2014 Fitness

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • AustinBR

Make your own luck
    Staff member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 22, 2012
    That's cool and all, but I don't trust those.

Alrighty haha! Personal preference I guess. They work just fine :)

On that note, I think I am going to go do some core work and then run on the treadmill for a little bit. And before anyone starts moaning, I don't like running in the dark AND the pollen is terrible right now. Running on the treadmill at a slight incline is better than not running at all!

RedStickChick

-Global Mod-
    Premium Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 6, 2012
    Baton Rouge
    I have a non-hitched one for my SUV. It clips right on the back and is good to go to hold four bikes. No worry of scratches or anything like that either.

Have you ever been driving down i10 going 70/75 and have one of those carrying 4 bikes on it fall off the SUV in front of you?

It's not fun. At all.

11Bravo

Rating - 100%
    57   0   0
    Feb 19, 2009
    Opelousas, LA
    I've got to wonder, what dietary changes have you made to go along with the lifting?

Most of my weight was lost with strictly diet alone. My goal was to get down to 200lbs then join a gym and work out regularly, so I've only been lifting since January. I take in about 1800-2000 calories a day and watch my marcos pretty closely. When I was dieting it was pretty much calorie restriction. Started gradually then cut back pretty seriously for several months and slowly started working my way back up.

rtr_rtr

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 24, 2011
    New Orleans
    Doing a dedicated bench program to see if I can get my max up to 225+ 3 weeks from now. Started front squats again and it's not bugging my back, so knocking on wood I don't hurt myself and can keep form tight

I'm now down a total 90lbs from June. Waist size 32 from 42. I'm now working out 4-5 days a week. Just hit my dead lift goal of 405lbs. I'd like to get my bench to 225lbs. It's been a complete over haul for me.

I'm down 28lbs in 1 month of diet and 15min of cardio a day.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Impressive losses!

2 miles in 19:47. It's my current 2 mile personal record.

JR1572

Congrats!

Last edited:

spanky

Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    141   0   0
    Sep 12, 2006
    Gonzales, LA
    i'm on week two of a new oly lifting program. ****'s real.

before this i did a different 12 week oly program and i made PRs on everything from strict OHP to deadlift and added 25lbs to my snatch, 35lbs to my clean and jerk and 15lbs to my clean.

deadlift is up to 450 which was a +15lb lifetime PR and back squat is 340 which was a +35lb PR (i'd done 335 before but it wasn't below parallel).

RedStickChick

-Global Mod-
    Premium Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 6, 2012
    Baton Rouge
    i'm on week two of a new oly lifting program. ****'s real.

before this i did a different 12 week oly program and i made PRs on everything from strict OHP to deadlift and added 25lbs to my snatch, 35lbs to my clean and jerk and 15lbs to my clean.

deadlift is up to 450 which was a +15lb lifetime PR and back squat is 340 which was a +35lb PR (i'd done 335 before but it wasn't below parallel).

Nice! I'm thinking about incorporating OLY into my workouts. Maybe WOD at 0500 then lift at 0600.

We'll see if that happens.

Pas Tout La

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 12, 2012
    Droite La
    Some progress to report... While doing yard work this weekend, I noticed I kept having to pull my shorts up. I can pull them completely down without having to unbutton them! I'm even noticing my work pants are fitting a lot better. I'm usually around 180 and I weighed in at 172 this morning. It's mostly grilled meats and veggies now. I may eat white rice once every 2 weeks as opposed to everynight now and cut back on the potatoes a lot. I'm trying to switch to sweet potatoes, but my wife hates them. I've just been getting my mom to bake a bunch when she cooks them and I go steal a few from her to reheat throughout the week. I wake up ealry and cook 2 eggs every morning and have a protein shake at work (I mix coffee and Vanilla Combat...... mmmmmmmmm) I've also cut out the beer during the weekdays unless there is an event or something I have to go to and limit my weekend consumption. I try to get some running in on the treadmill, but not nearly as much as I want. When things slow down at work, I'm hoping to start T25.

Well that's it. Nothing spectacular, but it is some progress!

