2014 Fitness

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 11Bravo

Rating - 100%
    57   0   0
    Feb 19, 2009
    Opelousas, LA
    I'm now down a total 90lbs from June. Waist size 32 from 42. I'm now working out 4-5 days a week. Just hit my dead lift goal of 405lbs. I'd like to get my bench to 225lbs. It's been a complete over haul for me.

olivs260

Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Sep 23, 2009
    Geismar, LA
    I'm now down a total 90lbs from June. Waist size 32 from 42. I'm now working out 4-5 days a week. Just hit my dead lift goal of 405lbs. I'd like to get my bench to 225lbs. It's been a complete over haul for me.

I've got to wonder, what dietary changes have you made to go along with the lifting?

wiliermdb

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 12, 2014
    Prairieville, LA
    I thought about excercising, But I sat down till the urge went away. LMAO Im considering quiting smoking and doing some cardio. Last year when I shot in a 3gun competition I thought I was gonna pass out. Its hard to aim when your trying to catch your breath. I'ne been scanning Craigslist for a Bowflex and a tread mill. No luck yet

If I can pry my wife's hands off her barely used treadmill I'll sell that sucker to get it out of my workshop. How about a weight bench as a package deal?

RedStickChick

-Global Mod-
    Premium Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 6, 2012
    Baton Rouge
    If I can pry my wife's hands off her barely used treadmill I'll sell that sucker to get it out of my workshop. How about a weight bench as a package deal?

Give her an ultimatum? If she doesn't use it it's just collecting dust.

Answer me this, has it been used as a clothing rack of sorts at all?

wiliermdb

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 12, 2014
    Prairieville, LA
    Getting back on the bike and cutting back on the junk in the diet. I don't really drink sodas so that's not an issue. I do enjoy sweet tea but I can regulate the amount of sugar. Typically when I hit the road on my bike I will log 25 - 35 miles and that generally takes me 1 1/2 to 2 hours to complete depending upon how many times I bring the pace up above 20 mph and for how long. My average speed sucks right now. About 16 mph over 20+ miles. A few years ago I was in the 19 - 20 mph average range.

Once I get a few short rides under my belt I can kick the mileage up to 40 - 60 miles per event. I use to log 3500 - 4000 miles a year (9 months). I need to drop about 15 - 20 lbs I gained by eating junk and rebuilding a ski boat.

RedStickChick

-Global Mod-
    Premium Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 6, 2012
    Baton Rouge
    Getting back on the bike and cutting back on the junk in the diet. I don't really drink sodas so that's not an issue. I do enjoy sweet tea but I can regulate the amount of sugar. Typically when I hit the road on my bike I will log 25 - 35 miles and that generally takes me 1 1/2 to 2 hours to complete depending upon how many times I bring the pace up above 20 mph and for how long. My average speed sucks right now. About 16 mph over 20+ miles. A few years ago I was in the 19 - 20 mph average range.

Once I get a few short rides under my belt I can kick the mileage up to 40 - 60 miles per event. I use to log 3500 - 4000 miles a year (9 months). I need to drop about 15 - 20 lbs I gained by eating junk and rebuilding a ski boat.

I've been considering getting back on the bike but I don't have a rack on my SUV anymore and can't fit it in the vehicle (it's complicated). I know this shouldn't be an excuse but I honestly don't feel like riding out of my complex is safe considering the options are Jefferson or College. I might just hijack my neighbor's truck once a week or so from now on.

AustinBR

Make your own luck
    Staff member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 22, 2012
    I've been considering getting back on the bike but I don't have a rack on my SUV anymore and can't fit it in the vehicle (it's complicated). I know this shouldn't be an excuse but I honestly don't feel like riding out of my complex is safe considering the options are Jefferson or College. I might just hijack my neighbor's truck once a week or so from now on.

They make bike racks that fit ANY vehicle. I have one that goes on the back of my SUV that holds four bikes and I probably could fit one (with the wheel taken off) in the back if I really tried. If you are shopping for bike racks PM me and I can point you in a good direction. Sticking away from certain brands yields to better results :P

ericlosh

Rating - 100%
    46   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    Slidell LA
    lift, sleep, eat.

i have been trying to make my workouts more effective and started a new split a few weeks ago so i am egar for the next couple of months to see how things go

RedStickChick

-Global Mod-
    Premium Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 6, 2012
    Baton Rouge
    They make bike racks that fit ANY vehicle. I have one that goes on the back of my SUV that holds four bikes and I probably could fit one (with the wheel taken off) in the back if I really tried. If you are shopping for bike racks PM me and I can point you in a good direction. Sticking away from certain brands yields to better results :P

Oh I have a hitch mounted bike rack.

I just never put it on since my wreck because I don't ride nearly as much as I used to, it's a PITA to take off/put on, and I haven't gotten a hitch for my SUV yet.

AustinBR

Make your own luck
    Staff member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 22, 2012
    Oh I have a hitch mounted bike rack.

I just never put it on since my wreck because I don't ride nearly as much as I used to, it's a PITA to take off/put on, and I haven't gotten a hitch for my SUV yet.
    I have a non-hitched one for my SUV. It clips right on the back and is good to go to hold four bikes. No worry of scratches or anything like that either.

Top Bottom