2014 Fitness

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • JR1572

Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    58   0   0
    Nov 30, 2008
    Madisonville, LA
    Just an update. I'm at 215-217. It fluctuates daily. That puts me at the 40-38 pound range. Getting below 215 is my short term goal at the moment.

I'm still running and doing push-ups/sit-ups.

JR1572

AustinBR

Make your own luck
    Staff member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 22, 2012
    Just an update. I'm at 215-217. It fluctuates daily. That puts me at the 40-38 pound range. Getting below 215 is my short term goal at the moment.

I'm still running and doing push-ups/sit-ups.

JR1572
    Keep it up man! That is awesome!!

I will post updates on my fitness goals in the upcoming weeks :)

AustinBR

Make your own luck
    Staff member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 22, 2012
    Weighed in at 160 yesterday. That's near ten pounds of muscle gained over the past two months(ish). Also lost near an inch in my belly as well...and the abs are starting to poke out finally. Decided that today would be a good day to start running again and I did two miles in roughly 19 minutes after doing a seven mile mountain bike ride @ Comite!

Anyone else have updates? 1/4 of the way into the year!!

calcagno45

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 6, 2014
    Gramercy, LA
    Started 2/1/14 at 207 and currently weigh in at 193. Did the Advocare 24 challenge and continued eating much better with very little junk food. Daily routine of push ups, dips, leg lifts, crunches to tone up some. Very happy so far.

rtr_rtr

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 24, 2011
    New Orleans
    Weighed in today at 163, up from 135 last August, still lean around 10-12%. 7 more pounds to go for my July 1 goal, 22 more pounds to go for my general life goal

AustinBR

Make your own luck
    Staff member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 22, 2012
    Weighed in today at 163, up from 135 last August, still lean around 10-12%. 7 more pounds to go for my July 1 goal, 22 more pounds to go for my general life goal

What exactly are you doing to gain so fast?

Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 21, 2011
    Lake Charles
    Just discovering this thread.

I've been using Beachbody programs, like P90X and Insanity, for about 5 years now to keep myself fit. I absolutely love them and they work like a charm. I drink Shakeology everyday too.

Currently I stand about 5'10 175 lbs with somewhere between 9-12% body fat. I don't exactly what I am because I haven't measured it for about a year and I was 9% then. All I know is my abs still show and I feel like I'm in phenomenal shape.

AustinBR

Make your own luck
    Staff member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 22, 2012
    Just discovering this thread.

I've been using Beachbody programs, like P90X and Insanity, for about 5 years now to keep myself fit. I absolutely love them and they work like a charm. I drink Shakeology everyday too.

Currently I stand about 5'10 175 lbs with somewhere between 9-12% body fat. I don't exactly what I am because I haven't measured it for about a year and I was 9% then. All I know is my abs still show and I feel like I'm in phenomenal shape.
    I have done plenty of P90X and Insanity....just got T25 in last week and it is the best by far. 25 minutes is a winner too. How do you like the Shakeology? I always see the ads, but have yet to try them...aren't they kind of expensive?

Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 21, 2011
    Lake Charles
    I just finished T25. I'm on P90X3 now. T25 is definitely a great workout. Didn't think it was possible to get such great results in just 25 minutes.

I love shakeology. Takes all the guess work out of nutrition. Yeah, it's a little expensive, but there are ways of getting discounts. I have it for breakfast every morning and when it all comes down to it I don't spend any more on it than what I used to have for breakfast.

rtr_rtr

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 24, 2011
    New Orleans
    What exactly are you doing to gain so fast?

Started lifting after 2 years of sedentary lifestyle and bad diet, so a fair amount of it was rebound from being super unhealthy. Eating at a pretty big calorie surplus, a little bit of it is creatine bloat, and been doing either a 5 or 4 day bro split pretty consistently since starting with not a lot of cardio. The steady surplus is pretty big though - my body has never really put on fat regardless of the shape I've been in, so I don't have to worry much about putting on bad weight

Last edited:

AustinBR

Make your own luck
    Staff member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 22, 2012
    I just finished T25. I'm on P90X3 now. T25 is definitely a great workout. Didn't think it was possible to get such great results in just 25 minutes.

I love shakeology. Takes all the guess work out of nutrition. Yeah, it's a little expensive, but there are ways of getting discounts. I have it for breakfast every morning and when it all comes down to it I don't spend any more on it than what I used to have for breakfast.
    Interesting. I am doing T25 between school and work right now (since it is only 25 minutes) and then when I get home I am doing P90X with heavy weights. I am stuck in the dilemma of wanting to get bigger or wanting to get slimmer. At the shape that I am in, it is kind of hard to work on both at the same time. Today I started running, as I mentioned earlier, and I want to see if I can find time to run three days a week. Probably will end up happening after T25 Tuesday - Thursday.

Started lifting after 2 years of sedentary lifestyle and bad diet, so a fair amount of it was rebound from being super unhealthy. Eating at a pretty big calorie surplus, a little bit of it is creatine bloat, and been doing either a 5 or 4 day bro split pretty consistently since starting with not a lot of cardio. The steady surplus is pretty big though - my body has never really put on fat regardless of the shape I've been in, so I don't have to worry much about putting on bad weight
    That's cool. Creatine is fun. I took two weeks off of it and am about to start again on the morrow. I do enjoy my current diet of being able to eat whatever I want whenever I want (within reason). It helps with gaining muscle, but it also puts on a little bit of fluff due to the extra sugar and carbs in my YUMMY protein shakes / bars. Such is life :P

Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 21, 2011
    Lake Charles
    Interesting. I am doing T25 between school and work right now (since it is only 25 minutes) and then when I get home I am doing P90X with heavy weights. I am stuck in the dilemma of wanting to get bigger or wanting to get slimmer. At the shape that I am in, it is kind of hard to work on both at the same time. Today I started running, as I mentioned earlier, and I want to see if I can find time to run three days a week. Probably will end up happening after T25 Tuesday - Thursday.

If you need help, my wife is a coach. She can also get discounts for people on things like Shakeology and other programs.

AustinBR

Make your own luck
    Staff member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 22, 2012
    If you need help, my wife is a coach. She can also get discounts for people on things like Shakeology and other programs.
    Thanks! Will keep that in mind! :D

I think I will polish the day off with a huge ass bowl of popcorn xD!

Fred_G

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 5, 2013
    West Monroe
    I have gotten fat and lazy. My gut had a shadow in the shower, this will not do. I have been doing a few reps of sit ups, push ups and some light dumb bell work, but it is time for some cardio. Got the bike out, dusted it off, will give it a good going over Monday, and Tuesday it is time for a short ride.

I am getting old, my BP is borderline, it is time to take action.

RedStickChick

-Global Mod-
    Premium Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 6, 2012
    Baton Rouge
    I have gotten fat and lazy. My gut had a shadow in the shower, this will not do. I have been doing a few reps of sit ups, push ups and some light dumb bell work, but it is time for some cardio. Got the bike out, dusted it off, will give it a good going over Monday, and Tuesday it is time for a short ride.

I am getting old, my BP is borderline, it is time to take action.

You got this!

AustinBR

Make your own luck
    Staff member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 22, 2012
    I expect you all to haunt me if I don't.

How's it coming Fred?

Anyone else have any updates?

I have done three weeks of T25 and am really noticing an improvement in my abs and core. I also started throwing in running and sprints in addition to T25. I am trying to throw weights in sometimes, but it isn't fitting much into my schedule. More to come later!

Top Bottom