2013 Panic Finds (Post Gun, Mag, Ammo and Parts Finds Here)

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • kk5fe

Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jan 2, 2012
    Covington
    Not sure the qty. count but it looked like a decent amount, possibly more than 100. I'm downstairs eating now. Otherwise I'd go back and check it out.

I bet whatever your eating was way better then my turkey sandwich! ;) Dont worry about going back.... I wouldnt be able to make it there till the weekend and they will probably be gone. I've made that drive many times, only to be met with empty shelves.... :(

nolaradio

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 8, 2012
    Parts unknown
    I bet whatever your eating was way better then my turkey sandwich! ;) Dont worry about going back.... I wouldnt be able to make it there till the weekend and they will probably be gone. I've made that drive many times, only to be met with empty shelves.... :(

What are you looking for?
    Oh, fish and chips with a side of onion rings.

sportsbud

Rating - 100%
    50   0   0
    Jan 16, 2013
    NOLA
    Arms merchant in Mandeville has the motherload Of smiths! apparently all unfired from the personal collection of an elderly gentlemen, even have several lugers, including one with adjustable sights designed to be put in a rifle stock! no stock sadly...

nolaradio

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 8, 2012
    Parts unknown
    I haven't noticed this before today so I am not sure when it changed. But on Cabela's site, they no longer have a limit as far as how many boxes of ammo you can buy. the selection of the most popular calibers is limited though. There's some .223, .45 and .40 available as I type this. Not the best prices, but it seems like the removal of the 5 box limit is a good sign.

killerkarl

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 31, 2012
    I placed and order on Cabela's Saturday and the limit of 5 boxes for each type of ammo was still in place then. They have had a good supply of .40 and .45 available for about the last month.

Maybe the ammo shortage is about over...well at least until the next time.

dominion99

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 26, 2013
    Pierre Part
    At cabelas 4:54pm. Tons of .223 American eagle and othe brands. AE is $9.99. Tons of 45 and 40 and a few boxes o Barnes 9mm @ $29.99. In case anyone needs some.

Fred_G

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 5, 2013
    West Monroe
    TP Outdoors in West Monroe has Blazer Brass 115 grain FMG in 9mm Luger flavor, $15.99 for 50 rounds. They had about half a pallet or less when I left there today. Talked to the guy when I was paying my range fees, he said they really only had trouble getting .22lr, so hopefully the drought is almost over.

nolaradio

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 8, 2012
    Parts unknown
    ude6yda6.jpg

Looks like things are starting to get a little better. .308 is back from behind the customer service counter and on the shelves with the rest of the ammo at Academy in Covington. Noticed this new policy signage yesterday which went into effect on 7/8/13. 7.62 is on the shelves as well. No more weekly limits on firearms sales anymore either.
    I was there yesterday around 10am and there was still about a dozen boxes of American Eagle .223 behind customer service. That may be a good sign as well that the ammo is lasting longer. Heard an employee behind the gun counter tell another customer that the lines at the doors each morning are getting shorter too.

Last edited:

Praesul Presul

On Target.....Sometimes
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 15, 2008
    Western KY
    Cortana Walmart had Federal Fusion in .223 for $22.47 and 6.8 for $23.47 (Palmetto State as both for $16.99 and $19.99 respectively) depending on if you need it..........

JLouv

Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 13, 2010
    Youngsville
    Cabelas has 22lr ammo online right now.

1000rnds 0.05/rnd. $49.99

Nevermind....sold out in less than 10 mins.

Last edited:
    You have insufficient privileges to reply here.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    kjstang02
    Top Bottom