled outta their ass at the last second to try to salvage the train wreck of a case they presented, for which the defense has had zero time to prepare or argue?

Is my summary incorrect?
    Man, this really throws me for a loop, I had no idea lesser charges can be used. At first I was on the side that, yes he would walk bc the charges were set so high, it must all be for political play... then they did this and I see it the same way, minus the He walks part.

I hope I am wrong, guess its in the hands of the incredibly one sided voice of his peers.

6 Jurors. All Female.

Leonidas

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Mar 4, 2010
    Slidell

I'm sure there are far more qualified folks to explain.

Bottom line is, barring misconduct, a juror may vote any damned way he pleases for any reason he pleases. You think its an unjust law, vote for acquittal, regardless of the evidence. Think the process is unfair. The the DA is a prick. Maybe some testimony that was thrown out ia actually relevant, etc.

The founders actually intended it to be the peoples' last peaceful defense against tyranny.

EDIT: RL typed fastern me. What he said.

Last edited:

Leonidas

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Mar 4, 2010
    Slidell
    This! There is a reason it is called Jury DUTY!

Agree much. I value the option of nullification. I just wouldn't tell them. I think more folks should understand the concept and that the judges' instructions aren't always in the interest of justice. Zimmerman is a perfect example.

mpl006

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 4, 2011
    Ruston
    Watching Greta right now and they keep acting like they feel we could have a decision by as early as tomorrow night or possibly saturday night.

Another interesting point that I was wondering while listening to the first part of the closing statements was when the state kept misstating the facts such as what GZ told the neighbor that called his wife. I was wondering why there was no objections and just thought they couldn't object but it appears as though Greta would have been objecting the whole time it seemed. Some of the other lawyers where saying they would have waited to and show in there closing just who the liar was.

Hitman

® ™
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Sep 4, 2008
    Lake Charles
    Watching Greta right now and they keep acting like they feel we could have a decision by as early as tomorrow night or possibly saturday night.

Another interesting point that I was wondering while listening to the first part of the closing statements was when the state kept misstating the facts such as what GZ told the neighbor that called his wife. I was wondering why there was no objections and just thought they couldn't object but it appears as though Greta would have been objecting the whole time it seemed. Some of the other lawyers where saying they would have waited to and show in there closing just who the liar was.

Read back a page or two. It was a FREE FOR ALL with no stops. Dr. Phil got so worked up the Judge did have to 'calm him down' but besides that it was no hold barred!

He was yelling 'F.ing Punks, and These ASSHOLES Always Get away. Then he found himself repeating what Jaba girlfriend said and he was like "f.in cracker or whatever she said to describe him". he wouldn't say the F word outloud then. Only when he was playing GZ but it was so obvious he caught himself about to say it but stopped he looked stupid. I think his buddy was like dude, slow down, you almost getting ahead of yourself.

Which is why i said the State spread so much confusion and DOUBT today, the jury was left with a MOUNTAIN of Reasonable doubt and the defense hadn't even spoke yet :rofl:

He was like Dr. Phil on crack :mamoru:

Out for the night guys! /

Vermiform

Free Candy!
    Gold Member
    Marketplace Mod
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Sep 18, 2006
    Shreveport - or therebouts
    The State's lackluster performance makes me wonder if these prosecutors even think GZ is guilty. Seems like they are just lobbing softballs for the defense to smash over the fences. Has anyone seen the movie Sleepers?

h32cl0kl0df362m5elkn.jpg

Hitman

® ™
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Sep 4, 2008
    Lake Charles
    Meanwhile on Retriever Training Forum .net.

They're more concerned with whether or not you'd give your dog a 'Back' or 'Over' Cast on the second point if you were running this as a Water Blind. :doh:

:mamoru: :rofl:

7bw2u2hpum49tcnxiqd.jpg

Pas Tout La

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 12, 2012
    Droite La
    Maybe I should have said 2nd Degree should be happy to at least be listed! but clearly shouldn't even be on the table and with the State crawfishing around it this morning, CLEARLY the Juror's are thinking the same thing.

So in my mind. 2nd Degree isn't on the table :D

How's that for Ilawyer talk :rofl:

Gotcha. I thought you were saying that the jury is only goi g to be instructed on manslaughter. I totally agree with you that the states only chance is manslaughter, but with GZ self defense claim, if he was in gear of death for 2nd degree he was in fear for manslaughter.

They're more concerned with whether or not you'd give your dog a 'Back' or 'Over' Cast on the second point if you were running this as a Water Blind. :doh:

7bw2u2hpum49tcnxiqd.jpg

Wow! To each his own I guess. I'm actually surprised thy there is not a discussion here about the Kel-Tec that GZ used. There seems to be some non-believers in the group.

Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region

7bw2u2hpum49tcnxiqd.jpg

After listening to the dummies that still to this day, are trying to find a reason (outside of evidence), to find fault with GZ; I actually believe training your retriever at the crime scene is a better way to spend your day!

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    bharden68
    Top Bottom