11Bravo

Rating - 100%
    57   0   0
    Feb 19, 2009
    Opelousas, LA
    Some progress to report... While doing yard work this weekend, I noticed I kept having to pull my shorts up. I can pull them completely down without having to unbutton them! I'm even noticing my work pants are fitting a lot better. I'm usually around 180 and I weighed in at 172 this morning. It's mostly grilled meats and veggies now. I may eat white rice once every 2 weeks as opposed to everynight now and cut back on the potatoes a lot. I'm trying to switch to sweet potatoes, but my wife hates them. I've just been getting my mom to bake a bunch when she cooks them and I go steal a few from her to reheat throughout the week. I wake up ealry and cook 2 eggs every morning and have a protein shake at work (I mix coffee and Vanilla Combat...... mmmmmmmmm) I've also cut out the beer during the weekdays unless there is an event or something I have to go to and limit my weekend consumption. I try to get some running in on the treadmill, but not nearly as much as I want. When things slow down at work, I'm hoping to start T25.

Well that's it. Nothing spectacular, but it is some progress!

Great job man! The only time buying new clothes gets exciting is when you're dropping sizes. I'm still slowly rebuilding my wardrobe. Almost to my 225lb bench press goal, I got 215 last night. I used to have a problem with waking up very hungry and wanting to eat everything in sight, especially after lifting days. I started making pudding with casein protein and eating it before bed and I'm no longer ravenous when I wake up. My favorite recipe so far is 1 scoop Dymatize Elite Casein Cinnamon Bun, 2 tbsp natural peanut butter, 2 tbsp plain non fat greek yogurt, and just enough milk to mix the powder and other ingredients.

AustinBR

Make your own luck
    Staff member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 22, 2012
    Great job man! The only time buying new clothes gets exciting is when you're dropping sizes. I'm still slowly rebuilding my wardrobe. Almost to my 225lb bench press goal, I got 215 last night. I used to have a problem with waking up very hungry and wanting to eat everything in sight, especially after lifting days. I started making pudding with casein protein and eating it before bed and I'm no longer ravenous when I wake up. My favorite recipe so far is 1 scoop Dymatize Elite Casein Cinnamon Bun, 2 tbsp natural peanut butter, 2 tbsp plain non fat greek yogurt, and just enough milk to mix the powder and other ingredients.

That sounds delicious!

AustinBR

Make your own luck
    Staff member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 22, 2012
    *gulp*

Tomorrow I begin the training for the Adventure Race that I am doing with some friends. If anyone from here is interested in said race, PM me and I can share a few details. They are tons of fun. Also, if anyone wants to train with me in the next two months (running, mt biking, canoeing), hit me up!

Distances for the 8-hour course (2014 USARA National Championship Qualifier) are approximately 20 miles biking, 7 miles canoeing, 10 miles trekking/running, plus mystery challenges. Distances are approximate and vary depending on your route choices, points collected, and challenges completed.

Hogin

Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jun 27, 2011
    Independence LA
    Update: as stated in a previous post, Im a old fat man, real fat. Considered myself a professional dieter, I could diet with the best of them. Then gain it all back over time. So I decided to look into the Bariatric Surgery, since I had a sister in-law and co-worker and few friends go through the process. November of 2013 I was 317 lbs and started working with the insurance required dietician. She was realistic in setting my goals, and worked more with changing my lifestyle. Giving up the sodas (diet cokes) eating slower and healthier. Well I went under the knife on June 3rd weighing in at 305, and today, (just shy of 2 months) I am at 255. And for all the nay sayers who think this was the easy way out, dont fool yourself. While having the "sleeve" is a tool to restrict calorie consumption. It is a major lifestyle change, and exactly that... a tool. Two days post op, I started walking for excercise, and bought a fitbit band to help me track my steps / movements. I am now walking 1 hour in the morning, and 30 minutes in the evening, never doing less than the minimum of 10,000 steps a day. My calorie intake is between 600-700 per day, and over 300 of that is a nasty disgusting protein shake every morning. I'm not sure these old worn out knees will handle any running, so walking and or biking will have to suffice for now. Eventually I will start some weight training, but my goal is to loose as much weight as possible during the 1 year golden time, post surgery.

Just thought I would share this for the folks that think its too late, their too old, or have just run out of options. Please keep in mind, this is a tool! And a major lifestyle change. No carbonation, no fried foods, no fast food, all the good stuff us fat folks love is over! I will have to take supplements for the rest of my life. Nothing major, just vitamins as such, but still its a lifetime commitment. You either buy in whole heartedly, and use the tool. Or end up like that other person that had the surgery and gained it all back.

If any one has any questions, or would like to know more about the Gastric Sleeve. Feel free to message me, and I'll help out where I can.

Top Bottom